Forum staff?

I think it would be great to have someone promoted who would only be focused on moderating the forums. 

I still come across some posts where players are requesting their Veteran rank but not getting it even after months. 

This is just how I think about it, I’m not saying it should happen :) 

Let me know what your thoughts are about this!

• Upvote 1

The mods and admins act as forum staff.  Anyone that Gretar feels trusted to be a forum staff would probably already be staff in game. 

On 7/10/2021 at 8:17 AM, Sinister said:

Need admin CP to give ranks and gretar wont trust even his most trusted admins with that

This. 

Also, forums are pretty dead. People tend to just use discord for most of the things we used to post on forums.

Edited by Fruitiest

Trust issues are well justified based on past experiences, problem with giving forum CP access is danger of IP leaks, some people take this game so serious as to DDOS over pixels. No matter how well you think you know someone, or how long you've known them, they are still just strangers on the internet unless you meet IRL. Therefore I completely understand Gretar's hesitation, and the forum is 3rd party software, unlike the game/main website, there is limited controls to what he can show/hide in the admin settings.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, PK Guy said:

Trust issues are well justified based on past experiences, problem with giving forum CP access is danger of IP leaks, some people take this game so serious as to DDOS over pixels. No matter how well you think you know someone, or how long you've known them, they are still just strangers on the internet unless you meet IRL. Therefore I completely understand Gretar's hesitation, and the forum is 3rd party software, unlike the game/main website, there is limited controls to what he can show/hide in the admin settings.

It's 2021 my friend you can easily limit ACP, the only risk is if they have immense programming/hacking capability to bypass those restrictions, which in the nicest way possible, i don't think any Roat admin would :

Care to do
Know how to do
Want to do

You can have ACP access without seeing IPs and sensitive information, but then theres the issue of compromised accounts from staff members, so you're not wrong, it's definitely a tricky one and i can understand 100% why for him the risk simply isn't worth taking for the very small benefit there is for doing it.

• Upvote 1