Wager

10 hours ago, Knasterd said:

Could be something fun but I'm curious how you will prevent match fixing

That will not ever happen since the contestants have no clue who the players bet on so everybody will try their best to win just incase there is Wager's on them.

Edited by Chef
13 hours ago, Chef said:

That will not ever happen since the contestants have no clue who the players bet on so everybody will try their best to win just incase there is Wager's on them.

Ehm.. you're thinking in one direction. Multiple contestants and betters could be in the same set-up. :) 

Just like how matchfixing in sports work.

For example:

situation 1

Finale, player A vs player B

Multiple matchfixers place their bets on B so A dies on purpose

situation 2

Finale, Player A and player B are both in the same set-up

The player with the most money set on their head (from the people that are in the matchfix) will win on purpose

situation 3

Players B is within the set-up and player A isn't.

An x-amount of money (more than the tournament prize is) is offered to player A so that Player B can win.

Apart from these situations, there are of course many more opportunities to cheat the system.

9 hours ago, Knasterd said:

Ehm.. you're thinking in one direction. Multiple contestants and betters could be in the same set-up. :) 

Just like how matchfixing in sports work.

For example:

situation 1

Multiple matchfixers place their bets on B so A dies on purpose

situation 2

Finale, Player A and player B are both in the same set-up

The player with the most money set on their head (from the people that are in the matchfix) will win on purpose

situation 3

Players B is within the set-up and player A isn't.

An x-amount of money (more than the tournament prize is) is offered to player A so that Player B can win.

Apart from these situations, there are of course many more opportunities to cheat the system.

I think in such case there should be a warning to not permit such thing and @Gretar Could make an automatic system that disallow private messaging each other during the tournament and of course you would think of discord or any kind of different platforms to communicate with each other but it would be too late to fix a match when the server itself pick random Player Vs Player, and it would take a 'lot of convincing in the voice chat to make a stranger " Trust You ". I believe this is worth the shot and tried out first, it's bit of a complicated situation I dig that, But there's gotta be better ways to prevent such match fixing and also would be a good idea to Pay a supervisor with power to observe private messaging during the event. every risk would be calculated for in my opinon to be fair. Have a nice day!

4 hours ago, Knasterd said:

There's just too much what could go wrong with a wager system, it's not going to work and won't be added. Trust me. ;) 

Most of the suggestions won't be added tbf. Eventually just an idea that crossed my mind and hopefully these ideas will give gretar better ones to imply to the server.

1 hour ago, paramingo said:

Bro you suggest things like u smoke crack irl

Not everybody has the same taste. some of the people like them, but you don't have to, just an assumption.

On 12/1/2021 at 8:13 AM, Knasterd said:

Could be something fun but I'm curious how you will prevent match fixing

I doubt you could prevent match fixing from ever happening, but you could make it so the contestant would get 5-10% of the profit from the wagers if they win the tournament.

1 minute ago, Its Ted said:

I doubt you could prevent match fixing from ever happening, but you could make it so the contestant would get 5-10% of the profit from the wagers if they win the tournament.

actually nah this is impossible, match fixing will always happen. You would just bet on the person who is not your friend and tell your friend to let him kill you.

• Upvote 1
On 12/3/2021 at 3:37 PM, Its Ted said:

actually nah this is impossible, match fixing will always happen. You would just bet on the person who is not your friend and tell your friend to let him kill you.

But to remind you there wuould be a reward from the server that's not worth dying for so yeah.