Revamping the vote store (& buffing wilderness clue scrolls)

I've mentioned a revamp of the vote store before. Especially after the wilderness clue scrolls got released a while ago. In this thread I'll try to explain as good as possible why I think revamping the vote store would be beneficial to the game. If you're missing any information or whatever don't hestitate to ask! :)

Current vote store

image.png.5de78cafdd01acecc431bdef0a067c4c.png

The infernal cape is obviously the most populair item from the vote store as it is one of the only ways to obtain this BIS cape. When someone has a cape he can sell it back to the store for an relatively high price and I think that's a great way for people to get some pk points back after they (for example) get cleaned. It also filters out vote points from the game as the chances of them buying the cape back when the bank is wealthier is pretty big. Untradables like the void set and the capes are always good to have.

The "issue"

As you can see (and as you probably know) the vote store is filled with (relatively) cheap 3rd-age pieces. To me and my nostalgia feelings to RuneScape these items should be worth way more. 

Earlier this year in May the Wilderness Clue Scrolls got released to RoatPkz. Over 250 unique tasks related to the wilderness are attached to the clue scrolls. A piece of content that should be fun and active, but as of now I label it as dead content. Not because the clue scrolls are too boring, steps not working or anything like that, but because the rewards are not rewardable enough. Apart from the infernal cape on elite clues (1/200) and blue ankou pieces (1/333), ring of 3rd age, 3rd age partyhat, 3rd age halloween mask and 3rd age santa hat (all 1/500) the rewards of the clue caskets are basically useless and not worthy enough.

On a hard clue casket you have a chance of 1/480 to get a 3rd age pieces with the melee body and legs being the most expensive (about 100k ish at maximum, 50 vote points). To give another example a 3rd age druidic robe top from the elite casket is a 1/1760 change and has an esstimated worth of 112.5k. Why the hell would you do clues if theres a 1/1760 chance to get 100k?

image.png.c62d7d57ac9752e79015e1cbcf618721.png

The sollution

By removing 3rd age pieces from the vote store and completely wiping all the 3rd age items from the game (this has been done before with different items, average worth could be given back to players in pk points) the 3rd age pieces, that should be something unique and have a nostalgic feeling to me, would be worth way more and you will rarely see players walking around in a nice 3rd age outfit. Let's be honest; the only way you would wear those armour pieces is to flex, right? ;) 

Obviously the vote store would need new items to be added to the store. I'd like to ask you guys to think with me and throw some suggestions in a comment under this thread. By revamping the vote store we could make it look fresh again and maybe give players a different way to obtain certain items, resources or whatever. Also the wilderness clue scrolls would be worth doing again which results in a bigger variation of content you could play as a player, a more active wilderness etc.

What do you think about this? Let me know. 👇

Edited by Knasterd
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Knasterd said:

I've mentioned a revamp of the vote store before. Especially after the wilderness clue scrolls got released a while ago. In this thread I'll try to explain as good as possible why I think revamping the vote store would be beneficial to the game. If you're missing any information or whatever don't hestitate to ask! :)

Current vote store

The infernal cape is obviously the most populair item from the vote store as it is one of the only ways to obtain this BIS cape. When someone has a cape he can sell it back to the store for an relatively high price and I think that's a great way for people to get some pk points back after they (for example) get cleaned. It also filters out vote points from the game as the chances of them buying the cape back when the bank is wealthier is pretty big. Untradables like the void set and the capes are always good to have.

The "issue"

As you can see (and as you probably know) the vote store is filled with (relatively) cheap 3rd-age pieces. To me and my nostalgia feelings to RuneScape these items should be worth way more. 

Earlier this year in May the Wilderness Clue Scrolls got released to RoatPkz. Over 250 unique tasks related to the wilderness are attached to the clue scrolls. A piece of content that should be fun and active, but as of now I label it as dead content. Not because the clue scrolls are too boring, steps not working or anything like that, but because the rewards are not rewardable enough. Apart from the infernal cape on elite clues (1/200) and blue ankou pieces (1/333), ring of 3rd age, 3rd age partyhat, 3rd age halloween mask and 3rd age santa hat (all 1/500) the rewards of the clue caskets are basically useless and not worthy enough.

On a hard clue casket you have a chance of 1/480 to get a 3rd age pieces with the melee body and legs being the most expensive (about 100k ish at maximum, 50 vote points). To give another example a 3rd age druidic robe top from the elite casket is a 1/1760 change and has an esstimated worth of 112.5k. Why the hell would you do clues if theres a 1/1760 chance to get 100k?

The sollution

By removing 3rd age pieces from the vote store and completely wiping all the 3rd age items from the game (this has been done before with different items, average worth could be given back to players in pk points) the 3rd age pieces, that should be something unique and have a nostalgic feeling to me, would be worth way more and you will rarely see players walking around in a nice 3rd age outfit. Let's be honest; the only way you would wear those armour pieces is to flex, right? ;) 

Obviously the vote store would need new items to be added to the store. I'd like to ask you guys to think with me and throw some suggestions in a comment under this thread. By revamping the vote store we could make it look fresh again and maybe give players a different way to obtain certain items, resources or whatever. Also the wilderness clue scrolls would be worth doing again which results in a bigger variation of content you could play as a player, a more active wilderness etc.

Most of the items in the store are completely useless, to start with the rainbow partyhat and the blue partyhat & specs. These stuff should be moved to the Castle-war store for way less points than average price. and the following items related to 3rd age should be added there as well. Hence could shine a light spot on the minigame incase anybody wanted these items and felt like it's easier to if just spent minigame points. That'll be fair and spotted in the right place. Infenral should be buffed a little bit and increase it's price up to 1000 votes and wipe them clearly off the map for a bit. Make it more challenging to obtain such item.

14 hours ago, Chef said:

Most of the items in the store are completely useless, to start with the rainbow partyhat and the blue partyhat & specs. These stuff should be moved to the Castle-war store for way less points than average price. and the following items related to 3rd age should be added there as well. Hence could shine a light spot on the minigame incase anybody wanted these items and felt like it's easier to if just spent minigame points. That'll be fair and spotted in the right place. Infenral should be buffed a little bit and increase it's price up to 1000 votes and wipe them clearly off the map for a bit. Make it more challenging to obtain such item.

Why should they be moved to the castle wars store? It would basically be moving items from shop to shop. Vote points and minigame points are both tradable so it isn't going to solve any 'problems'. 🤔

12 hours ago, Knasterd said:

Why should they be moved to the castle wars store? It would basically be moving items from shop to shop. Vote points and minigame points are both tradable so it isn't going to solve any 'problems'. 🤔

Votes are more valuable to the server while minigames are worthless. Moving them would make a use for MGP and will help CW become more active since these items are cool and some of them are required for clues.

Edited by Chef
34 minutes ago, Chef said:

Aren't you a cocky motherfucker? NIGGER. Votes are more valuable to the server while minigames are freaking worthless. Moving them would make a use for MGP and will help CW become more active since these items are cool and some of them are required for clues. Use your tiny brain and figure this out, don't quote me next time with a bullshit response.

The way you're replying to my comment basically reflects who has the tiny little brain here. I have no exact numbers but I can tell you that there are tons and tons of minigame points in the game. You would have to reset all MGP from the game and still will people sell their items that are currently in the MGP store back to the store to gain quick MGP and avoid castle wars. Only if you would reset all those items aswell it might brings castle wars back to life. But then I would still rather see wildy clues being worth doing over castle wars. Why the hate speech btw?

Edited by Knasterd
1 hour ago, Knasterd said:

The way you're replying to my comment basically reflects who has the tiny little brain here. I have no exact numbers but I can tell you that there are tons and tons of minigame points in the game. You would have to reset all MGP from the game and still will people sell their items that are currently in the MGP store back to the store to gain quick MGP and avoid castle wars. Only if you would reset all those items aswell it might brings castle wars back to life. But then I would still rather see wildy clues being worth doing over castle wars. Why the hate speech btw?

Maybe it should reset due making castle wars back to roatz, the minigames are fun and would gather clans to compete against each others if possible at a safe zone while everybody benefit from it and have such a cool time dominating rsps in other aspects than wilderness itself. as it occurs to be dead overtime. an update must be done and new stuff must be added to increase it's activity. for instance if you add korasi, many players would want to try spec and run etc. if you add torva same thing. but it'll only dominate and remain undefeated. I think there must be a new event if you all are looking for upgrading the wilderness to another level and I might have the solution for that. But minigames should be alive as well and make more content to the server. so everybody gets to do whatever the hell they please. If you wanna skill do it, pvm w,e. etc.. Cw is good for ppl and will help the server as long others benefiting properly from it and having such a good moment. Pest control as well. for void and such.. as you claim the vote store should be definitely revamped and add some extra stuff that's related to the wilderness and clue scroll matters. (korasi-torva-hand cannon-dwarf cannon-pernix-vertix(if possible) etc... there's plenty of ideas to implement. But most likely every suggestion in going into the trash can.

Edited by Chef
On 12/5/2021 at 5:32 PM, Knasterd said:

Current vote store

The "issue"

The sollution

I like the idea of 3rd age being rarer, but clues are already worth it.

A Master clue is worth around 100k constantly, Every clue except masters is dead content unless ur opening the caskets urself.

Maybe since votes are getting cheaper and less valuable just increase the prices of the 3rd age to make them a rarer.

9 hours ago, Its Ted said:

I like the idea of 3rd age being rarer, but clues are already worth it.

A Master clue is worth around 100k constantly, Every clue except masters is dead content unless ur opening the caskets urself.

Maybe since votes are getting cheaper and less valuable just increase the prices of the 3rd age to make them a rarer.

I might be very unlucky but my average on master clues is below 25k so far

image.png.1257eaad4692ca92e40dafae0697ab4e.png

6 hours ago, VALENCE said:

I like all these suggestions, 3rd Age items would be dope to put in clue scrolls making them more rare and therefore sought after. Maybe then it would be worth even buying 3rd Age items 😄

Also why did Chef go off for no reason ^^ l0l

Glad you like the suggestions. Do you have any idea's for items to replace 3rd age items with in the vote store?

And idk why he did reply like that. He seems to be triggered because I am critical and think about what others say.

image.png.f0980e18782f60542f5c183fe08d77b7.png

two*

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Knasterd said:

I might be very unlucky but my average on master clues is below 25k so far

image.png.1257eaad4692ca92e40dafae0697ab4e.png

Glad you like the suggestions. Do you have any idea's for items to replace 3rd age items with in the vote store?

And idk why he did reply like that. He seems to be triggered because I am critical and think about what others say.

image.png.f0980e18782f60542f5c183fe08d77b7.png

two*

You have opened 19 caskets,

If you open enough to get blue ankou and 3rd age rares the value evens out.

But when I was referencing 100k, I meant the price they are traded at.

• 1 month later...

Hey good job and thanks @Staff! 

None of you bothered to take a look at this suggestion thread and if you did, none bothered to respond

What are you guys busy doing if you can't take a minute and respond? 

Also, I agree voting is absolutely useless at this point. If you look at other servers you are compelled to vote. 

Roatpkz, you vote because GP is so hard to come by and I will take the useless 250 pkp vote box reward alongside the 1 (Lmao) vote ticket that comes as no real reward. 

500 tickets is an insane amount for something like an infernal. Let me spend 250 days worth of consistent voting on an item that 40% of the server SHOULD have. 

Edited by Parks06
  • Upvote 1
On 12/6/2021 at 4:32 AM, Knasterd said:

Current vote store

The "issue"

The sollution

I can't believe i missed this thread. This is an amazing idea that has been proposed and in my opinion should be implemented into the game as I understand where you're coming from. The only question I got left is, how do you finish a task requiring 3rd age items if they've been wiped from the game and no one has it yet. The only viable option would be a skip scroll and I dont know about that. It could actually make things more interesting to be honest. Nonetheless, I really like this idea and hopefully we get to see something relative to this thread in the 2 upcoming updates.

I'll be editing this thread if I have any ideas of what should go into the vote shop as a replacement. 

10 hours ago, Ex0tic said:

I can't believe i missed this thread. This is an amazing idea that has been proposed and in my opinion should be implemented into the game as I understand where you're coming from. The only question I got left is, how do you finish a task requiring 3rd age items if they've been wiped from the game and no one has it yet. The only viable option would be a skip scroll and I dont know about that. It could actually make things more interesting to be honest. Nonetheless, I really like this idea and hopefully we get to see something relative to this thread in the 2 upcoming updates.

I'll be editing this thread if I have any ideas of what should go into the vote shop as a replacement. 

Either skip the task or wait till there are more pieces in-game if there aren't any (for sale) yet. In my opinion there's nothing wrong with a task that requires value (or a friend with value ;)). It also makes the pieces give even more worth since it has a more valuable perspective. If the task is too common perhaps it could be made less common since I understand the average player would not be able to afford all pieces without selling their items.

Edited by Knasterd