Interesting Idea

59 minutes ago, Visigoth said:

Wouldn't work. If someone borrows an ely goes pking in the wild (its a pk server so mostly wild content/locations) and they skull and get pked the person is not gonna get the ely if pked and smited thus killing motivation to pk

Then he would be in dept and the more he waits the more he pays. Speaking here about 10 minutes loan the item would be automatically protected to prevent such complications and only allowed to use for clues.

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Then he would be in dept and the more he waits the more he pays. Speaking here about 10 minutes loan the item would be automatically protected to prevent such complications and only allowed to use for clues.

Interesting but I feel like most people would just quit or not login again if debt was a thing. If automatically protected tho people could be fooled into someone risking in edge and in reality they arent risking for risk fights.

1 minute ago, Visigoth said:

Interesting but I feel like most people would just quit or not login again if debt was a thing. If automatically protected tho people could be fooled into someone risking in edge and in reality they arent risking for risk fights.

Your input is appreciated truly, but as i've said only clue items are allowed maybe just master clues items and you borrow them for money maybe overprice it and if you cant afford you cant get it and if you try to run away with it you simply overpriced the item and the economy would benefit from it.

1 hour ago, Chef said:

Your input is appreciated truly, but as i've said only clue items are allowed maybe just master clues items and you borrow them for money maybe overprice it and if you cant afford you cant get it and if you try to run away with it you simply overpriced the item and the economy would benefit from it.

"If you can't afford you can't get it"

Gretar's response: "then just buy it"

Pretty easy reason to not spend all the effort it would take to add that in

• Upvote 1

If you let the game borrow you the items for clue scrolls then there's no reason to need items for clue scrolls. Removing required items would basically be the same. Having to grind for your items or find people that may be able to help you out to get a step further is the challenge behind the clue scrolls. As mentioned before, it's also going to be hard to setup a system where you cannot lose the borrowed items. If you would still be able to lose it you would have to work with debts and that's just not what you want because it's 100% going to cost you players and a lot of people abusing the system.

You guys make a fair point, But the point is when people are broke and only can afford one item they can keep supplying them selves instead of buying an item worth of 45k for example and having to sell it to get to the next step, then they suddenly need the same item again, That'll devastate players and make them think of a escape route instead of going forward, Although it's what makes them hard but would be supportive to their feelings if they just could do that and make them enjoy the server more instead of...

I hope i made my point Don't make me come here again ;)

1 hour ago, Chef said:

You guys make a fair point, But the point is when people are broke and only can afford one item they can keep supplying them selves instead of buying an item worth of 45k for example and having to sell it to get to the next step, then they suddenly need the same item again, That'll devastate players and make them think of a escape route instead of going forward, Although it's what makes them hard but would be supportive to their feelings if they just could do that and make them enjoy the server more instead of...

I hope i made my point Don't make me come here again ;)

I get your point but your point is no better than the cons. That's the whole challenge if we talk about clue scrolls, right? Find the locations, get the statistics and the items needed. What's next, boosting skills by x-amount of levels? And then make teleport options 3 tiles away from all steps? It just doesn't bring in enough benefits in comparison with the cons and 'QoL' updates like these kinda burn down the 'long-term content'. But I appreciate your empathy for the community! :) 

Edited by Knasterd
  • 7 months later...
On 1/19/2022 at 2:17 AM, Visigoth said:

What i meant is

the system would retrive the item as soon any player wants to log out or away for a time but the new solution for this is to go tp and buy an item for a price between u and the npc and then get 10% less of ur money back cuz if u cant afford all the clue items so u can guarantee some money back to buy other items but each time it goes 10% less back to u, u might end up with 0 but at least u finished ur clue scrolls then made some money back 🙏