Is your 25% increased drop rate really 25%?

out of pure curiosity I did a quick math. I was thinking first if every drop was boosted with the same rate, it certainly can´t be any improvement. If there is a certain number of items that could be dropped from a monster even 100% boosted drop rate doesnt do anything really unless the ratio number changes among the items. Think about it that way. If there is a chance 50/50 for either hot/cold red/black whatever you gamblers are up to, increasing 10% chance to both of them would be pointless. Its still 50/50. In the attached picture we can see the improvement from basic droprate to 25% from different view.  I am sorry for my simple english as its not my first language especially im sorry to some mathematicians about some expressions i might have made. 

25proce.png

Edited by Im Hot Irl
  • Upvote 3
  • Im Hot Irl changed the title to Is your 25% increased drop rate really 25%?

Support. Basically, it's the same drop rate only rounded down and the rounding down applies to all drops so nothing really changes, maybe something very miniscule depending on the numbers after the decimal point. A further in depth explanation on this, if there is one, would be great.

Edited by Ex0tic
  • Wow 1
  • 2 months later...
On 1/20/2022 at 9:31 PM, Im Hot Irl said:

out of pure curiosity I did a quick math. I was thinking first if every drop was boosted with the same rate, it certainly can´t be any improvement. If there is a certain number of items that could be dropped from a monster even 100% boosted drop rate doesnt do anything really unless the ratio number changes among the items. Think about it that way. If there is a chance 50/50 for either hot/cold red/black whatever you gamblers are up to, increasing 10% chance to both of them would be pointless. Its still 50/50. In the attached picture we can see the improvement from basic droprate to 25% from different view.  I am sorry for my simple english as its not my first language especially im sorry to some mathematicians about some expressions i might have made. 

25proce.png

On 1/20/2022 at 10:03 PM, Ex0tic said:

Support. Basically, it's the same drop rate only rounded down and the rounding down applies to all drops so nothing really changes, maybe something very miniscule depending on the numbers after the decimal point. A further in depth explanation on this, if there is one, would be great.

The numbers being displayed on your droptable interface have no decimal points in them, they are all int's If the droprate is increased by 25% the math calculation would be *= 1.25 (since a decimal point is used in this calculation I would see no reason for the code to be rounded down when deciding your loot from a monster)

Also you stated that because all the drops have been increased by 25% then it becomes pointless because they all go up the same amount.

Yes you are right if all loots were 25% more likely and you only get 1 / 1 Loot each time then it would make no difference,

Unless gretar has spent a lot of time developing weighted distribution for each of the loots ( which I do doubt , would love to be corrected if im wrong )

then I believe the loots work as follows:

Roll at chance for pet 1/750 [if yes thats ur loot]

roll at chance for ely (1/2750) ... [if yes thats ur loot]

... and so on, and the items that are 100% droprate are probably all in one list, if you get to the end of the droptable and no rares were found then you will get a random item from the standard loot.

So.. Yeah, it does help having 25% more chance to get the loot.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Its Ted said:

The numbers being displayed on your droptable interface have no decimal points in them, they are all int's If the droprate is increased by 25% the math calculation would be *= 1.25 (since a decimal point is used in this calculation I would see no reason for the code to be rounded down when deciding your loot from a monster)

Also you stated that because all the drops have been increased by 25% then it becomes pointless because they all go up the same amount.

Yes you are right if all loots were 25% more likely and you only get 1 / 1 Loot each time then it would make no difference,

Unless gretar has spent a lot of time developing weighted distribution for each of the loots ( which I do doubt , would love to be corrected if im wrong )

then I believe the loots work as follows:

Roll at chance for pet 1/750 [if yes thats ur loot]

roll at chance for ely (1/2750) ... [if yes thats ur loot]

... and so on, and the items that are 100% droprate are probably all in one list, if you get to the end of the droptable and no rares were found then you will get a random item from the standard loot.

So.. Yeah, it does help having 25% more chance to get the loot.

Hmm... this sort of makes sense . Thanks for your input.🧠

Edited by Ex0tic
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1