New Gamemode: Hardcore PvP - Monster Hiscores - Starter Kits & More!

Gretar

4 hours ago, Gretar said:

UPDATE GOES LIVE: THURSDAY 10. FEBRUARY - 23:00 SERVER TIME!
(click here for countdown)

image.png

Roat Pkz Updates!
Hello fellas, today we have some very exciting things to share! We're going to be implementing some new game modes along with Starter Kits + new monster hiscores! This new game mode also sets up the base to implement other game modes such as Ironman, Hardcore Ironman, Ultimate Ironman, Group Ironman, Hardcore Group Ironman.

MODICONS 187.png

Hardcore PvP Game Mode!
Hardcore PvP is the first unique game mode to Roat Pkz! This game mode is for the ultimate PKer - You only have ONE life! There are a few rules for this game mode which I will list below. Once you die your account transforms into a normal player and you can continue playing.

* YOU ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE *
* YOU ARE ALWAYS SKULLED *
* YOU CAN NOT USE PROTECT ITEM PRAYER *
* YOU CAN NOT JOIN CLAN CHATS *

(You can still trade/gamble like the normal game mode)
Thanks to @Smackd for the game mode idea.

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 09.07.08.png

You can spot Harcore PvP Players based on their unique skull - which is always visible

image.png Hardcore PvP Release Rewards (1,125M OSRS)
- First Three Players To 50 KS: 50M OSRS (ea)
- First Three Players To 100 KS: 75M OSRS (ea)

- First Three Players To 250 KS: 100M OSRS (ea)
- First Two Players To 500 KS: 125M OSRS (ea)
- First Player To 1,000 KS: 200M OSRS (ea)
 one player can win multiple rewards - any cheating will make you disqualified - all kills will be checked before awarding

Screenshot_2022-01-09_at_06.48.46.png

New 100+ Killstreak Skull!
Every player that reaches a 100+ Killstreak can now stand our from the rest with a unique Gold Skull!

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 09.24.24.png

New Starter Kits + Items!
You can now select from SIX unique Starter Kits when creating a new account - these kits will help every new player get started. The kits usually contain around 5K PKP worth of items that you can keep along with a Starter Abyssal Tentacle (1,000 hits) + Starter Armadyl Godsword (50 hits).

The starter kits are capped at 2 claims per month, per IP & Computer. Any abuse will result in a ban.

image.png
Hiscores Revamped (Monster Kills Added)!
Hiscores have been rewritten back from scratch to allow for multiple game modes and more unique rankings. We've now added Hardcore PvP Game Mode to hiscores along with all Monster Kills hiscores.

😎 Thank you for reading, a lot of dope updates on the way! 😎

Amazing update, hopefully many more new game modes to come. 

However, I would advise to have final copies of announcements / updates to be read over and edited.

4 hours ago, Gretar said:

Every player that reaches a 100+ Killstreak can now stand our from the rest with a unique Gold Skull!

Can now stand out^ from the rest.

Nonetheless, cool update and I'm pretty sure the player base is excited for more . :D

• Haha 2

-finally understood one clan system doesn't work

-rewards are osrs so likely won't be paid out like usual just propaganda for activity

-monster hiscores likely introduced as a result of wild inactivity as an attempt to make dieing server a pvm server?

-a staff member is gonna win the rewards

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Visigoth said:

-rewards are osrs so likely won't be paid out like usual just propaganda for activity

-monster hiscores likely introduced as a result of wild inactivity as an attempt to make dieing server a pvm server?

image.png

• Upvote 1

Keen to see where this goes though. I like this first gamemode being announced, however I doubt it will be challenging enough for the majority of RoatPkz. The only difference with this mode and your main account is get a high killstreak, when you die you make a new hardcore account. Most players will try it out this thursday but when they die (perhaps a few times) they'll just hop back to their main account since not dying is the only difference. There's no extra rewards, achievements or whatsoever. It only limits you in your gameplay.

Edited by Knasterd
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Knasterd said:

Keen to see where this goes though. I like this first gamemode being announced, however I doubt it will be challenging enough for the majority of RoatPkz. The only difference with this mode and your main account is get a high killstreak, when you die you make a new hardcore account. Most players will try it out this thursday but when they die (perhaps a few times) they'll just hop back to their main account since not dying is the only difference. There's no extra rewards, achievements or whatsoever. It only limits you in your gameplay.

That’s subjective.

someone makes an Ironman, an Ironman getting an abyssal whip drop is an achievement for an Ironman, a pker sees a 600 kill streak as their own achievement. 

Sometimes you play things for fun not everything needs a reason to be played if it’s enjoyable, also based on what the mode presents its very high risk which might be a thrill to really good pkers.

18 minutes ago, Smackd said:

That’s subjective.

someone makes an Ironman, an Ironman getting an abyssal whip drop is an achievement for an Ironman, a pker sees a 600 kill streak as their own achievement. 

Sometimes you play things for fun not everything needs a reason to be played if it’s enjoyable, also based on what the mode presents its very high risk which might be a thrill to really good pkers.

That's true and I understand that, however I think the amount of people continue playing this gamemode will be very small. But that's just an assumption, time will tell. :) 

8 minutes ago, Knasterd said:

That's true and I understand that, however I think the amount of people continue playing this gamemode will be very small. But that's just an assumption, time will tell. :) 

That’s probably true there isn’t too many pkers who will even last long, but whoever does end up playing may enjoy it, it won’t hurt to have in game. 

On 2/7/2022 at 12:16 PM, Gretar said:

UPDATE GOES LIVE: THURSDAY 10. FEBRUARY - 23:00 SERVER TIME!
(click here for countdown)

image.png

Roat Pkz Updates!
Hello fellas, today we have some very exciting things to share! We're going to be implementing some new game modes along with Starter Kits + new monster hiscores! This new game mode also sets up the base to implement other game modes such as Ironman, Hardcore Ironman, Ultimate Ironman, Group Ironman, Hardcore Group Ironman.

MODICONS 187.png

Hardcore PvP Game Mode!
Hardcore PvP is the first unique game mode to Roat Pkz! This game mode is for the ultimate PKer - You only have ONE life! There are a few rules for this game mode which I will list below. Once you die your account transforms into a normal player and you can continue playing.

* YOU ONLY HAVE ONE LIFE *
* YOU ARE ALWAYS SKULLED *
* YOU CAN NOT USE PROTECT ITEM PRAYER *
* YOU CAN NOT JOIN CLAN CHATS *

(You can still trade/gamble like the normal game mode)
Thanks to @Smackd for the game mode idea.

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 09.07.08.png

You can spot Harcore PvP Players based on their unique skull - which is always visible

image.png Hardcore PvP Release Rewards (1,125M OSRS)
- First Three Players To 50 KS: 50M OSRS (ea)
- First Three Players To 100 KS: 75M OSRS (ea)

- First Three Players To 250 KS: 100M OSRS (ea)
- First Two Players To 500 KS: 125M OSRS (ea)
- First Player To 1,000 KS: 200M OSRS (ea)
 one player can win multiple rewards - any cheating will make you disqualified - all kills will be checked before awarding

Screenshot 2022-02-07 at 09.24.24.png

New Starter Kits + Items!
You can now select from SIX unique Starter Kits when creating a new account - these kits will help every new player get started. The kits usually contain around 5K PKP worth of items that you can keep along with a Starter Abyssal Tentacle (1,000 hits) + Starter Armadyl Godsword (50 hits).

The starter kits are capped at 2 claims per month, per IP & Computer. Any abuse will result in a ban.

image.png
Hiscores Revamped (Monster Kills Added)!
Hiscores have been rewritten back from scratch to allow for multiple game modes and more unique rankings. We've now added Hardcore PvP Game Mode to hiscores along with all Monster Kills hiscores.

😎 Thank you for reading, a lot of dope updates on the way! 😎

bro not even tryna be that guy right now, but wheres my mod/admin status at this point on roat like what the fuck

fuck an update give me my position

Edited by 3AT 99 ALL
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2022 at 2:32 AM, Visigoth said:

Cry more

Dont play this shit they dont pay for competition...
FIRST PAYOUT RAID COMPETITION ;)

On 2/8/2022 at 4:32 AM, Visigoth said:

SO Agree

5 hours ago, Angelucifer said:

Dont play this shit they dont pay for competition...
FIRST PAYOUT RAID COMPETITION ;)

SO Agree

Everyone I’m aware of has been paid for the Raid competition - if you achieved any of them and haven’t been paid - DM me on Discord Gretar#0001.

I had someone complain that he should get paid for things he didn’t complete because “no one will catch me and I will get it either way so just pay me now”, which we obviously wont - perhaps that’s where that rumor stems from.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Gretar said:

Everyone I’m aware of has been paid for the Raid competition - if you achieved any of them and haven’t been paid - DM me on Discord Gretar#0001.

I had someone complain that he should get paid for things he didn’t complete because “no one will catch me and I will get it either way so just pay me now”, which we obviously wont - perhaps that’s where that rumor stems from.

where's my veteran rank on forums? 

I personally don’t think trading should of been enabled to add a bit of authenticity and legitimacy to the person who wins this. Isn’t content I would partake in mainly because I’m shit at pking, but I think this mode should of had the “restrictions” within it polled. I don’t like that you can instantly trade max gear to one of these accounts. Still a unique, and new concept that is nice to see.

i also think this should of been used sort of like how the clan cup is, as a seasonal mode with maybe less kill requirements and lasting a few months with the rewards being decided at an “end” date with the top 3 performers being rewarded.

TL;DR: nice and unique, but seems rushed and implemented without critical thinking

Edited by Sinister

On 2/8/2022 at 6:20 AM, Smackd said:

@Smackd what would you know about playing for fun? 

On 2/7/2022 at 2:32 PM, Smackd said:

Smackd does it again

@Smackd @Gretar Don't kid yourself lel, prolly took the idea from me resetting my KDR so much back in the old days of Roat trying to hold such a big streak with 0 deaths. Not to mention that it doesn't matter if you can join a clan chat or not people will sit in discord calls teaming anyway lel....

51 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I personally don’t think trading should of been enabled to add a bit of authenticity and legitimacy to the person who wins this. Isn’t content I would partake in mainly because I’m shit at pking, but I think this mode should of had the “restrictions” within it polled. I don’t like that you can instantly trade max gear to one of these accounts. Still a unique, and new concept that is nice to see.

The no trading would have made this much more unique and more challenging plus it would have leveled the playing field for everyone so it was a true competition for anyone walking into the server to play this. There are too many people that can just hook max gear to the account to farm a streak.  @Gretar @Smackd @Sinister

Edited by Sly

3 hours ago, Sly said:

@Smackd what would you know about playing for fun? 

@Smackd @Gretar Don't kid yourself lel, prolly took the idea from me resetting my KDR so much back in the old days of Roat trying to hold such a big streak with 0 deaths. Not to mention that it doesn't matter if you can join a clan chat or not people will sit in discord calls teaming anyway lel....

The no trading would have made this much more unique and more challenging plus it would have leveled the playing field for everyone so it was a true competition for anyone walking into the server to play this. There are too many people that can just hook max gear to the account to farm a streak.  @Gretar @Smackd @Sinister

moron didnt read

On 2/7/2022 at 7:32 PM, Visigoth said:

Yet you still play this dying server? Cries for updates a update is out and still cries lol.

47 minutes ago, O n i b l a said:

we dont need this crap , we need new items.

realistically the only thing roat is missing is nex items. Relax young one

@GRETAR I DM U INVITED TO HELP ME REACH 500KC TRIO... https://prnt.sc/26lckyh HOW TO REACH 500KC NO1 DOING RAIDS 500KC+ N0 TBOW OF PRAYER SCROLL DROP RATES SHIT , COMPETITTION DATE END .... SPENDED SO MANY TIME FOR NOTHING... 
COme play my server first who train combat 127cmb get 10b osrs gp ;) nice logic???? nice competition, nice payout ;DDDD lier..... need to create video about it ;)

4 hours ago, Angelucifer said:

HOW TO REACH 500KC NO1 DOING RAIDS 500KC+ N0 TBOW OF PRAYER SCROLL DROP RATES SHIT , COMPETITTION DATE END .... SPENDED SO MANY TIME FOR NOTHING... 

The big boy drops = #rigged, the current staff does not believe in RNG.

You're almost better off doing Slayer for more consistent money or at the very least for something much more relaxing than playing tick for tick in raids...

• 2 weeks later...