Forums

Mike

Someone care to tell me why these forums are so dead? Legit at this point the best thing to do is just remove the whole forums. There is no activity and honestly when I scroll through unread content/topics it takes me back to posts from February, there’s literally a month or two in between the latest post and the one before that.

Opinions please. @Tupac @Sinister

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Mike said:

Someone care to tell me why these forums are so dead? Legit at this point the best thing to do is just remove the whole forums. There is no activity and honestly when I scroll through unread content/topics it takes me back to posts from February, there’s literally a month or two in between the latest post and the one before that.

It’s true compared to some other servers, their forums make look ours dead they even have a special forum mod. 

Aldo this forum is dead i still think it serves a purpose.

For example: 

the guides

(all guides i’ve read are mostly written before 2021 but are still very usefull to new players)

The detailed updates

Correct me if i’m wrong but, as i can see Gretar gives the community a detailed update once or twice every 3 months on average. Knowing what he made and that there are future updates gives hope that the he still has a lot on his mind to work on the servers potential.

like he ended his last thread with “alot of dope updates on the way” 

The real problem here is how the forum is being promoted, - the fastest help provided is not in-game nor on forums but on discord.

in my opinion for

1. Giveaways by our youtube rankers.

Instead of a direct redirect to youtube. it should be required to leave youtube comment and like but also a comment on our forums by the participants(maybe for a increased chance or permanent requirement). 
By “forcing them” some might actually stick around on the forums.

2. More tactical forum staff interaction for the community.

The staff should do a “special” ::forums giveaway. So the community will also find it’s way and purpose to our beloved forums.

there are a lot of variations to promote this servers forum. And also to attract individuals who are only interested in forum debates.

i do not know if the management team would find this important enough to work on. 

But a active forum, would make the forum geeks like us very happy @Mike 

11 hours ago, Mike said:

People still use forums for guides and posting youtube videos. But I agree there is a need to incentivise the use of forums.

Discord has kind of killed forums in this day and age but even roat discord is pretty much a graveyard. Needs to be some sort of incentive to use them, a reward for top monthly poster/topic of the month etc. forum itself is also kind of dull and boring. A lot could be done. The issue is reviving the forum doesn’t make Gretar money, and therefore is not a priority, and there’s no one he can trust to do the job for him. 

Edited by Sinister
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

Discord has kind of killed forums in this day and age but even roat discord is pretty much a graveyard. Needs to be some sort of incentive to use them, a reward for top monthly poster/topic of the month etc. forum itself is also kind of dull and boring. A lot could be done. The issue is reviving the forum doesn’t make Gretar money, and therefore is not a priority, and there’s no one he can trust to do the job for him. 

Yeah 100% sure about that, it has been going downhill since we got a discord server. Can’t blame anyone tho, perhaps some changes have been made by Gretar and it looks like he ain’t going back from those. 

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

no big deal guys its always been like this

Edited by Chef

On 3/13/2022 at 9:53 AM, VPC said:

The real problem here is how the forum is being promoted, - the fastest help provided is not in-game nor on forums but on discord.

in my opinion for

1. Giveaways by our youtube rankers.

Instead of a direct redirect to youtube. it should be required to leave youtube comment and like but also a comment on our forums by the participants(maybe for a increased chance or permanent requirement). 
By “forcing them” some might actually stick around on the forums.

2. More tactical forum staff interaction for the community.

The main reason you have to like and comment on videos on Youtube is to increase involvement which results in better findability and other SEO-reasons. You could add a requirement to comment on a forum thread aswell but it would only flood the video section with spam-related replies. I don't think  it would increase the activity on the forums apart from that certain section. If there's no motiviation/willingness to use the forums they're not gonna use it.

Edited by Knasterd

• 5 months later...
On 3/13/2022 at 1:26 AM, Mike said:

Gekke mike je leeft nog steeds