What is RoatPkz missing?

What do you guys think RoatPkz is missing that could make it either:

A more popular server
A more enjoyable server to play

I don’t play anymore but what do you think it is that gives servers like VennyWild and others like them a slight edge over RoatPkz in recent years player wise.

If there’s nothing to add do you think there’s content that’s stale and could be reworked/removed. 

it’s very easy to scapegoat and blame @Gretar because he run things, but let’s be constructive.  Genuinely let me know what you think needs to change. 

You never know, things might just improve if we get some reliable insight :D

Edited by Sinister
  • Upvote 1
  • Hmmm 1
3 minutes ago, Ex0tic said:

Sinister did say dont scapegoat Gretar...

Roat Pkz revolves around Gretar when he only has the power to change things. Need to address the fact.

On another note more interaction from staff than hpevents would be great. Whenever there's a HP event it bursts with activity for a bit. Maybe another form of event that only mods/streamers can do.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Agswarrior42 said:

Roat Pkz revolves around Gretar when he only has the power to change things. Need to address the fact.

On another note more interaction from staff than hpevents would be great. Whenever there's a HP event it bursts with activity for a bit. Maybe another form of event that only mods/streamers can do.

I agree.

• Upvote 1

Hey, One big thing I noticed when coming here in 2018 roughly was that it was a great pking server, Heavily sided on wilderness events and skills (slayer).I played RS from 07-EOC (2012) release, Near max combat and highly skilled members account for years. I had basically 0 PK kills and the same for defensive tactics, I was a PVM/skilling meat shield. I jumped into the RSPS world when EOC came out, I played multiple servers only staying a short wile it seemed. I might even have been here :) . Once i finally found a server that suited me , The server went through three full resets stats/history/banks wile I was there. I maxed multiple accounts each reset , also a few 4b/5b xp accounts. Fast forward to 2018, I had been a server intern/support team member during the last reset and continued into the next. I had everything I wanted in game/needed to skill or mostly PVM at that point, I got interested in watching a lot of pking videos and commentaries witch ended up landing me here! I got my first 500 PVP kills here on a laptop with out a mouse (using laptops touch pad) and no F keys, Deaths were by the dozen 😛 . My main server at the time was dying down, 300 people in its prime and 100 or so wile i was on staff. I got into coding basics for RSPS  and using templates to learn more, with the dream of making a server that was a cross of both. Until recently iv only been on Roats since 2018. Iv found  iv been looking for a more safe zone / PVM environment.

Big Things I'd like to see

1.  Introduce more safe zone slayer tasks / add the npcs. (less points and no emblem chance etc...)
  2. GWD This should be ^^ for me , If bandos/armadly armour were removed from shops and the addition of even the two "Armadyl / Bandos" Bosses + minons were added in correct formation with possibly a reduced KC for entering the boss room for LEGENDARY>EXT>SUPER>REG>Non donor
  3. My hopes would be that we can draw another community our way that would filter into both the PKing/ newly added PVM based server to not diminish the current PKing/ Wilderness we have!
  4. NEX is always a thought with endless routes , Nex gear could be the next/ only deep wildy armour above Bandos/Armadyl . Keeping stat/vesta/ gear for 10 - wildly 
  5. The addition of the herblore skill would add reqs to the max cape as well as the option to make a new max combat potion ( overloads, extremes) Maybe use overloads for PVM/not wildy and upgrade the extreme pots for PVP .
  6. Adding slayer drops such as skilling supplies ( grimy herbs, seeds/ add farming, rune ess/ add runecrafting) This would make the need for high ranking Pkers that want the max cape pay for such items or grind out the PVM requirements to achieve the max cape/ more rounded server

Just a bit of my RSPS history and some things id enjoy / seen in other servers.

• Upvote 2

In Honestly, and In My opinion, i do think.

#1 To based on gambling

#2 To based on Irl Sales and trades...

#3 To much clan stuff, litterly no single+ Monsters/Fights/Content, it's all about being in a big multi bot cc... 

#4 gretar doesnt interact a lot with the community, seems really passive and Arrogant  - from the outside, as a reg player..

^- Also it feels like he Ignores all Sorta Suggestions... because some of the high payers or irl friend tell him thats bad because they dont like it for whatever reason instead of listen to the community and maybe poll it and see for himself... or investigate it a little more... i do assume he got some kinda Rs knowledge and know whats healthy and not...

#5 I do know this is a pvp server but based on many other servers we barely have any Pvm Content... compared to many other places and not least os...

#6 Gretar keep make weird moves on items to change prices, and make people with lots of bank go to shit...  because we kinda just move from 1 era to another like meta is 1k, 100k,1m... never ending cycle..

#7 by all means and respect, not all staff members are that respectful, or helpful, i know people are toxic around pvp servers... its like a part of pkers... but when staff members call players by name, or talk to them in a very disrespectful, it only makes me imagine how the owner of the top who allows it and the general foundation of the server....

#8 A lot of times we lack latest items and new updates ( Zaryte items loc ?) which makes people move elsewhere...

#9 Staff members always talk about how busy gretar is... Yet we rarely as in Very Rarely ever see a Update, With the money he makes of this... i honestly think he should be a little more Adult, And take little more care of his business 

-- All in all i dont Blame gretar, just point out my pointa views, which Mostly Reflects back on him...

• Upvote 2

In Honestly, and In My opinion, i do think.

#1 To based on gambling

I agree to some extent. Not much that can be done about that though imo as once someone starts gambling it’s very hard to stop gambling. I’ve suggested an NPC that you trade your items to so they can become untradeable however that brings us to your 2nd point.

#2 To based on Irl Sales and trades...

Not really.

#3 To much clan stuff, litterly no single+ Monsters/Fights/Content, it's all about being in a big multi bot cc... 

Clan size has reduced to 50, plenty of room for other , more active clans to come in as I can assure you the biggest clans are literally not even 30 ranked members a most times. Purge ( the biggest multi cc) has less than 5 ranked members at times. Literally today. Donator zone is singles+ and I like the way everything is now imo.

#4 gretar doesnt interact a lot with the community, seems really passive and Arrogant  - from the outside, as a reg player..

^- Also it feels like he Ignores all Sorta Suggestions... because some of the high payers or irl friend tell him thats bad because they dont like it for whatever reason instead of listen to the community and maybe poll it and see for himself... or investigate it a little more... i do assume he got some kinda Rs knowledge and know whats healthy and not...

Gretar’s a cool dude doing his best to try and provide much needed updates . Although, I do think another developer is needed imo.

#5 I do know this is a pvp server but based on many other servers we barely have any Pvm Content... compared to many other places and not least os...

Coming soon lad.

#6 Gretar keep make weird moves on items to change prices, and make people with lots of bank go to shit...  because we kinda just move from 1 era to another like meta is 1k, 100k,1m... never ending cycle..

Most of it is preparation for the coming pvm updates.

#7 by all means and respect, not all staff members are that respectful, or helpful, i know people are toxic around pvp servers... its like a part of pkers... but when staff members call players by name, or talk to them in a very disrespectful, it only makes me imagine how the owner of the top who allows it and the general foundation of the server....

I agree to this too, to some extent because why should staff be treated any differently than a normal player ? If a normal player is allowed to name call and what not why shouldn’t I be allowed to do it back ? Yes we’re staff , role models , etc. but we’re also human treat us like such and there should be no problems.

#8 A lot of times we lack latest items and new updates ( Zaryte items loc ?) which makes people move elsewhere...

Agreed

#9 Staff members always talk about how busy gretar is... Yet we rarely as in Very Rarely ever see a Update, With the money he makes of this... i honestly think he should be a little more Adult, And take little more care of his business 

No comment.

-- All in all i dont Blame gretar, just point out my pointa views, which Mostly Reflects back on him...

Thanks for taking the time out to actually let us know how you feel. There’s a staff feedback thread which I’d also be keen on your insights in regards to staff members. There’s also a giveaway incentive if you’re interested. 100k ea for the top 3 feedback. Thanks again. 

@aard

Hey, One big thing I noticed when coming here in 2018 roughly was that it was a great pking server, Heavily sided on wilderness events and skills (slayer).I played RS from 07-EOC (2012) release, Near max combat and highly skilled members account for years. I had basically 0 PK kills and the same for defensive tactics, I was a PVM/skilling meat shield. I jumped into the RSPS world when EOC came out, I played multiple servers only staying a short wile it seemed. I might even have been here  . Once i finally found a server that suited me , The server went through three full resets stats/history/banks wile I was there. I maxed multiple accounts each reset , also a few 4b/5b xp accounts. Fast forward to 2018, I had been a server intern/support team member during the last reset and continued into the next. I had everything I wanted in game/needed to skill or mostly PVM at that point, I got interested in watching a lot of pking videos and commentaries witch ended up landing me here! I got my first 500 PVP kills here on a laptop with out a mouse (using laptops touch pad) and no F keys, Deaths were by the dozen  . My main server at the time was dying down, 300 people in its prime and 100 or so wile i was on staff. I got into coding basics for RSPS  and using templates to learn more, with the dream of making a server that was a cross of both. Until recently iv only been on Roats since 2018. Iv found  iv been looking for a more safe zone / PVM environment.

Big Things I'd like to see

Introduce more safe zone slayer tasks / add the npcs. (less points and no emblem chance etc...)

Disagree , slayer cave is plenty safe. Under 30 Wildy = insta tells if not afk. 

GWD This should be ^^ for me , If bandos/armadly armour were removed from shops and the addition of even the two "Armadyl / Bandos" Bosses + minons were added in correct formation with possibly a reduced KC for entering the boss room for LEGENDARY>EXT>SUPER>REG>Non donor

Support.

My hopes would be that we can draw another community our way that would filter into both the PKing/ newly added PVM based server to not diminish the current PKing/ Wilderness we have!

Hopefully , I do believe safe slayer would takeaway from this do.

NEX is always a thought with endless routes , Nex gear could be the next/ only deep wildy armour above Bandos/Armadyl . Keeping stat/vesta/ gear for 10 - wildly 

Support.

The addition of the herblore skill would add reqs to the max cape as well as the option to make a new max combat potion ( overloads, extremes) Maybe use overloads for PVM/not wildy and upgrade the extreme pots for PVP .

Very nicely said.

Adding slayer drops such as skilling supplies ( grimy herbs, seeds/ add farming, rune ess/ add runecrafting) This would make the need for high ranking Pkers that want the max cape pay for such items or grind out the PVM requirements to achieve the max cape/ more rounded server

I think a herblore store would be more suitable. 

Just a bit of my RSPS history and some things id enjoy / seen in other servers.

Thanks for the input :D. @pills 4 arms

Edited by Ex0tic
  • Upvote 2
On 4/6/2022 at 4:02 AM, Agswarrior42 said:

What interactions from staff would the players like to see? Personally, I'd like to see a way for mods and admins to make minigame events more popular.

Multiple things that are code-related: the rest of the skills, polishing current skills, adding more bosses. Current skilling isn't varied enough and there's a lot of OSRS bosses that still aren't on Roat after years.

Being stricter on toxicity may push away some of the current community but would help in retaining some players. Racism aimed towards Muslims/Middle Easterners/Black people/Venezuelans is pretty rampant and pushes people away. Saying don't be sensitive/ignore list doesn't fix the problem because they don't want to play a server where people are saying those things, even if they can hide it.

Adding certain things that may not pass a poll but would arguably improve the game. Items such as Korasi would see backlash but add more variety to edge pking and better the state of pking in the long run.

Roat actually catches and punishes RWTers which pushes certain groups to other games to make IRL money.

That being said, Roat is still very active, especially when you compare it's stats to the stats a year ago (based on the numbers I have access to).

• 9 months later...
On 4/7/2022 at 4:10 PM, Fruitiest said:

What interactions from staff would the players like to see? Personally, I'd like to see a way for mods and admins to make minigame events more popular.

i believe in that S mod/mod should be able to start a tournament for streamers sometimes when they want to host a tournament admin is not around