Advertisements taking over yell chat

More than half of the chat box at any given time is filled up with clan advertisements. Can we figure out another alternative to advertising like the recruitment board? Can barely read or hold a conversation without 10 messages about joining some new cc that will only be open for a week.

Rule #14: Spamming

Players of the Roat Pkz community are not allowed to continuously spam yell or normal chat box. Players may do 1 buying or selling yell per minute. However, every 3 seconds in normal chat at home is permitted (use our autochat feature). This rule also applies for yells and auto-chats such as clan recruitment, which also must be once per minute, per clan or 1 person per teleport spot - so if another clan member has just advertised, all members of that clan must wait at least a minute before yelling to recruit again.

There is a rule to limit the amount of spamming already but of course most people don't read them, and it's not strictly enforced either. The best thing you can do right now is individually add serial spammers to your ignore list, unless of course you want to turn off yell completely. 

I suppose there could be a programmable solution such as an imposed timer (eg 5 sec per yell for legendary, 10 sec for extreme, etc.) Or some sort of automatic yell cooldown system if you overuse it in a given period. 

9 hours ago, Knasterd said:

There is a clan recruitment board so there is a sollution. I think advertising over yell shouldn't be completely forbidden but I must say that it's indeed quite spammy right now.

My clan ( just myself) always has that recruitment board locked down doesn't seem like any other clans try and bid to get their names on there.

I agree it shouldn't be totally forbidden however like others said the cooldown timer or something should be in affect. Less than peak time or late at night its just too congested and super annoying trying to hold conversations as a group. Sadly some of the spammers are people I like to talk to as well but there should be something implemented. Especially since a lot of these clans close within a week and then new ones open with some cliche name again.

20 hours ago, core i7 said:

My clan ( just myself) always has that recruitment board locked down doesn't seem like any other clans try and bid to get their names on there.

I agree it shouldn't be totally forbidden however like others said the cooldown timer or something should be in affect. Less than peak time or late at night its just too congested and super annoying trying to hold conversations as a group. Sadly some of the spammers are people I like to talk to as well but there should be something implemented. Especially since a lot of these clans close within a week and then new ones open with some cliche name again.

Nobody uses that recruitment board lol.