An attempt to fix Pure Pking.

Gretar

cbf6564e810cdc5d603b0c949024e014.png

Pure Pking!

I have now made it so you must have similar defence levels to fight your opponent in the wilderness,
this is only in effect for players with a combat level of 80 - 100 in 1-4 wilderness.

For example, at level 1 wilderness you can only attack players with a 20 defence level difference, this difference goes up by 10 levels every wilderness level you go up until you hit level 5, then everyone can fight everyone!

Please tell me if this update can be improved or should be reverted!

• Upvote 6

the update is good cos it stops 1def pkers getting ragged but as the #1 pure pker i always went for bandos pkers cos they were only 50 hp

and when i used to void range pk i rushed bandos and dh pures 1 specing them was like farming, most of time they died from hitting high on ur veng

rip my rushing days :| :/ tbh i get why this was implemented in the game cause i dont like getting rushed while im a 1def pure but on the other hand i fucking love rushing its just what i do i think the better thing would've been to just add another ::zone for this but whatever 

Edited by rawrdatank

1 hour ago, rawrdatank said:

i do i think the better thing would've been to just add another ::zone for this but whatever 

1 hour ago, Monkeyking said:

pure vs voiders wasn't that bad tbh.

1 hour ago, Ahmash said:

the update is good cos it stops 1def pkers getting ragged but as the #1 pure pker i always went for bandos pkers cos they were only 50 hp

and when i used to void range pk i rushed bandos and dh pures 1 specing them was like farming, most of time they died from hitting high on ur veng

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

Just as many negatives as positives imo, i don't pure PK though so guess we will see

1 hour ago, Ahmash said:

Following on from what he said, my suggestion is to make this a one-sided fix. Example a high def person around 90 combat wouldn't be able to attack a 1 def pure, BUT 1 def CAN attack higher def people in their combat level range. Why would they do that? Well just for variety I guess, and sometimes I like a challenge, Bandos/Barrows nubs aren't that hard when you consider they have lowered HP and can even be one-hitted sometimes. Plus when I make a tanker I always ask 1-def pures instead of rushing and I even allow them to use overhead protection to balance things out. So in my opinion this wasn't a huge issue, it's discrimination against people who have defence: Gretar is DEFENCIST!! :D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Game Support said:

Following on from what he said, my suggestion is to make this a one-sided fix. Example a high def person around 90 combat wouldn't be able to attack a 1 def pure, BUT 1 def CAN attack higher def people in their combat level range. Why would they do that? Well just for variety I guess, and sometimes I like a challenge, Bandos/Barrows nubs aren't that hard when you consider they have lowered HP and can even be one-hitted sometimes. Plus when I make a tanker I always ask 1-def pures instead of rushing and I even allow them to use overhead protection to balance things out. So in my opinion this wasn't a huge issue, it's discrimination against people who have defence: Gretar is DEFENCIST!! :D

If they did this they idoswell just take the update away all together. Wouldn't be fair for 1 def pures to be able to rush bandos, but they can't rush 1 def pures. Better off this way or back to normal, not inbetween.

11 minutes ago, Monkeyking said:

If they did this they idoswell just take the update away all together. Wouldn't be fair for 1 def pures to be able to rush bandos, but they can't rush 1 def pures. Better off this way or back to normal, not inbetween.

Well not really, it's a lot harder to rush tanks because their built to take hits whereas a pure is not so it is actually fair. I've never heard a tank ever complain a pure rushed him, even the really low hp Dh' guys don't get mad because they get that you can't have high everything, a sacrifice needs to be made somewhere to obtain that combat level. If anything, the only thing unfair here is the combat calculation and how it can be exploited in order to create these types of setups in the first place. But that's the RS we know and love, the only thing that can change it is something like the EoC combat where I heard 1 defence is useless (*not verified since I don't play it or give two shits).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Zeykler said:

Rip ::varrock :/

Yep. I think the wilderness defence restriction should only apply near Edgeville, NOT Varrock. Makes for more variety in team Pking when you can mix up your stats and have different guys on your team who can use diff gear.

• Upvote 1