world suggestion

We had a second world before and it didn't work out too good. We'll probably not bring it back, this is because eco based servers require a lot more maintenance and time dedicated to working on more in-game functions. Our current source is focused on PVP and doesn't have many eco-based features, so we'd have to spend a lot of time building in and dedicating ourselves to this, and as a result neglecting our focus on making the main server better.  

If we ever did bring back a second world, it would probably be for mini-games and other misc. things.

We had a second world before and it didn't work out too good. We'll probably not bring it back, this is because eco based servers require a lot more maintenance and time dedicated to working on more in-game functions. Our current source is focused on PVP and doesn't have many eco-based features, so we'd have to spend a lot of time building in and dedicating ourselves to this, and as a result neglecting our focus on making the main server better.  

If we ever did bring back a second world, it would probably be for mini-games and other misc. things.

well fuck

I agree eco-based servers do require a lot of maintenance but you could always bring in a new team to purely focus on that world - It would boost player count.

I say no cus I want it focused on pking. If you want something like that go to a different server.

The idea is to keep the players from moving else where and also bringing in more players. 

Edited by Zoradz

I agree eco-based servers do require a lot of maintenance but you could always bring in a new team to purely focus on that world - It would boost player count.

The idea is to keep the players from moving else where and also bringing in more players. 

Yeah could bring 2fanbases in and bring more players!

have you met Gretar? He doesn't waste his money like that lol.

Failed very badly when there was an eco world. Might succeed a bit more now, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Honestly, they should release a simple one nothing too fancy, and just update it along the way maybe every week/2 weeks with a lot of updates and as someone suggested two teams of developers. It's all about the hype, as we get an influx of players from the voting that's back up gradually announce the new project that's being worked on. Make a thread of what players want to see on it (Preferably on a Friday), hell even recruit beta testers to work out bugs. As of right now I don't think we have enough players or dedicated focus to share between two worlds, just in my opinion. 

Edited by Castial
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, they should release a simple one nothing to fancy, and just update it along the way maybe every week/2 weeks with a lot of updates and as someone suggested two teams of developers. It's all about the hype, as we get an influx of players from the voting that's back up gradually announce the new project that's being worked on. Make a thread of what players want to see on it (Preferably on a Friday), hell even recruit beta testers to work out bugs. As of right now I don't think we have enough players or dedicated focus to share between two worlds, just in my opinion. 

Exactly what I was saying - For now it just needs to be a basic source, get a new developer in to solely work on that source & to look after it. 

You're right though, we currently don't have the player population.

Edited by Zoradz

Honestly, they should release a simple one nothing too fancy, and just update it along the way maybe every week/2 weeks with a lot of updates and as someone suggested two teams of developers. It's all about the hype, as we get an influx of players from the voting that's back up gradually announce the new project that's being worked on. Make a thread of what players want to see on it (Preferably on a Friday), hell even recruit beta testers to work out bugs. As of right now I don't think we have enough players or dedicated focus to share between two worlds, just in my opinion. 

It was a simple source. There was no updates. It had a little hype at first but died down because it wasn't good at all.

If it's gonna happen, it won't happen any time soon. I wouldn't have any hope for it at all though.

It was a simple source. There was no updates. It had a little hype at first but died down because it wasn't good at all.

If it's gonna happen, it won't happen any time soon. I wouldn't have any hope for it at all though.

Well that's to be expected if it's not updated, the hype can only carry you so far. Consistency in work drive and upheld enthusiastic behaviors from the players and developers will make it prosper. Perhaps something never done before for this project? bring in developers for free right in your own backyard, of course only Gretar/Alex would have the server files and could update. Players could make and modify snippets, and test it on their time to see if it compiles custom tailored to this 317 or whatever source they choose. Before it's accepted the player would submit his or her idea and the community would vote on it. Then when the most popular suggestions are selected, it's a race for the fastest and most efficient developer. 

No cost, minimal time wasted by Alex and Gretar and the the finished product is enjoyed by all. 

Edited by Castial

Well there's the problem. No updates, no hype and no backing. 

bring in developers for free right in your own backyard, of course only Gretar/Alex would have the server files and could update. Players could make and modify snippets, and test it on their time to see if it compiles custom tailored to this 317 or whatever source they choose. Before it's accepted the player would submit his or her idea and the community would vote on it. Then when the most popular suggestions are selected, it's a race for the fastest and most efficient developer. 

No cost, minimal time wasted by Alex and Gretar and the the finished product is enjoyed by all. 

I like what you're getting at but I don't think that would work. A developer or two (preferably from here like you said) should be in charge with lots of community input. With enough backing it could work and not be a disaster. 

Well there's the problem. No updates, no hype and no backing. 

I like what you're getting at but I don't think that would work. A developer or two (preferably from here like you said) should be in charge with lots of community input. With enough backing it could work and not be a disaster. 

Well this is still Roatzpkz, hence world 2 would be affiliated and that's just too much trust to place in the hands of home based members. That kind of trust only Gretar would give to staff that he trusts immensely like Yoobs takes cares of forums. Or, friends and family, my point is I don't think it should be entirely left up to the players, the majority of it should be however. 

Edited by Castial