Cannot get a good Download

I have deleted all my client versions cant find any cache folders ect in C: or anything.. None of the download formats are working for me.. Just stays on the lil rectangle saying getting latest client version..

And now when i try to launch that exe file it just automatically closes.

And now for some odd reason i cant download the jar file... FML I give up.

Hmm.. No, I refuse to give up so easily on this. From your description it appears to be a problem on your end with the Launcher (which basically just checks for updates before loading the client - this is usually a waste of time since updates are rare!) I say "on your end" because I completely removed RoatPkz - all the files - and downloaded a fresh copy and it loads up perfectly.  This issue could be cause by so many things, it could be AV software blocking it, it could be your Java settings etc. Can you load RS or other RSPS, or any Java applet at all for that matter?

Also, please try this as a temp. fix, hopefully it will work. If we try loading the client without checking for updates it just might fire up the client. It would mean you'd have to manually update each time until the problem is solved. So I'm going to provide you with 2 files viz:

1) http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00239131900617243131  (19.3mb)

The cache which you must extract and then place in your home drive - normally located at: C:\Users\YourName (assuming Windows is insalled on "C:") so that the path looks like this: C:\Users\YourName\roatpkzv5\Data folder and cache. (If this folder already exists, delete it and replace with this one)

2) http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=70882787509217055947  (320kb)

The actual jarred client which you open to play the game. You can place this file on the desktop, or wherever is convenient for you.

Please report back with progress. (Also pls note: all files I've offered above are 100% un-edited official RoatPkz files which are normally auto-downloaded by the Launcher). 

Edited by Game Support II
upload links
  • Upvote 1
11 hours ago, I pk all dey said:

I have deleted all my client versions cant find any cache folders ect in C: or anything.. None of the download formats are working for me.. Just stays on the lil rectangle saying getting latest client version..

And now when i try to launch that exe file it just automatically closes.

And now for some odd reason i cant download the jar file... FML I give up.

You mean this lil' rectange right? What else can it be?

61defacb1b7bdfac672acbb4c9d5c50e.png

20 minutes ago, Sinister said:

He's trying to tell you his Java can't open Jar files morons.

The above pic is using Java, as denoted by the "coffee-cup" logo it utilises. So the Jar file IS opening, however the Launcher is failing for some reason and refuses to open the client.

That's like saying "Windows can't open Exe files moron", look I clicked OSBuddy and the lil rectangle opens but the RS client never loads! (It does load ofc but just giving example)

10b698bb19ff265056f78dfca430b2f5.png

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Sinister said:

Then if he was literate and could follow the guides he just has to remove his local roatpkz files and reload the client.

Not going to argue anymore with you except for one thing: if you was literate you would have seen that he already tried that and it didn't change anything. If the Launcher cannot connect to the update server then it's irrelevant whether or not he has the cache because in order to check versions it needs to compare his current files with what the latest ones should be. However it can't read what the latest ones are, and therein lies the problem (I think). We will have a more accurate idea if he follows my above attempts to bypass the update check.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Sinister said:

His client files are outdated so it's not reaching the new server where the auto updating system is located as he's still trying to connect to the old version. If he removes his roatpkzv5 local files it will be solved, he just doesn't know how.

You're the last person capable to question my level of literacy. 

Nerd fighttttr!!!!!

• 1 year later...