DDS SPEC

This topic prompted me to write this guide... 

However, it is based solely on the new dummies and not verses any players. Already people are reporting to me some inaccuracies, for instance somebody claimed they were hit 48 with a Granite Maul by someone wearing D'hide, whereas according to those dummies, it should not be possible to hit that high - even in maxed gear.

Maybe a combat bug still exists? For instance I remember in the past it was possible to do Godsword to Maul spec, where the Maul would use some of the strength power of the GS because the switch was too quick for the server to handle?!? :S

• Upvote 1

I've hit multi 48s with the maul recently. PK Guy tbh I don't know what happened I'm still née to pking really so my switches are still slow and whatnot. Maybe those test dummies are inaccurate?  

With that setup I can max 73 and I've one hit 70s on some zerks. Then the max dds spec for me is like 38. I've hit 40s. 

With my void setup it says I can hit 46s. I've hit 49s easy. Who knows.  

15 minutes ago, Dropstar said:

I've hit multi 48s with the maul recently. PK Guy tbh I don't know what happened I'm still née to pking really so my switches are still slow and whatnot. Maybe those test dummies are inaccurate?  

With that setup I can max 73 and I've one hit 70s on some zerks. Then the max dds spec for me is like 38. I've hit 40s. 

With my void setup it says I can hit 46s. I've hit 49s easy. Who knows.  

Thanks for the info, I will probably do some thorough PvP max hit testing at some point and compare my results to those from the dummies. (Obviously I will release my findings to the forum).

In the mean time, I spoke to Ahmash regarding this to see what he knows (my RPkz knowledge base) and he tells me that Gretar never truly fixed the GS-to-Maul glitch, all he did was cap the max hit of the maul to 48 so you couldn't do something ridiculous like 50+ Maul hits as was the case in the past. Although how much of this is truth and how much is speculation, I couldn't tell you!

Keep up the carnage :) 

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

Thanks for the info, I will probably do some thorough PvP max hit testing at some point and compare my results to those from the dummies. (Obviously I will release my findings to the forum).

In the mean time, I spoke to Ahmash regarding this to see what he knows (my RPkz knowledge base) and he tells me that Gretar never truly fixed the GS-to-Maul glitch, all he did was cap the max hit of the maul to 48 so you couldn't do something ridiculous like 50+ Maul hits as was the case in the past. Although how much of this is truth and how much is speculation, I couldn't tell you!

Keep up the carnage :) 

Let me know if you need help or me as test etc. I don't mind I'm on all the time.