New Staff / Promotions

Pedro

lots of people have been debating whether the last few promotions (me, Zoradz) have been good promotions. personally I think promotions should be based largely off respect people have on the forums/in-game, as well as their 'presence' 

I think promoting people who have been around for no time at all and who carry no sense of respect or notoriety even is just dumb because people don't respect them

An example of this is obviously Zoradz. Its strange even though hes staff I don't think hes gained enough respect to even warn some of the people on these forums, its just like a joke, as if a student is trying to teach something to the teacher. 

I have nothing against Zoradz I just think the fundamental politics of this server (there are undoubtedly politics on this server) are not in his favour.

Whats the point in promoting people who have not made a name for themselves on this server. Nobody will take them seriously at all.

pce.

I'll give my 2 cents about this since I did suggest Zoradz (although it ultimately wasn't my decision and I was speculating that it led to him being promoted).

Yes, Zoradz is new, especially compared to a lot of the players who use the forums, but I took notice of him, no not because he's Australian, but because he wasn't one to call anyone out, he's calm, civilised, doesn't seem to have any issues with anybody and seemed capable of moderating a forum. He also seemed to know more than I do, which did climb into my mind. Just because he's new though doesn't mean he can't do a good job. Yes I see your point with the respect thing, and while I do agree with it, Yoobs was (sort of) similar to this though. Yoobs was new, not many people agreed with his promotion (myself included), yet he stuck with it and didn't get intimidated. He pulled through, and look where the prickle is now. "Global admin" (fuck is this, isn't that just a normal admin, oh well idk). People like him (although there is a few events every now and then) and he's not really ridiculed by anyone. I'm not saying Zoradz is gonna be the next Yoobs, but it's worth taking that into account (although most will probably disagree). I think he's good for the position, obviously some people don't agree with it. (Don't get me wrong, I was a little bit surprised that Zoradz got it too lol, I just put him out there if they wanted another person for forum-mod.)

As for you Pedro, I have nothing against you, I think you're a cool dude. I just was a bit surprised that you got the position because of previous events and the flame you've put out in the past. I'm not saying a guy can't change, just surprised that you got it. I can see you doing well. You've got a big voice (albeit not among the WHOLE server) and have very good ideas to help improve the server (donator dungeon idea). I don't log in much in-game so I can't really comment on your in-game activity, but if that's active enough, then I can see you going further. As for now though, I'm a wee bit skeptical of it. Hope it works out well though.

• Upvote 1

i'm not on the forums enough to really give a shit but harleys right, i never had even heard of my boy yoobs until he got promoted (i didnt agree with it because i didnt know who the fuck he was). yoobs has turned out to be a fine staff member and hopefully the same can be said for zoradz (although i dont know what hes done atm because i rarely use the forums).

i'm not on the forums enough to really give a shit but harleys right, i never had even heard of my boy yoobs until he got promoted (i didnt agree with it because i didnt know who the fuck he was). yoobs has turned out to be a fine staff member and hopefully the same can be said for zoradz (although i dont know what hes done atm because i rarely use the forums).

Preach, homie.

lots of people have been debating whether the last few promotions (me, Zoradz) have been good promotions. personally I think promotions should be based largely off respect people have on the forums/in-game, as well as their 'presence' 

I think promoting people who have been around for no time at all and who carry no sense of respect or notoriety even is just dumb because people don't respect them

An example of this is obviously Zoradz. Its strange even though hes staff I don't think hes gained enough respect to even warn some of the people on these forums, its just like a joke, as if a student is trying to teach something to the teacher. 

I have nothing against Zoradz I just think the fundamental politics of this server (there are undoubtedly politics on this server) are not in his favour.

Whats the point in promoting people who have not made a name for themselves on this server. Nobody will take them seriously at all.

pce.

I agree with you that someones presence should play a vital role, and the respect people garner is based off on the continued presence. Basically your argument is you don't know him, therefore he's not qualified to give out warnings to older members or infractions because people don't take him seriously.

I think simple logic, and competence in understanding Roatpkz forum rules, with the addition of guidance from old staff members such as (Harley), would undoubtedly cover that merit he's lacking as you say, and would eventually gain him respect since practice makes perfect. Overall people don't have to take him serious for him to be effective. His sole job is to keep peace, and dish out punishments if said peace is disturbed. 

One point you failed to make which would make your overall argument a lot better, was that he does not understand the intricacies of the community relationships.

There's a fine line between understanding playful joking, or "playful joking" wrapped in masked pettiness, I think what got Zoradz noticed other than Harley advocating him, was that he offers a fresh new perspective.

He seems intelligent, he seems competent, and another very important part my Australian friend here does not take part in flame wars like many of the "respected" people here as you say. 

Edited by Castial

As for you Pedro, I have nothing against you, I think you're a cool dude. I just was a bit surprised that you got the position because of previous events and the flame you've put out in the past. I'm not saying a guy can't change, just surprised that you got it. I can see you doing well. You've got a big voice (albeit not among the WHOLE server) and have very good ideas to help improve the server (donator dungeon idea). I don't log in much in-game so I can't really comment on your in-game activity, but if that's active enough, then I can see you going further. As for now though, I'm a wee bit skeptical of it. Hope it works out well though.

just because i've made lots of people almost kill themselves it doesnt mean im not a beautiful soul and wonderful compassionate person ............

• Upvote 2

just because i've made lots of people almost kill themselves it doesnt mean im not a beautiful soul and wonderful compassionate person ............

That's the thing though lmao. That sentence shouldn't even have to be said.

Like I said, I hope it works out, but for now, I'll keep quiet (after that post anyway).

Its extremely hard for us to find people to be staff in this community because of the sheer amount of idiots to be blunt. It takes a long time to find an actual active and useful person that would be deemed staff material so we are trying to branch out into different "kinds" of staff such as Pedro who has flamed a lot in the past and broken a lot of rules but is a respectable and useful member of the community that was given a chance. The worst staff role to fill is the forums moderator as not much people will do it and there is an extremely small percentage of people that will do it and actually be helpful. Zoradz promotions different even though he is slighter newer to the community he still got given a chance which was the same as my promotion was, i was new to the community and found it extremely difficult to be involved with the community with the sheer amount of flame you are given at the start which was 10x worst than it is now adays. Players don't give you a chance to prove yourself as a staff member and it can be very hard and very difficult with the amount of flame you are given, its extremely hard to find the balance between being too harsh and being too nice. I'd rather the community just be nice once and let Zoradz get use to the community and how it is run and what the players are like before he is judged for his actions, i have spoken to him already about what has been going on and he will be following that advice hopefully. I agree with promotions being based off respect and activity but when you are trying to find staff you cant always look for highly respected players because there isnt many. I was never taken seriously at the start and found it extremely hard to "fit in" but look at me now, mans is a big boy admin. Sometimes you have to give people chances you wouldn't necessarily give chances and hope a positive result comes out of this. As long as you can survive the first few months of flame and disrespect there normally going to make it.

• Upvote 3

Its extremely hard for us to find people to be staff in this community because of the sheer amount of idiots to be blunt. It takes a long time to find an actual active and useful person that would be deemed staff material so we are trying to branch out into different "kinds" of staff such as Pedro who has flamed a lot in the past and broken a lot of rules but is a respectable and useful member of the community that was given a chance. The worst staff role to fill is the forums moderator as not much people will do it and there is an extremely small percentage of people that will do it and actually be helpful. Zoradz promotions different even though he is slighter newer to the community he still got given a chance which was the same as my promotion was, i was new to the community and found it extremely difficult to be involved with the community with the sheer amount of flame you are given at the start which was 10x worst than it is now adays. Players don't give you a chance to prove yourself as a staff member and it can be very hard and very difficult with the amount of flame you are given, its extremely hard to find the balance between being too harsh and being too nice. I'd rather the community just be nice once and let Zoradz get use to the community and how it is run and what the players are like before he is judged for his actions, i have spoken to him already about what has been going on and he will be following that advice hopefully. I agree with promotions being based off respect and activity but when you are trying to find staff you cant always look for highly respected players because there isnt many. I was never taken seriously at the start and found it extremely hard to "fit in" but look at me now, mans is a big boy admin. Sometimes you have to give people chances you wouldn't necessarily give chances and hope a positive result comes out of this. As long as you can survive the first few months of flame and disrespect there normally going to make it.

Man said it well. Well done.

Very well said.

pce.

you flame everyone, you don't deserve it. It's a game lets not talk about 'respect' on a game... you know how stupid that is? smh. 

• Upvote 1