Veteran

The requirements that are currently in place, old forum registration of 2012 at the very minimum. Meaning 2011-2012. 

The requirements that should be in place. One year and six months of forum registration to the point you request veteran. Besides that criteria, consistent activity, contributing posts and threads, last but not least tolerant towards others. 

Now for some points why this should be the case from an old thread I posted, which again was posted from an old thread I posted on the old forums. 

- Cons -
- Ostracizing other members for never being able to become a veteran, if they did not join at least by 2012. 
- Divides the members, and sets a unnecessary hierarchy from which a scornful culture emerges.
- Undermines the position itself, and belittles those who have it in due time. 
Rather I would want someone who has been active for at least a year and six months, on forums and basically participates in the community. 

I'm going to go over a list of attributes for a veteran that I think should be used. 

- Active for about a year and six months on forums. 
- Not exemplary behavior, however a person who is willing or striving to be tolerant. 
- Continuous involvement, this can be shown by posting on update threads, being active on forum discussions and having stimulating conversations, or just showing that they're participating.  

The requirements that are in place now are fine, the Veteran rank isn't as much a sign of 'Veterancy', but respect and acknowledgement that you have helped the Server since it's earliest days.

Playing for a year and half, in my opinion, just shows you enjoy the game, and isn't really that much of an acolade these days.

I'd honestly hate for like 50 more people to be eligible for the rank, half the people who have it now, have it wrongly.

As you've said I don't know how more than half of the people have gathered enough respect, or acknowledgement to receive veteran. I think it's been established as long as you have proof that you registered in 2012, for you getting veteran is a done deal. Many people have done this already, it's ridiculous hence what I meant by undermining the position. 

If you stick to anything for a year and a half, I think you would be more than a little invested. Especially if you spend money, and hours of your life day after day. Not to mention actually thinking of ways to better the community by suggestions, and debate. 

Yup. 

Support.

Veteran rank should be exclusive, half the people on the forums have it right now lol. 18 Months of registration, being active, contributing suggestions to benefit the server, and being a respected member of the community is the perfect requirement for Vet rank. I don't know why/how most of the Veterans right now received their rank.

I didn't think anyone even wanted veteran anymore considering its a dumb rank with literally no meaning behind it now

That's because it's being given out to anyone LOL.

Edited by Why Gg
typo

Only like a few people have vet rank lol. You people act like its 20+ when in reality its like 4.

4 people have vet rank? LMFAO. 

If there was 4 people with Vet rank why are people suggesting changing the requirements constantly? It's nowhere near 4. More than you think.

Edited by Why Gg

4 people have vet rank? LMFAO. 

If there was 4 people with Vet rank why are people suggesting changing the requirements constantly? It's nowhere near 4. More than you think.

I'm slightly surprised no one knows how to navigate through the forums. 

9 people have it.  

Some of them were like fuck it give it to me without providing proof, some of them didn't have it on the other forums. The majority of them got it through vouchers. 

• Upvote 1

Only like a few people have vet rank lol. You people act like its 20+ when in reality its like 4.

A lot of people have vet rank but just aren't active anymore, half of which haven't even registered for the new forums.

That's why i think it needs changing.

Edited by Ross

I'm slightly surprised no one knows how to navigate through the forums. 

9 people have it.  

Some of them were like fuck it give it to me without providing proof, some of them didn't have it on the other forums. The majority of them got it through vouchers. 

Preach.

And yeah rofl, some didn't even want to provide proof yet they got it LOL.

It's literally a useless rank now, it's legit being given out to random people who have contributed nothing to the community, are nowhere near as active as they should be and frankly don't deserve the rank.

Edited by Why Gg

I say 2 years of activity with consistent activity, consistent input in the community and a large amount of respect garnered from around the community.
18 months is a little too short for me, 24 months is 6 months longer and would be better for limiting the amount of people who can obtain the rank. I'd be open to 2 and a half years as well, with it further limiting the amount of people who have the rank but also retaining its meaning.

If the rank was given to people who had actually contributed to the server (back then or now) in some way or had garnered respect among the players, there wouldn't be so much talk and disagreement with the requirements (my opinion anyway).

I say 2 years of activity with consistent activity, consistent input in the community and a large amount of respect garnered from around the community.
18 months is a little too short for me, 24 months is 6 months longer and would be better for limiting the amount of people who can obtain the rank. I'd be open to 2 and a half years as well, with it further limiting the amount of people who have the rank but also retaining its meaning.

If the rank was given to people who had actually contributed to the server (back then or now) in some way or had garnered respect among the players, there wouldn't be so much talk and disagreement with the requirements (my opinion anyway).

Respect is subjective, someone might have loads of friends on game but when they come on forums they see the same old people continually posting. If it's respected garnered from that then it's not showing an accurate representation. I say look at the other merits that can be observed and not skewed by faulty relationships that were caused by petty strife. As you said consistent activity, consistent input (Suggestions, healthy debate, and being a helpful all around nice guy). 

Respect is subjective, someone might have loads of friends on game but when they come on forums they see the same old people continually posting. If it's respected garnered from that then it's not showing an accurate representation. I say look at the other merits that can be observed and not skewed by faulty relationships that were caused by petty strife. As you said consistent activity, consistent input (Suggestions, healthy debate, and being a helpful all around nice guy). 

I'm talking about respect garnered throughout the entire community, not just throughout a certain group of friends lol. If Gretar respects them himself, then that helps a lot too.

As previously stated, Veteran rank should be kept to a small group of people, lowering it down to just over a year widens that bracket a bit too much.  

I really agree with this. It's not a rank that a lot of people should be able to obtain, hence the requirements.

2 years of activity within the community is not a bad shout but its up to Gretar, the only people that are crying about vet requirements are the ones that cannot get vet. There is certain people who have received veteran without providing proof because they are known veteran members of the community and do not have to provide proof. You are acting like veteran is respected but all it is, is a rank saying that you have played since 2011-2012.

• Upvote 2