Pedro's Donator Dungeon Idea

Donator Dungeon  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see this implemented into RoatPKz?

• Yes
    • No

donator dungeon

This is my idea regarding a donator only "PVM dungeon" where donators (donators only) can go to fight various NPC's in the hopes of receiving a 'donator' item. Obviously, if this suggestion was added it would mean that Donator items that are now spawnable for donators would carry a value. This also means non-donators could use these items for their own use, however they would have to buy the items or PK them from another player. This would promote a more stream-lined and even playing field for new players that are joining the server, as they will not be constantly fighting players that are using vastly superior weapons whilst carrying no risk. 

Super donators could have the ability of teleporting to a 'super-donator dungeon' where items are dropped at a faster rate, or given the ability to spawn a Ring of Wealth (untradable and donator only) style item that increases drop rates from these NPCs in the dungeon.

For the NPCs in the dungeon, I would suggest a NPC similar to those currently at the donator island. The NPC's should be powerful enough to damage the player but should still be easily soloable.

Pros of the dungeon:

• More streamlined server
  • Promotes PVM/alternative activities
  • Promotes high risk PKing
  • Is a donator only teleport, therefore still gives distinct donator benefits
  • Non-donators can use the weapons, meaning there is not a huge donator bias in combat

Cons of the dungeon:

• Means there are slightly less benefits of being a donator

This is just an idea/suggestion so leave your feedback below regarding the idea and vote in the poll after reading the thread. Thanks

Edited by Pedro
  • Upvote 3

Agreed. My idea has been to adjust the pkp store/add a few items and reset all pkp items. Perhaps make ags/bandos pkp and then with Pedros suggestion implemented it would make the eco insanely good. Keep the rares so 'Arabs' are motivated to stay in the duel arena/logged in. Once pkp is regained to half the level it is now the economy would be in such incredible shape

I'm shocked some items even have a value they do now.

I also have a few questions, from 1-10, 1 being a goblin and 10 being nex. How hard will this npc to kill? Because if its too easy then the drop rate has to be increased and if its too low the drop rate has to decrease. 

In my opinion I think the difficulty should be the difficulty of the donator npcs at the donator isle. I know they are really easy, but we have to make it easy because we are taking these free items from the donators.

Addition to suggestion:

1. Make another dungeon and add chaos elemental (will be safe), but will cost 1k points per teleport.

2. Pedro's dungeon should require 100pkp per teleport.

3. Ability to teleport to the npc you want: 

::cls

::crapier

::cmaul

::ely

etc.

I also have a few questions, from 1-10, 1 being a goblin and 10 being nex. How hard will this npc to kill? Because if its too easy then the drop rate has to be increased and if its too low the drop rate has to decrease. 

In my opinion I think the difficulty should be the difficulty of the donator npcs at the donator isle. I know they are really easy, but we have to make it easy because we are taking these free items from the donators.

Addition to suggestion:

1. Make another dungeon and add chaos elemental (will be safe), but will cost 1k points per teleport.

2. Pedro's dungeon should require 100pkp per teleport.

3. Ability to teleport to the npc you want: 

::cls

::crapier

::cmaul

::ely

etc.

Love the pk point idea people wouldn't camp it so quickly but richer people would just get richer and poor people would stay poor.

Love the pk point idea people wouldn't camp it so quickly but richer people would just get richer and poor people would stay poor.

Wouldn't exactly say that is true. 100pkp isn't a significant amount, but a decent amount. A donator can ::vote and receive 100 pk points which would allow him to teleport there. 

I would also like to add that the super donator benefit of ::bank would be a good reason to donate for super donator and this will increases donations.

Edited by Daniel
Grammar errors :(

Wouldn't exactly say that is true. 100pkp isn't a significant amount, but a decent amount. A donator can ::vote and receive 100 pk points which would allow him to teleport there. 

I would also like to add that the super donator benefit of ::bank would be a good reason to donate for super donator and this will increases donations.

Super donators can already use ::bank and you're right you can vote for 100 pk points so forget what i said.

• Upvote 1

Super donators can already use ::bank and you're right you can vote for 100 pk points so forget what i said.

I know super donators can use ::bank, but I'm saying that right now it is a useless command. With the introduction of Pedro's Dungeon it will actually pose a use. 

Also disable spawning over there :D

Pedro with the sick suggestion. Looks good and sounds good. Would love to see some staff feedback, maybe from Gretar and Alex themselves to see what they think.

Edit: The non-donator bit is a bit iffy tho, other than that, all gewds.

Edited by Harley

I love the idea man!

i don't agree with the non donators being able to purchase them. 

I really think non-donators being able to buy them from players or PK them is essential for the wider picture, as I feel it would really even out the current combat imbalance between donators and non-donators. It still allows donators to obtain the items WAY easier than non-donators, and lets them make money off their donator status.

I really think non-donators being able to buy them from players or PK them is essential for the wider picture, as I feel it would really even out the current combat imbalance between donators and non-donators. It still allows donators to obtain the items WAY easier than non-donators, and lets them make money off their donator status.

This didn't even cross my mind at the time of posting my reply, that's a really good point - I'm in support now.

• Yoobs locked this topic