Forums Banners (win $$$)

Yoobs

Hello guys, i'm looking for some neat banners to be created for each forums rank as i originally only made the forums banners temporarily to the current ones and never got around to actually getting some new ones done. Competition will run until 1st of December and prize will be handed out to winner which will be 100k pkp and some items of choice :P

Rank List
Owner
Developer
Global Admin
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forums Moderator
Server Support
Youtuber
Veteran 5 Years
Veteran 3 Years
Super Donator
Donator

global_admin.png.37e26c8096a66f0ad2079a1 (example of banner)

• Upvote 4
14 hours ago, Yoobs said:

Hello guys, i'm looking for some neat banners to be created for each forums rank as i originally only made the forums banners temporarily to the current ones and never got around to actually getting some new ones done. Competition will run until 1st of December and prize will be handed out to winner which will be 100k pkp and some items of choice :P

Rank List
Owner
Developer
Global Admin

Staff Manager
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forums Moderator
Server Support
Youtuber
Veteran 5 Years
Veteran 3 Years
Super Donator
Donator

global_admin.png.37e26c8096a66f0ad2079a1 (example of banner)

You're missing a rank

Edited by Zoradz
  • 2 weeks later...

Lel, did a quick mock-up of a simplistic design with RS elements implemented (and a few extra ranks, looking at you Tom! :p)

5721938f912ef698b521e8ca5578a6ce.png

Can be colored but I think will look shit, but if you want to brighten the place up, will look something like this (needs work):

b3ce3736f6b4951daa5e221b9f847858.png

Meh...

Post yours if you're gonna hate :a7e:

Edited by PK Guy
  • Upvote 4
6 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

Lel, did a quick mock-up of a simplistic design with RS elements implemented (and a few extra ranks, looking at you Tom! :p)

5721938f912ef698b521e8ca5578a6ce.png

Can be colored but I think will look shit, but if you want to brighten the place up, will look something like this (needs work):

b3ce3736f6b4951daa5e221b9f847858.png

Meh...

Post yours if you're gonna hate :a7e:

This isn't the formatting he's wanting I don't think.

http://imgur.com/FfiyxD4

http://imgur.com/F79dqzQ

the second link is just basic design 

the first link is different possibilities. Text color can be changed background can be changed different designs, patterns, colors and even pictures can be back ground to personalize. Shape and size can also be changed I can 100% customize any of these how ever you'd like. Hope you enjoy feel free to leave constructive criticism 

13 hours ago, insane swag said:

the first link is different possibilities. Text color can be changed background can be changed different designs, patterns, colors and even pictures can be back ground to personalize. Shape and size can also be changed I can 100% customize any of these how ever you'd like. Hope you enjoy feel free to leave constructive criticism 

This is literally the exact same as the current banners but they're less appealing and dont have the typical roatpkz bolt white font which is used all over the website - your bog standard arial black front on a multicolour background (including black) making it hard to read the title looks really bad.

Also colour coding for certain things like the global admin - shouldnt be any yellow writing if anything should be white on a blue background to match the current colourings for the crowns. Try another banner design mate (not the 3d ribbon) and try using a bold white font instead.

Edited by Peroni
3 hours ago, Peroni said:

This is literally the exact same as the current banners but they're less appealing and dont have the typical roatpkz bolt white font which is used all over the website - your bog standard arial black front on a multicolour background (including black) making it hard to read the title looks really bad.

Also colour coding for certain things like the global admin - shouldnt be any yellow writing if anything should be white on a blue background to match the current colourings for the crowns. Try another banner design mate (not the 3d ribbon) and try using a bold white font instead.

Like I clearly stated in my post is that these are 100% editable meaning I can change any detail from background to font ect they're examples. I can do a more 1d design it just doesn't look good but I will make a different set today. Thank you for actual feedback.

16 hours ago, insane swag said:

Err it's a very 'interesting' interpretation of banners. In terms of the first banners the backgrounds of the banners just make no sense and seem very random and the text color doesn't match the rank color at all which would look strange and the text is extremely boring and just standard. The second banners are very simplistic which isn't bad but the text isn't very nice and just one straight plain solid background doesn't look very appealing either imo.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Yoobs said:

Err it's a very 'interesting' interpretation of banners. In terms of the first banners the backgrounds of the banners just make no sense and seem very random and the text color doesn't match the rank color at all which would look strange and the text is extremely boring and just standard. The second banners are very simplistic which isn't bad but the text isn't very nice and just one straight plain solid background doesn't look very appealing either imo.

Thanks for your input yoobs.

23 hours ago, insane swag said:

disgusting Microsoft Powerpoint 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, insane swag said:

If it's "dead" why creep the forums? And what do you call what I'm doing?? Practice right?? Lmao never even done it before. You got lots of talk for not having any to show?

Like I said I don't care if anyone likes them tbh "coz" this isn't my job nor is it my life.

Stop arguing with everyone on this post or i will infract you. Pedro made the banner you see on the top left of your screen fyi.

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/28/2017 at 10:39 AM, Umut58 said:

Hope you guys like it :)

If you also have tips for me I would like to hear it :D

For starters, when posting stuff like this please do not add a background because it just makes me puke instantly. The crowns are not scaled well enough u can literally count the pixels in a few of them. I personally like the font it's simple and clean but too much glow on them. The background of the userbars themselves are a no you don't use rectangles with colour shades in a minimalist style(which is what I assume you went for) possibly add a bevel, stroke on the outside of them to make it look less shitty. Personally I dislike the rectangle backgrounds I like the ribbons we have now it's a lot cleaner and simplistic which is what I would prefer.

Removed the images in my quote so it's not taking up 50% of your screen

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3-2-2017 at 10:55 AM, John said:

For starters, when posting stuff like this please do not add a background because it just makes me puke instantly. The crowns are not scaled well enough u can literally count the pixels in a few of them. I personally like the font it's simple and clean but too much glow on them. The background of the userbars themselves are a no you don't use rectangles with colour shades in a minimalist style(which is what I assume you went for) possibly add a bevel, stroke on the outside of them to make it look less shitty. Personally I dislike the rectangle backgrounds I like the ribbons we have now it's a lot cleaner and simplistic which is what I would prefer.

Removed the images in my quote so it's not taking up 50% of your screen

1zptxn4.png

2wltzxc.png

2cf44uo.jpg

How's this V2 @John?

A lot cleaner this time :)

Edited by Umut58

I'm going to end up fixing these forums with some awesome graphics, you just wait and see. The userbar/titles I am seeing on this thread are far too simple for my taste, hoping this is still an active thread.

Will be posting my own forum banners soon.. if not this weekend, stay tuned!

Edited by Donnie
  • 10 months later...