Revive Varrock Pking

xIts

Would you like changes made to revive multi-pking?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like changes made to revive multi-pking?

• Yes
    • No

I, and along with many others I know, love pking at Varrock. That's the whole reason I started playing Roat. I've notice for the past bit that every time I log on there are 0 people ever at varrock. Which is sad to see because I find it the most fun out of all on Roat.

I was thinking if people had some sort of incentive to go there it would fire back up again and be popular as it used to be when I started playing.

A couple of my ideas:

King of the Hill(kind of I guess): 

People would get pkp multiplier based on how long they stand in the area marked as varrock wild. This would be relatively close to the wildy border and would cap at a certain pkp multiplier to avoid abuse. As soon as the player steps out of the wild there multiplier is lost. This would cause them to come back to regain the multiplier and try to take it away from other clans.

Varrock boss

Have a boss spawn at varrock that would have a drop table that looks something like this

ltBDElO.jpg

Just have the boss spawn every once in a while to keep players active in the area.

[edit: now realizing what was supposed to resemble a chest piece looks fking autistic]

Those are my ideas. I know they aren't much but they are just a couple to get the fire started in the revive of varrock pking. If anyone else has an idea or two feel free to leave them below.

Thanks for reading

- Nic

Edited by xIts
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Ahmash said:

support i like these ideas especially the pkp multiplier based on activity

the boss shud drop any item from the pkp store, more expensive items wud be rarer and the boss shud always be there

lol them drawings

Yeah, a bigger drop table would be more of an incentive to go to varrock.

It is clear that I am no artist :) haha

Then you have people camp boss in max gear like c rapier full vesta and serp. I like the idea of reviving any multi pking on the game but I don't know if this is it. Maybe in a deeper Wildy were people can't just tab out from? Also the multiplier should be based on how many kills not time spent jagex tried that with ep...

Edited by insane swag
  • Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, insane swag said:

Then you have people camp boss in max gear like c rapier full vesta and serp. I like the idea of reviving any multi pking on the game but I don't know if this is it. Maybe in a deeper Wildy were people can't just tab out from? Also the multiplier should be based on how many kills not time spent jagex tried that with ep...

I don't know if the people in max gear trying to camp would be an issue because of the clans that will hopefully return/be created will be attacking them causing them to form another group, creating conflict. The boss doesn't have to have a super high spawn rate to revive pking though. Just enough to fire up a couple fights so people will continue to fight.

I can definitely see where you're coming from with the kills for multiplier. I'm not sure if you were meaning killstreaks to decide the multiplier but if that were the case people could get killstreaks in funpk then go to varrock with their skull. Not sure how big of a problem that would be if they just get killed by a clan quickly though.