Botting Osrs

57 minutes ago, Jannabear said:

I'm curious, does botting do more damage to the osrs economy, or does it help it?

Because imagine if there weren't green drag bots, getting 70 prayer, let alone 99, would be fucking expensive as hell.

They seem to fuck over alot of things, while also helping alot of things, thoughts?

True in a way, but think of it this way:

Less green dragon bots - > Less pkers at green dragons - > More people going to green dragons - > More bones

And if more people went there rather than bots, pkers would actually take damage, as bots are scripted to run to like lvl 20 and duel out , they only usually attack when theyre not eating or trying to run / tele. You can fc them though, so yeah. ;p

Botting is a good thing. Computers are much more efficient than humans at certain tasks. Pking? No. Grinding? Yes! Repetitive bullshit is always being automated by smart people across every industry, why not RS, just because Jagex says no. They can't completely prevent it. They have an autochat feature themselves which is essentially a "bot" that types for you anyway. I don't see how you can be for RSPS, and against botting. You're either on Jagex's side or you're not,  why is there a middle ground? In for a penny, in for a pound!

• Upvote 1

I feel like RWT, botting, and staking define runescape. A lot of people in the community use it as a source of money and i don't see why not. You can be at school or whatever with a bot running at blast furnace making you 2m an hour on multiple accounts. You're benefiting your self and someone else in the game who needs your smelted bars, or what ever you're botting.