Special Attack's (Broken?)

s3iman

!!Nobodies opinion is wrong in this post & TL;DR at bottom!!

Me personally i think it's pretty broken as a pure can hit 60+ with an VLS. Don't get me wrong, It's an high tier weapon but for it too deal more than half the HP in an 1v1?

Whenever i go into a fight with somebody the fight itself is around 30 secounds til a minute because of how strong weapons we both equip, and where is the fun in that?

Soo i thought that i should try an little experiment and throughout 30-50+ fights this is what i calculated my percentage too be.

(Look how close the damage of the VLS is too the AGS who is an God tier item.)

be35abb4f2.jpgf48b679ba7.png

VLS:

50% - 35 - 40

30% - 5 - 30

20% -  40 - 60

AGS:

50% - 40 -50

30% - 15-30

20% -  60 - 85

TL;DR - Do you think many weapons are OP/Broken in terms of their weapon tiers & Special attack?

Edited by s3iman

13 hours ago, s3iman said:

!!Nobodies opinion is wrong in this post & TL;DR at bottom!!

Me personally i think it's pretty broken as a pure can hit 60+ with an VLS. Don't get me wrong, It's an high tier weapon but for it too deal more than half the HP in an 1v1?

Whenever i go into a fight with somebody the fight itself is around 30 secounds til a minute because of how strong weapons we both equip, and where is the fun in that?

Soo i thought that i should try an little experiment and throughout 30-50+ fights this is what i calculated my percentage too be.

(Look how close the damage of the VLS is too the AGS who is an God tier item.)

be35abb4f2.jpgf48b679ba7.png

VLS:

50% - 35 - 40

30% - 5 - 30

20% -  40 - 60

AGS:

50% - 40 -50

30% - 15-30

20% -  60 - 85

TL;DR - Do you think many weapons are OP/Broken in terms of their weapon tiers & Special attack?

i agree with this, the combat system is broken as fuck on here. with bridding aswell, people rambo spec on tank but you'll be hitting nonstop 0s on robes. even just mystic. & same with barraging, could be in max mage & splash 5x in a row on tank/mystic robes. has happened to me more times than i can count. lol

On 16.5.2016 at 5:38 PM, Audemars said:

Throw a dfs spec on top of that vls and you've got yourself a godlike amount of damage

Did not think of that at all. just imagine the freaking damage being dealt....

On 17.5.2016 at 1:17 AM, mr e x p said:

ive hit a 71 with vls as a pure

Yeah, not sure if you think thats viable but i think that's hella broken for being a pure.

On 16.5.2016 at 7:19 PM, desert ship said:

Agree 

Good that im not the only one feeling this way :P

On 16.5.2016 at 6:28 PM, Jinzo said:

i agree with this, the combat system is broken as fuck on here. with bridding aswell, people rambo spec on tank but you'll be hitting nonstop 0s on robes. even just mystic. & same with barraging, could be in max mage & splash 5x in a row on tank/mystic robes. has happened to me more times than i can count. lol

Yeah, when you say that i got me thoughts on the granite maul... whenever i try to do a sneaky spec with it i always end up hitting 10's or only 0's seems like there are weapon's/Gear that are buffed too the heaven's  and some that are Nerfed too the ground :/

Nice comparison test, I've always said VLS is excellent value for money and much more reliable than AGS (considering it uses only 25% Spec energy). My preferred item for risk fights. 

At pure level I'm willing to bet DDS is better than AGS, from personal experience, although haven't done any proper testing to provide some data.

The AGS on this server has just let me down so much I've lost faith in it. 

• Upvote 1

On 20.5.2016 at 10:34 AM, Game Support II said:

Nice comparison test, I've always said VLS is excellent value for money and much more reliable than AGS (considering it uses only 25% Spec energy). My preferred item for risk fights. 

At pure level I'm willing to bet DDS is better than AGS, from personal experience, although haven't done any proper testing to provide some data.

The AGS on this server has just let me down so much I've lost faith in it. 

The VLS is a perfect weapon for those who are looking for a more reliable special attack but that doesn't mean the VLS should hit 35 - 40 almost every special as its a VERY reliable weapon. (considering it uses only 25% Spec energy). whilst the AGS have a very high chance of not hitting anything at all, and there is only by my calculation 20% chance too do some serious damaging hits on the enemy, plus it will cost you 5k Pkp to get a weapon that is not reliable at all.

On 20.5.2016 at 1:56 AM, Ahmash said:

the vls is the most reliable spec weapon, for its price its too good and needs to be atleast 1k pkp

the accuracy on ags needs to be increased cos it commonly hits 0 at pure pking

I agree with you 100% on this statement. Why should such a cheap and reliabe weapon do more or have a higher chance of damage dealing than the AGS when 90% of those who have seen or been pking before on runescape know how fatal the godswords themselves are and can be.

I generally choose a vls over an ags just because of how overpowered it currently is. For it's price it has great accuracy with higher end damage, not to mention only 25% spec. It needs it's accuracy decreased along with its increase in pkp. The ags also needs a slight accuracy buff because it constantly disappoints. That's just my two cents.

19 hours ago, Sean Taylor said:

I generally choose a vls over an ags just because of how overpowered it currently is. For it's price it has great accuracy with higher end damage, not to mention only 25% spec. It needs it's accuracy decreased along with its increase in pkp. The ags also needs a slight accuracy buff because it constantly disappoints. That's just my two cents.

Yeah this pretty sums it up in a whole. but there are still other basic "free" weapons like the Whip that does ALOT of damage, just like the free godswords. wouldnt be a shock if somebody hit harder with a BGS basic attack than an AGS spec. but there are ALOT of OP weapons that you can aquire soo easy that should be nerfed soo that killing another player would take "skill". 

Reward the skilled. give the unskilled a reason too git gud.