Source Rework

6 hours ago, Brid Queen said:

I think we should switch to the actual oldschool revisions & there's a lot of reasons why we should.

1. The game would run A LOT smoother even for bad computers
  2. It would be easier to add new genuine content from Oldschool Runescape

Although I agree, why would It 'run A LOT smoother, even for bad computers'?

Just now, Zoradz said:

Although I agree, why would It 'run A LOT smoother, even for bad computers'?

Genuine data is always best to use, it's been worked by Jagex themselves to make it as smooth as possible. Our revisions seems to have a lot of shaders on like every single item. 

If you compare OSRS & RoatPKZ screen by screen u can really notice the difference.

12 minutes ago, Brid Queen said:

Genuine data is always best to use, it's been worked by Jagex themselves to make it as smooth as possible. Our revisions seems to have a lot of shaders on like every single item. 

If you compare OSRS & RoatPKZ screen by screen u can really notice the difference.

Of course you can, and from a developer perspective, it won't make any difference to the loading on your pc. Just FYI.

Just now, Zoradz said:

Of course you can, and from a developer perspective, it won't make any difference to the loading on your pc. Just FYI.

If we're using OSRS data, it would be way simpler to implement new bosses, areas, weapons. Otherwise it would waste the development time by modelling, reworking the items from OSRS to another revision. (OSRS content is simpler to find and buy for the owner).

Speed & smoothness of the game can be effected for slightly better PC's too. People always appreciate this.

For example it's nearly impossible for me to PK @Edge since it's very crowded, shades take more of the CPU but it's very enjoyable for servers with the proper revision) For a developer of course not, for consumers - you may not know how many people play RSPS'es because of the low requirements to run the game even smooth.

Edited by Brid Queen
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Brid Queen said:

If we're using OSRS data, it would be way simpler to implement new bosses, areas, weapons. Otherwise it would waste the development time by modelling, reworking the items from OSRS to another revision. (OSRS content is simpler to find and buy for the owner).

No shit. It's packed in the cache rather than hardcoding, you mean? You realize I'm an ex-dev here, yeah?

Speed & smoothness of the game can be effected for slightly better PC's too. People always appreciate this.

It would be unnoticeable. Minuscule changes if anything. 

For example it's nearly impossible for me to PK @Edge since it's very crowded, shades take more of the CPU but it's very enjoyable for servers with the proper revision) For a developer of course not, for consumers - you may not know how many people play RSPS'es because of the low requirements to run the game even smooth.

The latest data packs will not stop this, sorry.

• Upvote 1

True, but if you're going to use a proper client then you might as well go the whole hog and switch to OS server base too, and re-add all Rpkz content to it, rather than converting the existing one to work with a newer client. It's a lot of work though, probably too much to make it a worth doing

Just now, PK Guy said:

True, but if you're going to use a proper client then you might as well go the whole hog and switch to OS server base too, and re-add all Rpkz content to it, rather than converting the existing one to work with a newer client. It's a lot of work though, probably too much to make it a worth doing

It could be a big job for now, but could save a lot of time in the future if we always want to be consistent with the OSRS updates. The devs should really consider this, think about the long run future