SKILLING ITEM DROPS

The only skilling items not easily available are bars (for smithing). Should be in shops or drops I think. 

I assume you're thinking along the lines of bosses such as Zulrah, which on OSRS drops a lot of skilling items. It would have been worthwhile if supplies weren't in shops but they are, so there isn't a market for them. 

19 hours ago, Ahmash said:

we have supplies in shops for skilling points so there's no need for those items to be dropped by monsters, players who want supplies can buy skilling points from other players

it makes more sense for monsters to just drop PKP instead which is what the skilling items would become anyway

11 hours ago, PK Guy said:

The only skilling items not easily available are bars (for smithing). Should be in shops or drops I think. 

I assume you're thinking along the lines of bosses such as Zulrah, which on OSRS drops a lot of skilling items. It would have been worthwhile if supplies weren't in shops but they are, so there isn't a market for them. 

This would be for wilderness monsters for slayer, so the more items dropped the less room, so its not just pkp which takes up 1 slot

Since Slayer is only trainable in the Wilderness and is already one of the slowest 99's, I think the auto-looting of pure PKP is one of the redeeming features of the skill. 

Having just one spot used for drops is beneficial because it means less trips per task, and more space for food/pots - which will save you from Pk'ers, and even allow you to fight them back. It also means less time wasted selling loot you don't want for PKP you need.

If your whole premise for skilling supplies as drops is for money making purposes, in my opinion it is counter-intuitive to add this to Slayer monsters. 

• Upvote 2

I do not think that these drops should be added to slayer monsters however, bosses like Zulrah, and Chaos Elemental have a very stale drop table. It doesn't seem like a bad idea at all to integrate skilling items into boss drops since most of the droptable is comprised of items that can be bought from the shop anyways, but it's not necessary at all.

Edited by Lowrider