lottery fix

rawrdatank

As everyone might have noticed the lottery does NOT work properly and it isn't random at all. As i look at it right now the only thing that happens is the player that has put in the most pkp wins 100% every time wich basically means if there is a pot of 50k pkp and someone puts in 100k pkp extra in the last minute that person will win the 150k pkp pot so all you guys did was make a 100% guaranteed money making method for players who are already rich as fk. good job..

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, rawrdatank said:

As everyone might have noticed the lottery does NOT work properly and it isn't random at all. As i look at it right now the only thing that happens is the player that has put in the most pkp wins 100% every time wich basically means if there is a pot of 50k pkp and someone puts in 100k pkp extra in the last minute that person will win the 150k pkp pot so all you guys did was make a 100% guaranteed money making method for players who are already rich as fk. good job..

It does work properly. I had 90% chance of winning 20k, someone with 3.7% chance won. Very unlikely but it's a possibility.

How the lottery works, basically: Rich people enter at the very last minute and put a big amount in so that they have at least 80-95% chance of winning. The 5-20% that are left is a SHARED percentage (normally).

I'd never suggest someone poor to enter the lottery. It's basically a gamble for rich people, rich people get richer using this.

I get where u are coming from and you're right but on the other hand i still think its retarded that people with 1-2k bank put everything in there just so a guy with a 50m bank and tons of customs can swipe it away right infront of their nose? they either need to make the lottery completely random no matter what u put in it or they just need to add a max amount every player can add lets say for example the max pkp 1 player could enter would be 5k that would highly reduce the chances for the rich players and the poor ones would still have a pretty good chance of winning. and i highly doubt people who can add 1million pk points into the chest knowing there is still a 5% chance to lose would cry about losing 5k.

Edited by rawrdatank

Just now, 24k said:

The guy with 50m can also lose, but it's very unlikely.

I agree though, lottery should be changed or removed and replaced with dicing.

i fully support dicing aslong as it has a system that lets the item selfhold until the winner is known then it would automatically be transferred to the winner like a chest or something can't trust mm's here

3 hours ago, rawrdatank said:

I get where u are coming from and you're right but on the other hand i still think its retarded that people with 1-2k bank put everything in there just so a guy with a 50m bank and tons of customs can swipe it away right infront of their nose? they either need to make the lottery completely random no matter what u put in it or they just need to add a max amount every player can add lets say for example the max pkp 1 player could enter would be 5k that would highly reduce the chances for the rich players and the poor ones would still have a pretty good chance of winning. and i highly doubt people who can add 1million pk points into the chest knowing there is still a 5% chance to lose would cry about losing 5k.

I don't think it should be changed... You don't add more just to give away more to a random equal chance, you want a better chance of winning

You can't buy 1 powerball ticket and hope for better or equal odds to someone who bought 3 or more

I wanted to make a post regarding this as well. You're absolutely right that this system is... well.. it's dog shit. First of all, despite it's name, I don't class this as a proper lottery! It would more accurately be described as a raffle. Many servers I've played, have similar systems, and just call it a gambling system, which it also is obviously.

To everyone saying this topic is dumb and that putting more in should get you better chance to win, then you're forgetting something. The reason I call it a raffle and not a lottery is because: (a) there is always a guaranteed winner, 100% of the time without fail; (b) there can only ever be one winner, no more, no less; and (c) your chances of winning are directly related to the amount you invest (eg if you added 50% of the pot, you have 50% chance to win it) - nobody spends $500k on the lottery to win $1M though... think about that... so stop comparing it to "powerball" or whatever brand name licenced lottery uses in your country.

Now of course, if there was a cap on the amount you could enter, or if the chances of winning were equal regardless of PKP invested (as suggested), then of course why would anyone put in more than a few PKP? Makes no sense. So it would be better to have a system that accommodates this problem without just helping 'the rich get richer.'

On the plus side, the rich don't always get richer, particularly if they are bad at maths. Prime example is this player investing millions into the pot:
http://i.imgur.com/CKU9NY9.png  Profit made = -806.2k pkp

http://i.imgur.com/oEKOJuE.png Profit made = -277.7k pkp

Because the game calculates the contribution to two decimal places, my input of a modest 10 pkp, was rated 0.01% at 145k, and still rated 0.01% at over 1M+ pkp (could not go any lower!) therefore my chances it seemed were no longer diminished the bigger the pot got. IDK if this was strictly true or that the server secretly works very accurately but displays rounded numbers to us because it looks prettier. Either way if you ever contributed greater than or equal to 85% of the pot, then you definitely won't profit because of the tax thingy - which turns out is useful for this one purpose of stopping 99%'ers (or at least it would be if they knew what they did).

Edited by PK Guy
  • Upvote 2