Quoting

Amen lol. This would be v nice. Good suggestion bruv.

Edit: the like post thing isn't always there tho. Coz i can't like your post right now lol, so yh. thanking system is gonna be implemented pre' soon i think, so that might help with the liking post type ting.

Edited by Harley
  • Upvote 1

Yeah I agree but not everyone has so much to say. I feel as though 10 words being the minimum may encourage people to explain their point more. You can't exactly say "no" in 10 words, and if they try to say "no  no no no no no" they would (if we actually get an f mod) would be infracted 

I'd say more like 6-7 because of farewell threads and introduction threads. You don't really need to say 10 words unless it's a friend that's leaving. It's a small difference, but I'm just tryna think about what people usually post on threads and the word count. It does seem to be going up on this forum, but there's still fags (*cough* kevin *cough* lee *cough*) that post next to nothing lol.

I'd say more like 6-7 because of farewell threads and introduction threads. You don't really need to say 10 words unless it's a friend that's leaving. It's a small difference, but I'm just tryna think about what people usually post on threads and the word count. It does seem to be going up on this forum, but there's still fags (*cough* kevin *cough* lee *cough*) that post next to nothing lol.

I don't want forced required certain amount of keys, or word count. We're not children, the forum mod will just delete or punish accordingly. The thanking system will solve the quoting thing without responding. 

Edited by Castial

I don't want forced required certain amount of keys, or word count. We're not children, the forum mod will just delete or punish accordingly. The thanking system will solve the quoting thing without responding. 

It would help, but it wouldn't fix it completely. I guarantee there'd still be people just quoting, it's just that they would do that AND thank. Only way to get rid of the quoting ting is to put a limit. It's quite obvious we're not children, but some people still act like children.

Edited by Harley

It would help, but it wouldn't fix it completely. I guarantee there'd still be people just quoting, it's just that they would do that AND thank. Only way to get rid of the quoting ting is to put a limit. It's quite obvious we're not children, but some people still act like children.

Sorry, I disagree just let the potential forum mod take care of it. 

That way I can see visible proof that they're doing their job. 

Edited by Castial

Sorry, I disagree just let the potential forum mod take care of it. 

That way I can see visible proof that they're doing their job. 

Forum moderators don't need to prove themselves to the people of the forum lol. They give out warnings and shit which you can't see. Also, you realise they can still show you outside of postwhoring/spamming, right? Advertising? Posts in wrong section? Irrelevant posts? Postwhoring isn't the only problem on a forum that can be dealt with lol.

Also, if the people of the forum abided by the rules, the forum moderator wouldn't need to do his 'job'. He would just have to make sure that the forum isn't getting out of hand like it did with the other one did.

Edited by Harley
  • Upvote 1

Forum moderators don't need to prove themselves to the people of the forum lol. They give out warnings and shit which you can't see. Also, you realise they can still show you outside of postwhoring/spamming, right? Advertising? Posts in wrong section? Irrelevant posts? Postwhoring isn't the only problem on a forum that can be dealt with lol.

Also, if the people of the forum abided by the rules, the forum moderator wouldn't need to do his 'job'. He would just have to make sure that the forum isn't getting out of hand like it did with the other one did.

I think they need to prove themselves otherwise they're completely fucking useless if they don't do their job. I understand that they give out warnings and shit, that's why if I see them deleting posts, or editing I'll feel better about them and having some constructive criticism and actual factual feedback. Based off shit I can see. 

If people abide by the rules and carefully looked at the sections they post in we probably wouldn't need a forum mod. 

Fact is though, I still don't want enforced criteria for posting, it opens up the door for further restrictions. 

Edited by Castial

I think they need to prove themselves otherwise they're completely fucking useless if they don't do their job. I understand that they give out warnings and shit, that's why if I see them deleting posts, or editing I'll feel better about them and having some constructive criticism and actual factual feedback. Based off shit I can see. 

If people abide by the rules and carefully looked at the sections they post in we probably wouldn't need a forum mod. 

Fact is though, I still don't want enforced criteria for posting, it opens up the door for further restrictions. 

They do prove themselves... by; 

Also, you realise they can still show you outside of postwhoring/spamming, right? Advertising? Posts in wrong section? Irrelevant posts? Postwhoring isn't the only problem on a forum that can be dealt with lol.

If people got used to the 'criteria', then it would be removed and hopefully people wouldn't refer back to their 2 word posts. It's a long shot sure, but it's still something.

They do prove themselves... by; 

If people got used to the 'criteria', then it would be removed and hopefully people wouldn't refer back to their 2 word posts. It's a long shot sure, but it's still something.

I never denied those points, I merely said post whoring is another visible thing sub category of quoting without posting should be in. Honestly I would prefer them to quote without posting rather than having restrictions. Through admin CP I bet it's possible to make it they don't receive post accumulation.  

I never denied those points, I merely said post whoring is another visible thing sub category of quoting without posting should be in. Honestly I would prefer them to quote without posting rather than having restrictions. Through admin CP I bet it's possible to make it they don't receive post accumulation.  

You didn't address them either lol. 

If you rather that, then that's your opinion and you're entitled to that, but if they can't come up with 10 words on a post, is it really worth posting? I'd rather them reword the post they were going to quote than just quote it and say nothing. 

You didn't address them either lol. 

If you rather that, then that's your opinion and you're entitled to that, but if they can't come up with 10 words on a post, is it really worth posting? I'd rather them reword the post they were going to quote than just quote it and say nothing. 

That's not entirely accurate. " postwhoring/spamming, right? Advertising? Posts in wrong section? " "I understand that they give out warnings and shit, that's why if I see them deleting posts, or editing" 

Post whoring and spamming fits into deleting posts, so does advertising, I even mentioned warnings which is a subset of infractions. Posts in wrong sections would fit in editing as in editing what section it is. 

Yeah man, like you're entitled to your opinion, I don't disagree with you that it can be annoying but for me restrictions are more annoying. 

That's not entirely accurate. " postwhoring/spamming, right? Advertising? Posts in wrong section? " "I understand that they give out warnings and shit, that's why if I see them deleting posts, or editing" 

Post whoring and spamming fits into deleting posts, so does advertising, I even mentioned warnings which is a subset of infractions. Posts in wrong sections would fit in editing as in editing what section it is. 

Yeah man, like you're entitled to your opinion, I don't disagree with you that it can be annoying but for me restrictions are more annoying. 

How can they be more annoying for you if you type 10 paragraphs every time you post? jkjk. I see where you're comin' from, I just don't want empty posts anymore. That's why I'm trying to post 'better' I guess, coz I used to do a lot of empty posts (not quoting). They meant nothing, and it was stupid lol.

How can they be more annoying for you if you type 10 paragraphs every time you post? jkjk. I see where you're comin' from, I just don't want empty posts anymore. That's why I'm trying to post 'better' I guess, coz I used to do a lot of empty posts (not quoting). They meant nothing, and it was stupid lol.

Hah. 

It's good that you're trying, were you able to follow the cluster fuck up there? of the categorization. 

Edited by Castial

Hah. 

It's good that you're trying, were you able to follow the cluster fuck up there? of the categorization. 

I didn't know there was a cluster fuck bruv.

You two are like an old married couple... Every thread.

I didn't really enjoy the old forums purely because of this. The thank system will be very beneficial.

We just like to post bruv. Discussion is essential.

And yes, yes it would be.

You two are like an old married couple... Every thread.

I didn't really enjoy the old forums purely because of this. The thank system will be very beneficial.

Discussion is good. 

I didn't know there was a cluster fuck bruv.

We just like to post bruv. Discussion is essential.

And yes, yes it would be.

I meant were you able to follow the step by step break down of how I didn't miss your points? 

Kinda hypocritical when you Negatively repped Igno numerous times, lol. 

Bit childish don't ya think.

No, I don't agree with his posts or his flame, and I make use of the karma system just because I advocate for a thanking system does not mean I'm not allowed to use it. 

If you think that's childish you probably lack maturity to actually analyze it due to your dislike for me.  

Just seen that you negatively repped him like it acheived something, if you don't agree with him don't acknowledge him, especially when you disabled the ability to receive reputation on your own profile knowing it would be somewhere in the -20s

But yeah, i dislike you.

Regardless of it achieving anything, it's still there to be utilized by members of the community, it shows that his post is either irrelevant, demeaning, etc. I highly doubt that my reputation would be in the "20s" maybe positive, and I don't recall disabling anything. 

Feelings mutual. 

Edited by Castial

Ok this topic definitely turned a corner LOL. I think we should go back to discussing how much better it would be to add a 10 char limit and not just for quoting.

Okay, yeah, sure, that would be the case for quoting, but how many people would say "gratz xd" and other variations of it on every single post in goals and achievements. I don't think that's spam, so how can a mod infract it? Making a 10-15 word (not just char) minimum would force people to actually make sense of what the topic is about and not just acquire post count.

Using the example you gave for goals and achievements if the person just says "gratz xd" and it's not technically spam the 10-15 world minimum required post would discourage them to post. What else is there to say? you literally have to make up bullshit, "Hey Greg, super duper on your goal achieving, much love." 10 words right there, and if it was 15, more bull shit has to be added, "Hey Greg, super duper on your goal achieving, much love. Good luck on future goals!" 

Now don't get me wrong, Greg might be a decent guy but for me to be forced to say all that it's not coming from the heart. If I want to type that willingly that's one thing, but if I'm forced to make up bullshit isn't that the same thing as spam? irrelevant words just to be able to post. 

The thanking system would decrease spam, I'm not saying it would eliminate it completely, but certainly would it easier for forum mods. 

If you can't say 10 characters when you post there is no need to post unless it is in the spam section. The forums are a place for discussion not spam. < 10 characters does not allow anyone with discussion. I know I have posted sometimes by just quoting or less then 10 characters, but now that I realise that is against the rules I will change my behavior.

If you can't say 10 characters when you post there is no need to post unless it is in the spam section. The forums are a place for discussion not spam. < 10 characters does not allow anyone with discussion. I know I have posted sometimes by just quoting or less then 10 characters, but now that I realise that is against the rules I will change my behavior.

It's good to read the whole thread before posting, I feel as if I adequately answered this above your post. If you had read the whole thread your post would have been different, hence irony of "spam". 

It's good to read the whole thread before posting, I feel as if I adequately answered this above your post. If you had read the whole thread your post would have been different, hence irony of "spam". 

I actually read this whole thread and I can see why Sinister and the rest of the server hates you. Whenever someone tries to tell you your ideas are wrong you just try to make a huge argument and bring them down. 

I actually read this whole thread and I can see why Sinister and the rest of the server hates you. Whenever someone tries to tell you your ideas are wrong you just try to make a huge argument and bring them down. 

Well sorry you felt that way, however you're not really explaining why I'm wrong so I'll requote myself for you. 

Using the example you gave for goals and achievements if the person just says "gratz xd" and it's not technically spam the 10-15 world minimum required post would discourage them to post. What else is there to say? you literally have to make up bullshit, "Hey Greg, super duper on your goal achieving, much love." 10 words right there, and if it was 15, more bull shit has to be added, "Hey Greg, super duper on your goal achieving, much love. Good luck on future goals!" 

Now don't get me wrong, Greg might be a decent guy but for me to be forced to say all that it's not coming from the heart. If I want to type that willingly that's one thing, but if I'm forced to make up bullshit isn't that the same thing as spam? irrelevant words just to be able to post. 

The thanking system would decrease spam, I'm not saying it would eliminate it completely, but certainly would it easier for forum mods. 

By all means answer that.