Could not click food/items/teleport?

Jordaan

Ok so I was bridding on my acc "Jordaan". And I was moving around my items in my inventory because it got a little messy but then right after that I couldn't eat food or drink a brew/restore.. Once I realised there was a problem, I was spam clicking my universal teleport but it didn't teleport me. I was not lagging because I was able to switch prayers and chat like normal in game. I died and lost acb and about 500 pkp worth of items.

19 hours ago, Jordaan said:

Ok so I was bridding on my acc "Jordaan". And I was moving around my items in my inventory because it got a little messy but then right after that I couldn't eat food or drink a brew/restore.. Once I realised there was a problem, I was spam clicking my universal teleport but it didn't teleport me. I was not lagging because I was able to switch prayers and chat like normal in game. I died and lost acb and about 500 pkp worth of items.

There is two ends to the game, one is the client which we use to play, the other is the game server (hosted by Gretar) which sends/receives data. When your client crashes or when your connection to the server drops, many client side actions (such as clicking on items or prayers, switching tabs, typing in the chatbox, etc.) will appear to work as normal, in terms of being able to interact with them. But none of the effects will activate (such as you attempting to tab) because the server handles the actual teleportation and removing the tab, the client just registers the click. You can tell when this occurs because the game will suddenly seem like time has stopped - you can probably change the view around - but you'll notice no one will be moving or fighting.

• Upvote 2