New Developer

pk and own

Title says it all, Gretar should look for a developer to help him so we can get the updates faster. And yeah i know It's very hard to find a trusted developer that won't do anything wrong. But there are some that could do a great job for us. As long it won't be alex again, he didn't really do anything when he was developer. Just made a theard of what he was gonna do and never really do any of them, he added a right anim and removed ovls and that's all actually.

Yes, I wouldn't trust anyone with the server files either. But you can still use a developer to program for you, just give them a blank source to test code on (not the actual server, just a basic PI would do). Then when they show you the work, you just pay for the codes and literally copy/paste it into this server - it can be inspected for any malicious content (Gretar is proficient enough to understand chunks of code). If there's any problems transferring the code, they can sort any errors over Team View or something. Works really well, plenty of freelancers about on RSPS forums.

This only applies to adding fresh content though (new items, gfx, minigames, events, etc etc). For modifying existing stuff (eg. combat system!) he'd have to pass over specifically those classes that deal with it. It's a difficult situation. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Game Support II said:

Yes, I wouldn't trust anyone with the server files either. But you can still use a developer to program for you, just give them a blank source to test code on (not the actual server, just a basic PI would do). Then when they show you the work, you just pay for the codes and literally copy/paste it into this server - it can be inspected for any malicious content (Gretar is proficient enough to understand chunks of code). If there's any problems transferring the code, they can sort any errors over Team View or something. Works really well, plenty of freelancers about on RSPS forums.

This only applies to adding fresh content though (new items, gfx, minigames, events, etc etc). For modifying existing stuff (eg. combat system!) he'd have to pass over specifically those classes that deal with it. It's a difficult situation. 

Gretar knows 100% what he is doing, The developer could just speed up updates etc

3 hours ago, Ahmash said:

support, vouch for Game support 4 developer cos hes been coding since 2009 and ik him irl

He wouldn't use anyone from Roatpkz, not even myself. 

Yes,I agree Gretar needs a developer but as Sinister said Gretar has far too much pride to allow any outsider to help. 

25 minutes ago, Zoradz said:

Yes,I agree Gretar needs a developer but as Sinister said Gretar has far too much pride to allow any outsider to help. 

i was jk about developer

he doesnt rly need 1 Gretar can do anything hes genious all he has to do is put time into it if he actually cares

1 hour ago, Zoradz said:

Jason would be a great developer IMO he's good with coding he knows what the server wants and wouldn't do anything irrational. Gretar would also find his as trustworthy considering they've been close for years

11 hours ago, Zoradz said:

Yeah, Gretar has coded this server himself for all those years, it would be hard for him to take a developer