Suggestion.

A way to get more people to use forums is by having monthly forum contests. 

What I have in mind is really simple of the 1st of every month to the last day of the month Players time on forums will be logged and the person with the most time on forums would win a prize in game. Yes people might just leave their computers online all night and day with forums opened so you would need to make it so this does not happen example after 10 minutes it would list the player as idle from forums and they would have to click the button to show their not idle anymore then their time starts to count again. Just an idea to make forums more active.

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, king barb said:

na they wont do it . they dont wana ruin the eco .

The eco is already ruined, and I don't see your point?
The eco is controlled by 3 people: Tom, Craig, and Kisulora V2 (maybe others but cbf to list em)

And if what you say is true, the forums contest woudn't reward alot, but will also give reputation to the winner. I don't get your point in saying "they don't want to ruin the eco" when you need to understand this: The eco needs fixing and this would be a great way to show it

+1.

• Upvote 1

Nah Nyzic, it would be quite easy to make it so even if your visiting threads via forums every 10 minutes something would pop up always in a different location on your screen asking if you are there and you click yes to signify that you really are there.

And once that message pops up your timer pauses and will continue as soon as you hit the ok button. or w/e the button says.

6 hours ago, Local Arab said:

Nah Nyzic, it would be quite easy to make it so even if your visiting threads via forums every 10 minutes something would pop up always in a different location on your screen asking if you are there and you click yes to signify that you really are there.

And once that message pops up your timer pauses and will continue as soon as you hit the ok button. or w/e the button says.

Forum activity can easily be measured by number of (quality) posts submitted, not amount of time spent lurking - we have forum mods who can either delete or move none useful messages to the spam section (which should be excluded from any potential monthly contest). i don't think a 'random event' style pop-up is quite necessary.

I do agree with your overall suggestion, just could be implemented better. It sure would be nice if the forums were busier, and this kind of incentive could lead to that, the only problem is too much "cancer" stuff puts people off posting, especially newer members who try to add something and get shot down for nothing. 

Edited by PK Guy
  • Upvote 2