Updates

Tupac

I really think that Roatz needs more update if it wants to be a realistic competitor with other big name servers. I have been browsing other RSPS, and they seem to work around the clock to make sure the client is running properly, there are no bugs, there is always a staff member online, and that the community is kept satisfied.

We've had a north korean client for a very long time now, and I see no reason why steps can't be taken to fix this problem. There has also been word of a new client being released, which will allowed affliction to add things like the ballista to the game. This has been said over and over again for weeks, with no word from any member of the staff team. I personally feel it's important that the playerbase is kept in the loop for upcoming updates, and when we can expect them, but maybe that's just me. This isn't really a rant, it's just that I (and many others) are kind of losing faith in a new client ever being released. The heavy ballista was added into osrs on May 6, 2016. ????

Castle wars has also been broke as shit for a WHILE now

I'm really baked so this may no make sense but I'm sure you get the gist. 

Edited by Tupac
  • Upvote 2

Seconded but don't exactly expect someone to be working on updates 24/7.. every player has a life outside of roat, as does its creator/workers.

I'd go as far as perhaps more staff be assigned, from different time zones to accomodate all players and maybe some updates with dates listed so we know when to expect them.

• Upvote 2

I know what you mean, it's a bit frustrating but regarding @Affliction, he's done his best and done well so far with the client he has been dealing with. Recently he's been in hospital so hasn't been that active just to let you know. Regarding staff I agree that we need more, possibly even more so in different time zones. Problem is who do you give it to? Can't just slap Mod on a random. Or even SS tbh. But I guess SS would not be as bad as you can only temp mute. :) 

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, jblind said:

I know what you mean, it's a bit frustrating but regarding @Affliction, he's done his best and done well so far with the client he has been dealing with. Recently he's been in hospital so hasn't been that active just to let you know. Regarding staff I agree that we need more, possibly even more so in different time zones. Problem is who do you give it to? Can't just slap Mod on a random. Or even SS tbh. But I guess SS would not be as bad as you can only temp mute. :) 

Oh shit I didn't realize my boy was in the hospital! @Affliction Get well soon brother. 

And yeah I feel you on that second part. 

6 hours ago, cyifly said:

Seconded but don't exactly expect someone to be working on updates 24/7.. every player has a life outside of roat, as does its creator/workers.

This. Gretar and I both live quite busy lives, especially right now. Hence why Gretar tried to hire an outside Dev. 

6 hours ago, cyifly said:

I'd go as far as perhaps more staff be assigned, from different time zones to accomodate all players and maybe some updates with dates listed so we know when to expect them.

Unfortunately putting a deadline on a update wouldn't work practically.

I think we'll be looking into a new dev in the coming future, at this point in time Gretar is focusing more on Roat updates, so hopefully some good things to come our way.
I'll be helping out Gretar when I can with some small updates.

• Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Zoradz said:

This. Gretar and I both live quite busy lives, especially right now. Hence why Gretar tried to hire an outside Dev. 

I think we'll be looking into a new dev in the coming future, at this point in time Gretar is focusing more on Roat updates, so hopefully some good things to come our way.

Looking forward to it.

11 hours ago, Zoradz said:

Knew affliction was a cry baby retard looooool 

o well thnx for a few updates slave