String of hacked accounts

Xtoxicdeathx

Okay this last 2 weeks people have been getting hacked including myself...

I’ve witnessed three other people who got hacked who also claim to not share their info with anyone ..

there is something going on, I don’t know what but I don’t play other rsps’s and my passwords are different every time.

now what I don’t understand is why support or admins/mods are saying that because we are “hacked” and our items are contributed to the eco from the hackers that we can’t have a rollback. I find that VERY unfair and a really bad way of treating players especially those whose donated to include myself ($200+) I’ve been seeking help for this situation from mods-admins and even roatpkz support email with no avail to any outcome.

Also I re-read all your rules and policy, there is nothing stated that if we don’t have an ingame email set to our accounts that in the event we do get hacked that we can not retrieve our items/bank. I believe that should be resolved for others and make it clear to the rest of the community so that there is no hidden rules we are not aware of.

I hope that our issue including mine gets resolved and that the players get a fair treatment in the future because at the end of the day it’s the players who keep this server alive. 

P.s. I’ve been seeking help, sent multiple messages out to roatpkz support email , smackd , and the mod who responded was Jblind who stated that he cannot do anything as a mod with his power.

I was accused of RWTing and handing out 100k pkp’s when I never did any of that, I’ve always been a loyal player. Two weeks ago I logged out from pking with dh in edge, and then to being banned for two weeks, appeals denied, found out I was hacked, bank cleared (150k items+ 200k pkp+ infernal) and to no help after 4 days of contacting everyone I could.

it seems I’m not the only one and hope this sheds some light 

Bottom line is this;

In OSRS if you don't have your two factor authenticator setup you're opening yourself up to hacking. If people can hack OSRS accounts then you can bet they can hack Roat Pkz accounts, although I don't know the exact methods. 

If you get hacked on osrs with no authenticator setup you think you'll get a refund? Nty.

So even when every time you login without an email set and that it's not verified you chose to ignore it. That's not our fault? That was your ignorance. 

If you have an email set and verified it's practically impossible to get hacked and if you were to get hacked you'd get a refund because you did all you could and it was out of your control. In your instance and most others this is not the case. 

• Upvote 2

I feel for you man, @tupac guy was acting respectful, and my nigga if you lost that much/any of us shit we'd complain. Though Dario is right about take it as a lesson to always look out for yourself, because no one has your back like you do. All they can do is punish the hacker, Jblind explained the likely scenario of getting a refund; if you eliminated all negligence on your part. Chin up though, wealth on this bitch is a coursing river; poor today Pablo Escobar tomorrow. 

I still don’t understand, the reason people play RSPS is because it’s not the same as OSRS this is the only server I know who doesn’t help their players who get hacked regardless if they have anything set up or not .. but I suppose there’s no point in stating my case anymore. Just figured it was worth a shot before I let the server go. 

1 hour ago, Xtoxicdeathx said:

I still don’t understand, the reason people play RSPS is because it’s not the same as OSRS this is the only server I know who doesn’t help their players who get hacked regardless if they have anything set up or not .. but I suppose there’s no point in stating my case anymore. Just figured it was worth a shot before I let the server go. 

Protect your account next time, you had the prompts like everyone else.

2 hours ago, Xtoxicdeathx said:

Hello, Sorry to hear you were hacked. The staff are correct here, it's highly recommended to set up our email and authentication system. If you think your pc may be compromised please run a scan with malwarebytes :)

I don’t believe staff is correct, initially I stumbled across this server from runelocus. 

Logged into the server, and I Decided I enjoyed playing.

So with like all every other RSPS I’ve ever played, I registered on the forums My username and it asked me to verify my email (at this point I figured atleast forums and ingame would be integrated). Ingame prompts are always a miss because people are always having a conversation on Yell chatbox.. I never knew there was even a command to set your email ingame...

Also to back up my case, on official roatpkz guides and rules there is nothing stated about not being helped if you don’t have a email ingame in the event you get hacked.

There has to be atleast a give and take to where the staff are doing their due diligence to make players aware of the safety procedures we can take on our accounts.

I shouldn’t have to find out that I needed to set an email ingame after I get hacked..

https://ibb.co/eQxUFb[/IMG]

40 minutes ago, Xtoxicdeathx said:

I don’t believe staff is correct, initially I stumbled across this server from runelocus. 

Logged into the server, and I Decided I enjoyed playing.

So with like all every other RSPS I’ve ever played, I registered on the forums My username and it asked me to verify my email (at this point I figured atleast forums and ingame would be integrated). Ingame prompts are always a miss because people are always having a conversation on Yell chatbox.. I never knew there was even a command to set your email ingame...
Clearly states Roat Pkz Forums but i mean I can see the miss-understanding. 
No, don't try play that card. As soon as you login you get the message and it specifically states to 'prevent hackers' and then tells you the command to run ::setemail. Don't try say that when you login there's so much activity going on it's already off of the screen. No. 

Also to back up my case, on official roatpkz guides and rules there is nothing stated about not being helped if you don’t have a email ingame in the event you get hacked.

There has to be atleast a give and take to where the staff are doing their due diligence to make players aware of the safety procedures we can take on our accounts.
Yh we did, before there never even used to be a message that your account had no email set. 

I shouldn’t have to find out that I needed to set an email ingame after I get hacked..
'Roat Pkz Forum'

https://ibb.co/eQxUFb[/IMG]

Not trying to have an argument because if it happened to me i'd be pissed too but just have to suck it up you didn't protect your account. End of discussion. 

This is an unfortunate case indeed. But you keep mentioning the fact that your email not being linked to your in-game account is the reason you're not being helped. This isn't entirely true, it has only been emphasised because if you did have that extra security enabled then chances are you would not have been hacked in the first place. However it has no bearing on missing items being refunded, security code enabled or not, you never get your stuff back, the best you can hope is to get the account itself back (password reset).

I re-checked the rules and policies too, and the only place I can find mention of "refunds" are on the donator page, "If you lose any purchased item, it is not refundable in-game" and the manual account recovery page, "We can not guarantee that your items are still on the account you're recovering" so it's not like it offers any sort of protection anywhere. Imagine the hacker staked your stuff, lost it, the winner went and sold it on, the buyer then risk fights and loses it, etc etc... your items pass through so many hands so quickly it can be impractical to follow the trail and take them back from someone who earned them legit. And Gretar won't just spawn a new set of stuff you lost and hand it back because it affects the eco (if you were rich) and he is eco-mad (no offence :p) but refunds are rarely given on any servers AFAIK.

The lesson to be learnt from this topic is for the server to make it more clear to people that they really should register their email address and obtain a security code (it's basically a form of 2FA). Similar to how we are regularly nagged about not having voted for bonus PKP and drop rates, players without emails set should receive regular game messages about it. Could also give users the option of setting it immediately upon first time login of a new account through an NPC dialogue or interface.

55 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

This is an unfortunate case indeed. But you keep mentioning the fact that your email not being linked to your in-game account is the reason you're not being helped. This isn't entirely true, it has only been emphasised because if you did have that extra security enabled then chances are you would not have been hacked in the first place. However it has no bearing on missing items being refunded, security code enabled or not, you never get your stuff back, the best you can hope is to get the account itself back (password reset).

I re-checked the rules and policies too, and the only place I can find mention of "refunds" are on the donator page, "If you lose any purchased item, it is not refundable in-game" and the manual account recovery page, "We can not guarantee that your items are still on the account you're recovering" so it's not like it offers any sort of protection anywhere. Imagine the hacker staked your stuff, lost it, the winner went and sold it on, the buyer then risk fights and loses it, etc etc... your items pass through so many hands so quickly it can be impractical to follow the trail and take them back from someone who earned them legit. And Gretar won't just spawn a new set of stuff you lost and hand it back because it affects the eco (if you were rich) and he is eco-mad (no offence :p) but refunds are rarely given on any servers AFAIK.

The lesson to be learnt from this topic is for the server to make it more clear to people that they really should register their email address and obtain a security code (it's basically a form of 2FA). Similar to how we are regularly nagged about not having voted for bonus PKP and drop rates, players without emails set should receive regular game messages about it. Could also give users the option of setting it immediately upon first time login of a new account through an NPC dialogue or interface.

Well said, I agree with you 100%.

its unfortunate that I won’t get a reset though still salty.