Islam is Religion of Peace

Is Islam a religion of peace?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Is Islam a religion of peace?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided
  2. 2. If not, is Christianity a just as threatening religion?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A

I am not into really into these kind of discussions but how I look at it from my perspective: religion has to be between God and yourself nothing else. And Islam/Christenity are very close (Do research and you'll see) as Jesus is atleast mentioned 8 times in the Quran. Muslims also believe that Jesus is a prophet therefore there is not hate inbetween. I say this as an individual but believe me there are enough people who think the same. 

I also think that topics as these should be ruled out as they will only bring hatred among the community. 

29 minutes ago, Tupac said:
5 hours ago, Mike said:

I also think that topics as these should be ruled out as they will only bring hatred among the community. 

Most Muslims are peaceful gieds family just gives them a bad name in the media 

I don’t believe all muslims are bad and evil people. I believe the roots and faith of Islam are threatening ideas. For example, the prophet Mohammed was a conquering warlord. The Quran talks about how the prophet would spread his ideology throughout the world via conquest and force. This is where it was withdrawn from the Quran by certain Muslims, that the penalty for not converting to Islam is death.

I am not stating that all Muslims believe the penalty for not converting to Islam should be death, but the messages and morals that derive from the Quran itself are threatening. They worship a conquering and murdering warlord. Therefore I belief that the faith of Islam is unpeaceful.

Edited by supreme cc
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, PK Guy said:

Citation needed.

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

‘Been called to fight all men until they testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammed in His messenger’

Prophet Muhammad was known for spreading his message through the sword, with his involvement in the attacks such as the caravan attacks, making his methods of global spread similar to the conquest of the likes of Caesar 

It is said that Muhammad spent the last 10 years of his life as the leader of the ummah, the head state at Medina. This was written in th me Quran to justify Muhammad’s spreading of the belief by the sword.

‘Permission to fight is given to those who are fought against because they have been wronged - truely Allah has the power to come to their support... merely for saying ‘Our lord is Allah’

Also, I have not fully read the Quran as of yet but I advise you read up on the offensive Caravan raids.

“When you meet your enemies.... If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withhold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them. If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them’. Sahih Muslim 1731 a, b

Spreading of the faith by the sword in a warlord like manner:

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/forced-conversion.aspx

33 minutes ago, supreme cc said:

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

‘Been called to fight all men until they testify that there is no god but Allah and Muhammed in His messenger’

Prophet Muhammad was known for spreading his message through the sword, with his involvement in the attacks such as the caravan attacks, making his methods of global spread similar to the conquest of the likes of Caesar 

It is said that Muhammad spent the last 10 years of his life as the leader of the ummah, the head state at Medina. This was written in th me Quran to justify Muhammad’s spreading of the belief by the sword.

‘Permission to fight is given to those who are fought against because they have been wronged - truely Allah has the power to come to their support... merely for saying ‘Our lord is Allah’

Also, I have not fully read the Quran as of yet but I advise you read up on the offensive Caravan raids.

“When you meet your enemies.... If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withhold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to (accept) Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them. If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them’. Sahih Muslim 1731 a, b

Spreading of the faith by the sword in a warlord like manner:

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pages/quran/forced-conversion.aspx

If everyone was muslim then, wouldn’t it be a peaceful religion? All other religions are stupid. I don’t know why they exist🤷🏽‍♂

@supreme cc I meant the part where you said worship him. Only God is worthy of worship, no man, not even a prophet. Every Muslim knows that. As for warlord, he waited 13 years (of persecution and suffering) before God commanded him to fight back. Either that or face execution, which is of course what they thought they did to Jesus (peace be upon him).

17 hours ago, l DONT NOW said:

If everyone was muslim then, wouldn’t it be a peaceful religion? All other religions are stupid. I don’t know why they exist🤷🏽‍♂

In a perfect world: yes. But in reality: no. There is Muslim vs Muslim violence independent of non-Muslim interaction, has been for centuries and frankly it's embarrassing. Especially shameful because Muhammad  (peace be upon him) had unified the Arabian peninsula from bickering tribes to a glorious Ummah.

All other religions are NOT stupid, as a Muslim I highly respect all others but in particular: Orthodox Christianity, Orthodox Judaism, Sabians, and even Zoroastrians, AKA "people of the book".

Edited by PK Guy
noticed error
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

@supreme cc I meant the part where you said worship him. Only God is worthy of worship, no man, not even a prophet. Every Muslim knows that. As for warlord, he waited 13 years (of persecution and suffering) before God commanded him to fight back. Either that or face execution, which is of course what they thought they did to Jesus (peace be upon him).

In a perfect world: yes. But in reality: no. There is Muslim vs Muslim violence independent of non-Muslim interaction, has been for centuries and frankly it's embarrassing. Especially shameful because Muhammad  (peace be upon him) had unified the Arabian peninsula from bickering tribes to a glorious Ummah.

All other religions are NOT stupid, as a Muslim I highly respect all others but in particular: Orthodox Christianity, Orthodox Judaism, Sabines, and even Zoroastrians, AKA "people of the book".

(Coming from a catholic perspective) I respectfully agree   

12 hours ago, PK Guy said:

@supreme cc I meant the part where you said worship him. Only God is worthy of worship, no man, not even a prophet. Every Muslim knows that. As for warlord, he waited 13 years (of persecution and suffering) before God commanded him to fight back. 

Strongly respect these responses, makes for a good discussion and your argument comes across strongly

Anyway, I don’t believe waiting for a few years and being ‘commanded by God’ is good justicication for his murdering. What the prophet saw as a commandment from God is because of his faith in him. Faith is belief without the need for any form of evidence. This can be used in the most evil of ways to justify absolutely any action and it truely is dangerous. Muhammed believed God commanded him to fight back. There is no empirical evidence, there is no scientific discovery behind it as there isn’t any to prove such things are the present day. This is a perfect example of how ‘faith’ could have been exploited to justify Muhammad’s actions of which could have otherwise been seen as purely evil. If God hadn’t have ‘commanded’ him to kill, would these actions have been justified? I can relate this to other present day examples, such as suicide bombers having the faith and belief that Allah would send them to a martyr’s heaven after they take their lives. They justify their actions by their faith in this. Their beleif. They have no evidence for it and we often see these people in an evil way. What differentiates the prophet’s actions because of his unproven beliefs and the suicide bombers of the present day?

14 hours ago, l DONT NOW said:

If everyone was muslim then, wouldn’t it be a peaceful religion? 

Well I guess you are also for a Global Communist Dictatorship, ruled by a single state, where everybody in the public lives by complete equality of outcome?

Furtherely, you must be against cultural diversity which strongly contradicts the wants of a large proportion of the muslim population, who can commonly be seen migrating into developed Western countries instead of living in their homelands.

Finally, how do you expect everybody to convert to Islam in such a peaceful scenario? Surely if you want this equality of belief we disregard all religion from the belief of these historic holy books.

• 6 months later...