Will probs never happen but w.e

I said "Random server" because I had LITERALLY JUST hopped on a random server, selected on one of the voting websites.

And I know, it looks awful too, bad example, but I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.

@Gretar

11 hours ago, King Lee said:

maybe if gretar updated the server graphically to be like 07 it would be cool but I don't see that happening

This.

And I don't see why @King Lee. All these new items don't seem to "fit in". Or even old items, like spirit shields or imbued rings. It'd be cool, but I agree, don't see it happening.

13 hours ago, Ali said:

I said "Random server" because I had LITERALLY JUST hopped on a random server, selected on one of the voting websites.

And I know, it looks awful too, bad example, but I'm pretty sure you know what I mean.

@Gretar

This.

And I don't see why @King Lee. All these new items don't seem to "fit in". Or even old items, like spirit shields or imbued rings. It'd be cool, but I agree, don't see it happening.

I remember reading something Jason posted about how all the new items gretar has to put into this server as customs bc this server is running off of the platform runescape had in 2006-2007, that's why the graphics don't look as nice as the 07 ones, the npcs (ex. The old green dragon models)

and everything else lol. So I guess it's a lot harder for gretar to be putting out all these new items and updates because the platform he's coding on doesn't easily allow him to

14 hours ago, King Lee said:

I remember reading something Jason posted about how all the new items gretar has to put into this server as customs bc this server is running off of the platform runescape had in 2006-2007, that's why the graphics don't look as nice as the 07 ones, the npcs (ex. The old green dragon models)

and everything else lol. So I guess it's a lot harder for gretar to be putting out all these new items and updates because the platform he's coding on doesn't easily allow him to

Yes, this is true. RoatPkz is based off the "317" client which was the original 2006/7 as you say. OSRS uses a heavily modified version of that - which has already been decompiled and released, the current version is now "110" or "111" (since they restarted the version number upon OSRS release), not really following it up so much anymore though. So it would take a massive amount of work to make a 111 client compatible with this server source, especially since the current client we are using has already been highly customised itself.

Would probably be better just to start off with an OSRS base server and build RoatPkz on to it from scratch. Because I see a lot of suggestions asking for OS maps/areas, OS bosses, OS items; and just having a client with these items built-in has got to be better than manually adding them one at a time. Probably the easiest option, but will take a lot of time to complete. Either way it's a tough ask so can't blame Gretar at all.

As for the 2 pics Ali posted, they look almost identical graphically except for brighntess adjustments. The key difference is that the other server is using OSRS client (can tell because of BH icon on the minimap).

• Upvote 1

the graphics on roatz are perfect they are true oldschool from 2006, this is the last great 317 rsps left and shud remain that way

thers no need to update the cache to 110 cos osrs maps arent important this is a pking server and wildy hasnt changed much, items and npcs hav to be added manually but still the best option

1 hour ago, Ahmash said:

the graphics on roatz are perfect they are true oldschool from 2006, this is the last great 317 rsps left and shud remain that way

thers no need to update the cache to 110 cos osrs maps arent important this is a pking server and wildy hasnt changed much, items and npcs hav to be added manually but still the best option

Looks nicer. Anything to improve the server.