Roat Pkz Source is outdated but can be improved to the best of its ability

Seras

I understand this is a 2010 base (Overloadx) but ideally with some tweaking you'll have a server that you can actually play well on without the buggy combat; the isn't like runescape 2007 but more as a regular 317/474 should be without the combat delay from 07.

Some bugs I'm aware you could fix with some effort if you need to post pictures, gif/videos let me know I intend on posting them on the topic soon so keep updated with the thread

Slow buggy player pathing

Barrage hits 0 with splash

Prayer delay

Range accuracy hits too often when ranging with armour and when protect range is up

Magic accuracy 

Magic distances

Range distances

Bugged DD

Bugged hugging no fluidity

Freeze immunity when caster is off screen should cease

Bolts drop as regular arrows on the floor even with ava's accumulator on

No staff/book/shield block animation when attacked by magic/ranged/melee

No chatbox message when drinking potions

In the Wilderness Follow is underneath Trade? it should be the other way around

Equip times "The switching style(roatz pk item switch mode) doesn't make sense since it all equips one by one"

Osrs switching mode "The server equips the items a bit late(feels like its 2 ticks again to equip)"

the list goes on.

Potentially you could start again with another source and client but since you've stuck with overloadx all these years you might aswell improve on what you have to maximise player count & you aren't like the many other "osrs servers" you can be unique in a sense that you aren't like every other server.

just my two cents 

@Gretar @Zoradz 

4 minutes ago, Seras said:

I understand this is a 2010 base (Overloadx) but ideally with some tweaking you'll have a server that you can actually play well on without the buggy combat; the isn't like runescape 2007 but more as a regular 317/474 should be without the combat delay from 07.

Some bugs I'm aware you could fix with some effort if you need to post pictures, gif/videos let me know I intend on posting them on the topic soon so keep updated with the thread

Prayer delay

Range accuracy hits too often when ranging with armour and when protect range is up

Magic accuracy 

Magic distances

Range distances

Bugged DD

Equip times "The switching style(roatz pk item switch mode) doesn't make sense since it all equips one by one"

Osrs switching mode "The server equips the items a bit late(feels like its 2 ticks again to equip)"

the list goes on.

Potentially you could start again with another source and client but since you've stuck with overloadx all these years you might aswell improve on what you have to maximise player count & you aren't like the many other "osrs servers" you can be unique in a sense that you aren't like every other server.

just my two cents 

@Gretar @Zoradz 

Also some client related issues I've noticed You may want to use a different client in the future but I know you love OverloadX source code might aswell improve it ? @gretar, will post more.

Stats tab

0's have a slashed blue Ø should be a regular 0

The X cross when you clicked with your mouse somewhere is "blue&black" it should be a "red X cross"  

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Seras said:

Prayer delay

Magic accuracy 

Magic distances

Range distances

Bugged DD

the list goes on.

just my two cents 

@Gretar @Zoradz 

Also some client related issues I've noticed You may want to use a different client in the future but I know you love OverloadX source code might aswell improve it ? @gretar, will post more.

Stats tab

The X cross when you clicked with your mouse somewhere is "blue&black" it should be a "red X cross"  

@Gretar

Player Pathing issue

Example #1 from a roat pkz video @itskyle 

dG4qsIx.gif

Player casts magic clicks on map, character moves in that direction but clicks attack at the same time but moves to the south tile? If you can use the abetter pathing algorithm that player should move to the west tile instead?

Just now, Seras said:

@Gretar

Player Pathing issue

Example #1 from a roat pkz video @Its Kyle

dG4qsIx.gif

Player casts magic clicks on map, character moves in that direction but clicks attack at the same time but moves to the south tile? If you can use the abetter pathing algorithm that player should move to the west tile instead?

Been suggested numerous times, you're just wasting your time.

Had a conversation with Gretar today about the updates, asked him about the most important ones (can be found on Pyd's thread) and I also asked about this,

he said:

"We're currently working on a new client. Sorry for the delay brother. Everything will be new but nothing will get deleted (accounts, banks). We added almost everything that has been suggested. we have to wait for the client"

Bullshit or not, idk, we'll have to wait and see lol

52 minutes ago, 24k said:

Had a conversation with Gretar today about the updates, asked him about the most important ones (can be found on Pyd's thread) and I also asked about this,

he said:

"We're currently working on a new client. Sorry for the delay brother. Everything will be new but nothing will get deleted (accounts, banks). We added almost everything that has been suggested. we have to wait for the client"

Don't believe it at all l0l (not u, gretar)

1 hour ago, 24k said:

he said:

haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaa

2 hours ago, Seras said:

Prayer delay

Magic accuracy 

Magic distances

Range distances

Bugged DD

the list goes on.

just my two cents 

@Gretar @Zoradz 

Stats tab

2 hours ago, Seras said:

@Gretar

Player Pathing issue

Example #1 from a roat pkz video @itskyle 

dG4qsIx.gif

support

thanks for letting us know, this is being worked on atm and will be fixed by next update

2 hours ago, 24k said:

he said:

Everything about new content in Pyd's topic can be summarised into two words: OSRS cache. This is the only way forward because people keep requesting Old RS items/NPC/maps and it's a pain in the ass manually adding 'custom' one at a time - like it was done for serp, TSOTD, ACB, etc. But adding that is the hard part and it needs a lot of work, with Zoradz incapacitated it's taking even longer. Plus once the client is updated, there is a lot of server-sided work to bring the new content to life (not just be able to view them, but for them to actually function as they're supposed to).

tl;dr  It's not bullshit. It's just taking them forever to do.

Edited by PK Guy
(btw wasn't talking about the bugs Seras mentioned, just the details of the new client)
  • Upvote 1

Most of these issues have been addressed time and time again. Due to the workload on Gretars plate (Roat and RL) he decided to hire me, during the promotion I was in the middle of moving to the other side of Australia, and unfortunately had my accident, however, I am getting to the point in my recovery where I'm no longer bed bound and feel OK to get up and use my computer - Over the past few days I have made some progress on the new client, but again this is not my priority.  I understand a lot of you have been waiting years for a lot of these updates, this client will include a lot of these fixes. A bit longer of a wait will not hurt. 

Please continue to be patient whilst we work to getting this sorted out. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Zoradz said:

Most of these issues have been addressed time and time again. Due to the workload on Gretars plate (Roat and RL) he decided to hire me, during the promotion I was in the middle of moving to the other side of Australia, and unfortunately had my accident, however, I am getting to the point in my recovery where I'm no longer bed bound and feel OK to get up and use my computer - Over the past few days I have made some progress on the new client, but again this is not my priority.  I understand a lot of you have been waiting years for a lot of these updates, this client will include a lot of these fixes. A bit longer of a wait will not hurt. 

Can you give us a guestimation of how long you personally think it will be before we can see any actual worthwhile updates?

8 hours ago, Zoradz said:

ty for letting us kno radzy dw we will wait for these great updates and let me kno if u need stuff testing on beta

gl with ur recovery m8 and if u dont deliver us this content ima brake ur fkn neck ok:kappa1:

• Upvote 1

Another flaw with the combat system; Animations this is regarding the (Range projectile's)

SvqtaXl.png

Bolt animation is not in sync with hit splat. The bolt has to hit the opponent then damage should appear (range hit 30).

14 minutes ago, Seras said:

Another flaw with the combat system; Animations this is regarding the (Range projectile's)

SvqtaXl.png

Bolt animation is not in sync with hit splat. The bolt has to hit the opponent then damage should appear (range hit 30).

@Zoradz @Gretar

• Upvote 1

Dragon Bolts (e) special on protect from range hits too hard and frequent 

One of many examples; This is a 31 on prayer & I believe I've witnessed a 47 dragon bolt (e) special on Protect from range.

3eCQg9Z.gif

Bump

2 minutes ago, Seras said:

One of many examples; This is a 31 on prayer & I believe I've witnessed a 47 dragon bolt (e) special on Protect from range.

3eCQg9Z.gif

@Gretar @Zorads

1 hour ago, Seras said:

3eCQg9Z.gif

Bump

@Gretar @Zorads

You should be able to hit 31 through prayer.