mage changes.

In my opinion and im sure in alot of other peoples opinions, mage needs a huge accuracy buff. No matter what combat you are it just seems like mage is splashing more than it should no matter what gear you're in. you can be in full ahrims and mages book and splash on pures in a leather top and dhide chaps 3 out of 10 times. I feel like this shouldnt be splashing as much as it does in the game and hopefully you guys can look into this and make some changes with the accuracy and even the damage of the hits. Even when you finally do catch a freeze on someone it seems to be the max hit is 25-30 at any combat level.

I personally think mage is fine. 
It's always been an iffy skill to use, especially against range gear like quoted above. Besides, usually when people are in high-tier gear they'll often have a positive mage defence, albeit slight. 

e9e36ddfff814242a439a21f64e6fa62.png

Mystic Might only increases the accuracy of the cast by 15%, which is a big deal but not as effective as it could be due to the fact that I don't see anyone using magic potions to maximise this. Also, you always have a passive magic bonus that scales with your magic level. So, regardless, if you're standing with absolutely nothing on and are being maged against, you have a much much higher chance to be splashed against vs someone in the same boat but with only 1 magic.

The max hit for Barrage is fine.
It's supposed to be capped at 30 standard.
64bc76da5296466fb97dd72280424737.png

The way this max hit increases are through equipment bonuses that increase magical DAMAGE instead of accuracy.

The items that do this are: Occult Necklace. (10%)
                                       Staff of the Dead. (15%) [Although this bonus doesn't show in the equipment screen] http://prntscr.com/dl8bot
                                       Tormented Bracelet. (5%)

1136163cf49343fbb104076943e0d781.png

These are additive instead of multiplicative, and therefore with all of these items on the max hit of barrage increases to 39.

I hope that this has cleared things up for you. 
The only reason that you could argue that you would splash less on OSRS is because of the simple fact that everyone isn't running around with 99 magic taking advantage of the massive passive bonus it provides with it.

Edited by Fancy Boots
  • Upvote 4
3 hours ago, Fancy Boots said:

I personally think mage is fine. 
It's always been an iffy skill to use, especially against range gear like quoted above. Besides, usually when people are in high-tier gear they'll often have a positive mage defence, albeit slight. 

e9e36ddfff814242a439a21f64e6fa62.png

Mystic Might only increases the accuracy of the cast by 15%, which is a big deal but not as effective as it could be due to the fact that I don't see anyone using magic potions to maximise this. Also, you always have a passive magic bonus that scales with your magic level. So, regardless, if you're standing with absolutely nothing on and are being maged against, you have a much much higher chance to be splashed against vs someone in the same boat but with only 1 magic.

The max hit for Barrage is fine.
It's supposed to be capped at 30 standard.
64bc76da5296466fb97dd72280424737.png

The way this max hit increases are through equipment bonuses that increase magical DAMAGE instead of accuracy.

The items that do this are: Occult Necklace. (10%)
                                       Staff of the Dead. (15%) [Although this bonus doesn't show in the equipment screen] http://prntscr.com/dl8bot
                                       Tormented Bracelet. (5%)

1136163cf49343fbb104076943e0d781.png

These are additive instead of multiplicative, and therefore with all of these items on the max hit of barrage increases to 39.

I hope that this has cleared things up for you. 
The only reason that you could argue that you would splash less on OSRS is because of the simple fact that everyone isn't running around with 99 magic taking advantage of the massive passive bonus it provides with it.

No, when you splash 5-6 times in a row on full torags pretty frequently you know it's not correct.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Smackd said:

No, when you splash 5-6 times in a row on full torags pretty frequently you know it's not correct.

Has never happened to me.

I got five 200 xp drop barrages in a row on mystics, what do we call that? Too accurate? Didn't even have Seers ring or Eternals. I agree with Fancy Boots I personally think it's ok.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Fancy Boots said:

Mystic Might only increases the accuracy of the cast by 15%, which is a big deal but not as effective as it could be due to the fact that I don't see anyone using magic potions to maximise this.

i use to use mage pots back wen they took u to lvl 112 magic but not worth it anymore cos only take u to lvl 103

also i think we shud add augury prayer which increases magic accuray by 20%