Ranger boots and god dhide boots

No support.

I think that's a step too far, considering the minor difference to ranged bonus barely makes a difference to accuracy and no difference to max hit.

For magic every little bonus matters more because it's not just used to damage but it's also critical to catch freeze/TB so the Infinity boots situation is acceptable.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, PK Guy said:

No support.

I think that's a step too far, considering the minor difference to ranged bonus barely makes a difference to accuracy and no difference to max hit.

For magic every little bonus matters more because it's not just used to damage but it's also critical to catch freeze/TB so the Infinity boots situation is acceptable.

Then why is a 20m+ item on OSRS spawnable, but the upgraded version which offers barely any difference in bonuses cost 750pkp?

7 minutes ago, Fancy Boots said:

Then why is a 20m+ item on OSRS spawnable, but the upgraded version which offers barely any difference in bonuses cost 750pkp?

They're 20M+ on OSRS because they are harder to acquire (random clue scroll reward) and B-I-S for pures - maybe the only Range bonus boots for pures, I think. When compared to their counterparts from other combat skills:  Magic (Infinity boots) and Melee (Dragon boots), those prices are much, much lower due to them being somewhat easier to get. Since the economy of OSRS is nothing like Rpkz, mentioning the price doesn't really matter at all. Going by your logic why is 3rd Age Longsword 1 bil+ on OSRS (most valuable item?) and only 10-15k on here? (Don't answer that!)

IMO the reason Ranger boots are still spawnable here is because people at ::brid have no use for them, and they are the ones that primarily argued the case to get Barrows/Bandos/AGS/G-Maul to be made unspawnable. Affliction told me there is plans to add Rangers' tunic, which he wants to put into the Pk shop, (personally I disagree). What next, Robin hood hat unspawnable too? Might as well just PK on RS if I'm forced to use welfare shit LOL

BTW, your use of "barely any difference" is not quite the same as mine. I was commenting on how God d'hide boots are only 1 bonus lower than Ranger boots (and I just found out they require 40 defence to use too). Whereas the difference between Ranger boots and Pegasian boots is 4, and they require 75 defence. Still over-priced at 750 Pkp but I can see why they aren't spawnable. If people pay a lot for a ring that gives only 4 bonus, it makes sense they will pay a lot for shoes that have the same increase in bonus too.

I gave my position on whether I support or no. Already wrote too much, no point me justifying my choice, nobody listens to a nooby Edge pker like me anyway.

• Upvote 1