Wilderness Slayer

After seeing the new 07 update of wilderness slayer tasks, I thought something like this could be implemented into roat.

If we are to ever actually receive a new client, a slayer npc could assign tasks for things in the wilderness. The task could vary from quite a lot of an easily killed npc (such as magic axes or pirates) to only few of the more challenging bosses (like Callisto or something if the client and updates come).

Npc's assigned could have chances of dropping small amounts of pkt, because:

a) makes all tasks worthwhile, not only bosses

b) pkt can't be protected so would be a risk and incentive for pkers.

After completing a task, a player could be rewarded with extra pkt and this could be increased by a multiplying factor, by the number of tasks completed in a row without skipping (like slayer points on osrs). 

Slayer points could also be rewarded perhaps. 

Slayer points could firstly be used to unlock perks like on 07 such as a slayer helm. Another idea is that they could be used to buy the ability to choose your obelisk teleport locations (like 07 wildy diaries). However perks like these could be used for donors/super donors.

Slayer points could secondly be used for slayer mystery packages. Could contain pk items, slayer points, rares etc but tbf not a fan of packages myself.

Thoughts, as I think this would increase wildy activity (alongside the new client hopefully upping the playerbase a bit).

PS: my idea doesn't actually include slayer actually being a skill you level

Edited by GORILLAS
  • Upvote 2
8 minutes ago, GORILLAS said:

After seeing the new 07 update of wilderness slayer tasks, I thought something like this could be implemented into roat.

If we are to ever actually receive a new client, a slayer npc could assign tasks for things in the wilderness. The task could vary from quite a lot of an easily killed npc (such as magic axes or pirates) to only few of the more challenging bosses (like Callisto or something if the client and updates come).

Npc's assigned could have chances of dropping small amounts of pkt, because:

a) makes all tasks worthwhile, not only bosses

b) pkt can't be protected so would be a risk and incentive for pkers.

After completing a task, a player could be rewarded with extra pkt and this could be increased by a multiplying factor, by the number of tasks completed in a row without skipping (like slayer points on osrs). 

Slayer points could also be rewarded perhaps. 

Slayer points could firstly be used to unlock perks like on 07 such as a slayer helm. Another great idea is that they could be used to buy the ability to choose your obelisk teleport locations (like 07 wildy diaries). However perks like these could be used for donors/super donors.

Slayer points could secondly be used for slayer mystery packages. Could contain pk items, slayer points, rares etc but tbf not a fan of packages myself.

Thoughts?

no if you want that  go play 07 what we need is the new client

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

Did you read it or not? I said from the start how the whole idea is based on if we got the new client.

12 minutes ago, GORILLAS said:

If we are to ever actually receive a new client

(like Callisto or something if the client and updates come).

I'll appreciate actual feedback and people don't have to agree but if you are gonna just ignore the context don't reply

Edited by GORILLAS
3 minutes ago, GORILLAS said:

Did you read it or not? I said from the start how the whole idea is based on if we got the new client.

I'll appreciate actual feedback and people don't have to agree but if you are gonna just ignore the whole point don't reply retardadly

are you dumb look what you suggesting slayer= wildy tasks soo u can get reward pkp items or pkp? and gorillas kbd roat champ WHAT THEY DROP NOTHING? DUMB FUCK 

what is the point they alredy said that on new client its gonna have bosses so they gonna drop pkp items ofc dont be retarded the only  ting that could work its the points but the rewards u suggest are stupid the only worth it rewards are prayer scrolls for augury and rigour but they should add those to cw when they fix it

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, sophia said:

are you dumb look what you suggesting slayer= wildy tasks soo u can get reward pkp items or pkp? and gorillas kbd roat champ WHAT THEY DROP NOTHING? DUMB FUCK 

These current wildy npc's would be put into the tasks? More activity as more incentive to kill them?

6 minutes ago, sophia said:

what is the point they alredy said that on new client its gonna have bosses so they gonna drop pkp items ofc dont be retarded the only  ting that could work its the points but the rewards u suggest are stupid the only worth it rewards are prayer scrolls for augury and rigour but they should add those to cw when they fix it

The prayer scroll suggestion is actually decent ty. And even tho the bosses will drop things, the idea would make MORE areas of the wildy active and also the bosses even MORE appealing to kill as you would receive rewards even if you were on a drystreak of drops. It also adds variety to people who kill wildy npc's which I don't see an issue with. 

You seem to be pretty unnecessarily angry idk why

30 minutes ago, sophia said:

Stop flaming jezz, why u so tilted hombre hes making a suggestion, and me like it 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, HICK0RY said:

would rather just do wildy slayer on rs

i personally wouldnt waste my time pvming on a pserver 

Yeye igy but from my pov I would want this implemented not to actually to do the slayer but to promote inactivity in the wild.

Edited by GORILLAS
19 hours ago, sophia said:

6 hours ago, HICK0RY said:

would rather just do wildy slayer on rs

i personally wouldnt waste my time pvming on a pserver 

1 hour ago, Eco Wiper said:

I agree, it's a PK server, why would anyone even PVM on it in the first place. Lol'd.

dumbasses no1 is saying you have to pvm. If you don't wanna do gorillas or kbd do you do it now? You're supposed to look at it from the servers prospective not your own because you (as in no1 in particular) don't matter if the server is being benefited beyond you

I support this because as others said I wouldn't do slayer (I have 25 slayer on rs lol) but I could see this adding an extra element to the server/in the wilderness that we need. I think that of course the new client should be priority A, but once the combat is worked on after the client release this should be the next priority

Edited by Kihfan55
  • Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Kihfan55 said:

dumbasses no1 is saying you have to pvm. If you don't wanna do gorillas or kbd do you do it now? You're supposed to look at it from the servers prospective not your own because you (as in no1 in particular) don't matter if the server is being benefited beyond you

I support this because as others said I wouldn't do slayer (I have 25 slayer on rs lol) but I could see this adding an extra element to the server/in the wilderness that we need. I think that of course the new client should be priority A, but once the combat is worked on after the client release this should be the next priority

Literally summed up how I was looking at this perfectly. Agree with everything said. Client and combat priority and this isn't just for pvm'ers but for activity