reasons why u hate rock music / think rap music is better

2 hours ago, Zoradz said:

I agree, my parents said that when I was 13. Now almost 10 years later still listening.
I have opened a lot of my genre taste since though and can comfortably listen to most music. Especially rap.

i'm the same really. I can listen to any genre, as long as the songs are English and not bad.

1 hour ago, Why Gg said:

lol go cut urself retard

bc everybody that listens to metal is like that.. lmao, that's not even metal, that's screamo stuff. Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, all them shitey peeps.

25 minutes ago, Harley said:

i'm the same really. I can listen to any genre, as long as the songs are English and not bad.

bc everybody that listens to metal is like that.. lmao, that's not even metal, that's screamo stuff. Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria, all them shitey peeps.

Well new BMTH is good (Sempiternal, That's The Spirit), I also do enjoy Count Your Blessings which was more of their death core album, but that's just me personally. Also AA has never really been a good band with entire scene kid thing (like Hollywood Undead) but if i were to compare Danny's voice from 2009-2014 Id say he has improved a lot as a musician.

the ppl who made the vid are a turn off due 2 how much they resemble the typical punk homo that every1 that listens to rock on the low (such as myself) despise. 

i started enjoying rock in 2008ish (intertwined with me starting to watch rs vids -go figure) and prior to that I thought that people listened 2 it were weird and the music was weird

I think i always secretly enjoyed it even prior to my admittance of liking it personally lol, but I still don't publically say I listen 2 it bcus people would think I was weird

These are the 2 songs that got me listening 2 it, both emo af luckily i never went through an emo phase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maegfdXYQZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMxU2ToSunYSunY

2 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

the ppl who made the vid are a turn off due 2 how much they resemble the typical punk homo that every1 that listens to rock on the low (such as myself) despise. 

i started enjoying rock in 2008ish (intertwined with me starting to watch rs vids -go figure) and prior to that I thought that people listened 2 it were weird and the music was weird

I think i always secretly enjoyed it even prior to my admittance of liking it personally lol, but I still don't publically say I listen 2 it bcus people would think I was weird

These are the 2 songs that got me listening 2 it, both emo af luckily i never went through an emo phase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maegfdXYQZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMxU2ToSunYSunY

Yeah I see what you're saying its just confusing when a lot of people say how rap music you hear on the radio is a million times better than any rock music that you hear, when in my opinion rap isn't actually talent it's just someone rhyming words cleverly with a beat in the background. Also that first song sounds like a song straight out of "Pwnd ags pk vid 1" from 2008 and miss murder isn't too bad of a song I liked it when I was younger but got tired of it

12 minutes ago, King Lee said:

Yeah I see what you're saying its just confusing when a lot of people say how rap music you hear on the radio is a million times better than any rock music that you hear, when in my opinion rap isn't actually talent it's just someone rhyming words cleverly with a beat in the background. Also that first song sounds like a song straight out of "Pwnd ags pk vid 1" from 2008 and miss murder isn't too bad of a song I liked it when I was younger but got tired of it

Ik what you mean but I think it's just different outlets of creativity. I think what ur describing is the typical point of view of some1 who only likes rock but if u really think about it, how many people from each background of society can do each others creative outlet. To not make this into a race war (lol), let's just go with economic and social classes

Would u ever see someone with no money from a single parent household along with *insert the 100 other generic rap artist traits* making rock music?
On the other hand, would you ever see someone from a somewhat wealthy home, -PERHAPS- neglected, able to afford instruments in order to make good music, along with sick vocals making rap music? 

I think the 2 are just outlets. U will always have outlayers like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMcprFxRl3Y - black lead singer

Eminem, etc etc etc

Edited by Kihfan55
1 hour ago, Kihfan55 said:

Ik what you mean but I think it's just different outlets of creativity. I think what ur describing is the typical point of view of some1 who only likes rock but if u really think about it, how many people from each background of society can do each others creative outlet. To not make this into a race war (lol), let's just go with economic and social classes

Would u ever see someone with no money from a single parent household along with *insert the 100 other generic rap artist traits* making rock music?
On the other hand, would you ever see someone from a somewhat wealthy home, -PERHAPS- neglected, able to afford instruments in order to make good music, along with sick vocals making rap music? 

I think the 2 are just outlets. U will always have outlayers like these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMcprFxRl3Y - black lead singer

Eminem, etc etc etc

You have a very strong point in terms of all of that its just that listening to older rappers (like Eminem, for example) they would talk about how hard life really was when they were going through their roughest moments but nowadays if I were to listen to any mainstream rapper these would be there lyrics that would come up. "All of my luggage is Louie V, I swear to God, nigga
All of my bitches be scared of me, I put that rod in 'em
All of them bitches actin' thoughtless, I disregard 'em
All of them bitches actin' holy, ain't got no God in 'em
I can teach a lil nigga somethin', like a preacher
I can take his ass church fresh as hell, no Easter
I can make his ass burp like a baby without no hiccup".

This is about any typical rap song I google and its just kind of useless to be honest, I mean maybe in a sense of it being "fun" music it might be enjoyable, but how many people are going to have legitimate arguments saying this is real music when it's senseless, ignorant garbage. Also I do like the fact you used Howard jones from killswitch as an example, he did not have the hardest life as any typical rapper would, aside from being from Southampton England and being the oldest of three brothers and having basic responsibilities, but yes you're right that he two different lifestyles could dramatically change the way you come around to your music taste.

36 minutes ago, King Lee said:

You have a very strong point in terms of all of that its just that listening to older rappers (like Eminem, for example) they would talk about how hard life really was when they were going through their roughest moments but nowadays if I were to listen to any mainstream rapper these would be there lyrics that would come up. "All of my luggage is Louie V, I swear to God, nigga
All of my bitches be scared of me, I put that rod in 'em
All of them bitches actin' thoughtless, I disregard 'em
All of them bitches actin' holy, ain't got no God in 'em
I can teach a lil nigga somethin', like a preacher
I can take his ass church fresh as hell, no Easter
I can make his ass burp like a baby without no hiccup".

This is about any typical rap song I google and its just kind of useless to be honest, I mean maybe in a sense of it being "fun" music it might be enjoyable, but how many people are going to have legitimate arguments saying this is real music when it's senseless, ignorant garbage. Also I do like the fact you used Howard jones from killswitch as an example, he did not have the hardest life as any typical rapper would, aside from being from Southampton England and being the oldest of three brothers and having basic responsibilities, but yes you're right that he two different lifestyles could dramatically change the way you come around to your music taste.

But that's just what the gays that say swag listen to, you gotta listen to j Cole, kendrick Lamar, Eminem etc to seenjfyou actually like rap or not.

i can listen and enjoy quite a few genres of music but I can't enjoy listening to rock music at all, any kind of rock. 

Some rap is shit, for example people like lil Wayne who in my opinion is wank, if what they say doesn't ever make sense the I think they are shit. Anyone can make something that makes no sense rhyme.

You just gotta listen to the right people, sometimes not the mainstream ones

Edited by Xbrzh
55 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

But that's just what the gays that say swag listen to, you gotta listen to j Cole, kendrick Lamar, Eminem etc to seenjfyou actually like rap or not.

i can listen and enjoy quite a few genres of music but I can't enjoy listening to rock music at all, any kind of rock. 

Some rap is shit, for example people like lil Wayne who in my opinion is wank, if what they say doesn't ever make sense the I think they are shit. Anyone can make something that makes no sense rhyme.

You just gotta listen to the right people, sometimes not the mainstream ones

Kendrick Lamar lyrics : These hoes want to love me mayne
So I'm like, what up? Uh what up?
Uh, bitch I do this remix stupid, fire burning, people looting
That's the chaos, comes from K. Dot swinging swords and hanging nooses
Chunking deuces, then drop one, dropping music and I won
Call me hot or call me Pac, every eye on me and it's obviously
I'm close as next to kingdom come, I just run my city dude
You just make your city run, they hate to be next to you
Tables turn, say you earn rights to be the God MC

nothing different 

4 hours ago, King Lee said:

nothing different 

What Kendrick Lamar song did you get those lyrics from?? He's not typically like that lmao. You not listening to the right type of K.Dot if those are the lyrics you're looking at.

Only a few of his songs are like that tbh, and the only song i can think of is Swimming Pools.

Try listening to A.D.H.D, Alright, The Art Of Peer Pressure, Cartoon & Cereal, Hood Politics, and The Blacker The Berry. Throw King Kunta in there as well.

Well new BMTH is good (Sempiternal, That's The Spirit), I also do enjoy Count Your Blessings which was more of their death core album, but that's just me personally. Also AA has never really been a good band with entire scene kid thing (like Hollywood Undead) but if i were to compare Danny's voice from 2009-2014 Id say he has improved a lot as a musician.

I only listen to a few BMTH songs. Those being Sleepwalking (fav), Go To Hell For Heaven's Sake and Can You Feel My Heart.

You should know that The Amity Affliction is my fav band, not bc they're Aussie (it helps), but they've got actually got a good contrast with Joel as the screaming vocalist and Ahren as the singer.

Edited by Harley
3 hours ago, King Lee said:

nothing different