STOP DONATING

retards who are still donating to this dumb cunt gretar need to stop so he actually fixes the fucking game, I'm at easts 6waying and prayer switching faster than two wayers but still get outhit, the game makes no sense and is too broken to play. people need to stop fucking donating to this shit game.

I could make an hour long video of all the cancer in roat but theres no point considering nothing will be fixed unless the money starts coming in

The game isn't broken, the issue you're facing in the video is that protection prayers are not instantly activated (despite visual head icons appearing) so that hit leaked through without damage reduction. The most common cases of this situation is high hitting AGS through melee protection -- because it was activated too late. The current prayer system is not really viable for NH fights, I'd agree with that... then again I never liked NH so doesn't bother me. I want a custom so yeh.. donating lel (btw no idea how I got S.donator rank on forum, I never requested it or revealed my username/email on this forum!)

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Game Support II said:

The game isn't broken, the issue you're facing in the video is that protection prayers are not instantly activated (despite visual head icons appearing) so that hit leaked through without damage reduction. The most common cases of this situation is high hitting AGS through melee protection -- because it was activated too late. The current prayer system is not really viable for NH fights, I'd agree with that... then again I never liked NH so doesn't bother me. I want a custom so yeh.. donating lel (btw no idea how I got S.donator rank on forum, I never requested it or revealed my username/email on this forum!)

the game is broken, when I'm 5waying into tassy fcape d def kharil top whip hitting someone with mage prayer and kharil top ahrim legs and avas on and hit 0 then they hit me with a whip at the same time in that gear then hit a 20 on my prayer.

idc if you want to believe me but the shitter you are the harder you hit on this game and that is true

Edited by Xbrzh
4 minutes ago, Game Support II said:

People like you who donate rediculous amounts of irl money for a pixel hat make him do nothing on the shit that actually matters.

10 minutes ago, Game Support II said:

irrelevant

22 minutes ago, deez nutspk said:

nice admins we got also, like what u are, 13? YEAH LET ME THINK BAN ME FOR TELLING FACTS!!!!... this is the fucking adminstrator, bitching for reg players about that the server is fine.... fuck u fucking retard i hope u get demoted

u have only been playing for 9hrs and u have broken several rules =]:kappa:

59 minutes ago, Kevin said:

People like you who donate rediculous amounts of irl money for a pixel hat make him do nothing on the shit that actually matters.

What.. you mean people like me who ensure this server stays online for years like it has? I've seen so many servers over the years fail to gain a decent player base, which usually crash and burn in LESS than a year- seriously look up RSPS server adverts from a year ago and do the math, over 90% are no longer online. Donators make sure not only are server/website costs covered but enough change left over to give G some income so he doesn't have to work overtime in a shitty job scrubbing someones toilet somewhere! 

Face it, we're are not stopping him from fixing shit YOU care about, if anything we're giving him the opportunity to do it. He doesn't have to worry about paying the bills, so he has more time to work on the server, is that not logical? Heck he should get EVEN MORE donations and then RE-INVEST this income on some experienced developers who can improve the current server and then add lots more cool shit. I have lots of suggestions swimming in my mind for this game and one day I will probably post them.

56 minutes ago, Why Gg said:

irrelevant

Ironically, also irrelevant... If you really must post at least say something worthwhile instead of being a hypocritical douche. :S

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Game Support II said:

What.. you mean people like me who ensure this server stays online for years like it has? I've seen so many servers over the years fail to gain a decent player base, which usually crash and burn in LESS than a year- seriously look up RSPS server adverts from a year ago and do the math, over 90% are no longer online. Donators make sure not only are server/website costs covered but enough change left over to give G some income so he doesn't have to work overtime in a shitty job scrubbing someones toilet somewhere! 

Face it, we're are not stopping him from fixing shit YOU care about, if anything we're giving him the opportunity to do it. He doesn't have to worry about paying the bills, so he has more time to work on the server, is that not logical? Heck he should get EVEN MORE donations and then RE-INVEST this income on some experienced developers who can improve the current server and then add lots more cool shit. I have lots of suggestions swimming in my mind for this game and one day I will probably post them.

With a combat system like this on a PKING server it might aswell close.

10 minutes ago, Game Support II said:

Ironically, also irrelevant... If you really must post at least say something worthwhile instead of being a hypocritical douche. :S

rofl idk if you are being a troll or not. gretar is doing nothing for the server apart from these small updates, the combat has been broken for years but since gretar is still making money he sees no need to fix it.

1 minute ago, Kevin said:

With a combat system like this on a PKING server it might aswell close.

Kevin, do you personally dislike the combat system so much? Or are you jumping on the bandwagon just to fit in with the 'cool' crowd? Idk everyone in Meridian (or the other brids), I don't really keep that much tabs on players and people change accounts/names so much I have no idea who is who anymore. Anyway, the point I'm trying to get to is that you are a veteran on this server, has the combat system always been really bad or was it some recent update that ruined it for you? And despite this "bad combat", the server still has a good player active player base so obviously it shouldn't close. I've tried other RSPS and never found one I enjoy as much as this.

Can you, and anyone else who hates this server/combat/owner so much tell me why you still play this server if it's so terrible? Is there no better alternative? Because all you guys do is complain complain complain when you could just be grateful for what we have, surely the good times outweigh the bad! :)

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Game Support II said:

Kevin, do you personally dislike the combat system so much? Or are you jumping on the bandwagon just to fit in with the 'cool' crowd? Idk everyone in Meridian (or the other brids), I don't really keep that much tabs on players and people change accounts/names so much I have no idea who is who anymore. Anyway, the point I'm trying to get to is that you are a veteran on this server, has the combat system always been really bad or was it some recent update that ruined it for you? And despite this "bad combat", the server still has a good player active player base so obviously it shouldn't close. I've tried other RSPS and never found one I enjoy as much as this.

Can you, and anyone else who hates this server/combat/owner so much tell me why you still play this server if it's so terrible? Is there no better alternative? Because all you guys do is complain complain complain when you could just be grateful for what we have, surely the good times outweigh the bad! :)

only play this server for the beef and m8s I have, tbh forums are more fun than actually playing the cancer

8 minutes ago, Game Support II said:

No way dude, you're so knowledgeable! You've seen soooooooo many of the thousands of server there have been fail to a gain decent player base?? You're so unique! Nobody else has seen that! 

=================================================

Back in 2011 when this server began, it was 0% hybridding and all edge pkers/stakers. There wasn't a want or a need for the server to improve. Gretar was basically making a lot of money without having to do anything. Starting in 2012, hybridding was becoming more of the rage on private servers, and the need for an improved server was growing. People even started making hybridding videos to show the server off to other potential hybrids that would join.

But 2013 was the year that roatpkz definitely needed to start showing ANY improvement. The server peaked at around 300 players during the summer, a lot of them being hybrids. Unfortunately, from 2011-2014 there was absolutely no change in the combat/gear/items. 

This server sat dormant as Gretar collected a paycheck. There wasn't a single update related to any sort of improvement in content for 3 straight years. You could honestly make the case there wasn't any real updates until 2015, frankly even before the last 6 months. 

If Gretar made an update a month since 2011, or even made any effort in its first 3 years of existence, Roatpkz may be worthy of any notoriety, but it's just a bad game all together.

Bad combat - Horrible formulas, incorrect delays, all the timers are wrong, cb triangle and items are unbalanced
Horrible Eco - Constructed horrifically, too many rares > not enough pkp
Horrible staff till 2015
Community is toxic ridden, -20 people who actively post on the forums/give this server any substance. -I'm still of the belief this community will never be how great it was in 2014. The server has improved drastically but that's still the best community ever

Gretar can do so much, but he just won't. Couple of updates in the last week, okay, but will the big fixes ever get done?

Also- I'm pretty sure Gretar was so content with being lazy and getting paid to be lazy from 2011-2014, that's why he's so reluctant to do anything now. 

7 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

rofl idk if you are being a troll or not. gretar is doing nothing for the server apart from these small updates, the combat has been broken for years but since gretar is still making money he sees no need to fix it.

Firstly, I'm not trolling at all, I'm trying to have a serious dialogue with you guys, the funny sections are further down the forums I believe. 

Secondly, your comments re: Gretar, I think that's unfair. Especially within the last year or so, he has been more active than he used to be in years gone by. With the return of OSRS, people are remembering RS again, and by extension oldschool RSPS too, it makes sense to go with the flow. He is taking on feedback and trying to slowly claw his way back to bringing the server up to the standard you guys have come to expect. You're overlooking this:

10th Jan: New mage formula, ranged strength added, corrected timing for range/mage hits, full combat system re-write

Not to mention giving brids their own place, adding in new OSRS items for them, and constantly doing little 'tweaks' to improve your experience and lots more. IDK if it's possible to make everyone happy, but I'm not a killjoy, I would play the server regardless of how the combat system is so if you're wanting more done to it then I'm not against it. All I stated was it wasn't broken (for me) and you guys think I'm either flaming or trolling. 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Game Support II said:

Firstly, I'm not trolling at all, I'm trying to have a serious dialogue with you guys, the funny sections are further down the forums I believe. 

Secondly, your comments re: Gretar, I think that's unfair. Especially within the last year or so, he has been more active than he used to be in years gone by. With the return of OSRS, people are remembering RS again, and by extension oldschool RSPS too, it makes sense to go with the flow. He is taking on feedback and trying to slowly claw his way back to bringing the server up to the standard you guys have come to expect. You're overlooking this:

10th Jan: New mage formula, ranged strength added, corrected timing for range/mage hits, full combat system re-write

Not to mention giving brids their own place, adding in new OSRS items for them, and constantly doing little 'tweaks' to improve your experience and lots more. IDK if it's possible to make everyone happy, but I'm not a killjoy, I would play the server regardless of how the combat system is so if you're wanting more done to it then I'm not against it. All I stated was it wasn't broken (for me) and you guys think I'm either flaming or trolling. 

alright lol, the game is fucking broken okay? andd umm yeah the 'full combat system re-write' didn't do shit tbh its still the same arabic shit :D only reason that people who are intellegent in some way play for is banter, those people inc. myself play it, not because the game itself its fun, but the fact that i don't even know its just so big of a joke that its fun, you know it when you feel it. And for me aswell it feels like ur either trolling or just fucking retarded lol. Sorry for being cancerous and 4ner

1 hour ago, Game Support II said:

the truth is they cant compete on osrs or handle the challenging lvling system/economy even tho its about 3x as easy as it was in actual 2007 and since ppl are experienced they can do it alot faster too

37 minutes ago, Game Support II said:

you're the kind of person who says "be patient" when someones asks why the combat is still broken, gretar has done some updates in the past couple weeks, yes, but he has not updated the combat which has been needed most.He may have said he "completely re wrote the combat" but I'm pretty sure he didn't, even if he did it is still terrible.

the server has been up long enough to be a good standard, hes had olenty of time to take on feedback. the fact is he doesn't care about the server which is what my point was from this whole thing, you may not think there is a problem with the server but 90% of the server do, meaning people will start to quit, community will continue to die and people wont join, whether you like it or not roat is dying and if gretar doesn't fix his shit itll be gone.

1 hour ago, Shqip Lmfao said:

How much money did he made with this server? over 100k?

well Gretars gone ferrari shopping atm

@Xbrzh stop teling ppl not 2 donate jus cos ur 2 poor irl and hav to play off Omars neighbours wifi dont tel us how to spend our money

we donate we stake, get cleaned and repeat

Edited by Ahmash
  • Upvote 1

Is Xbrzh talking about the lag Waves? Not more than 3 mins at Edge doing some pure pking and the lag will kill me. I always have to relog or Tele away from the spot. And no, its not my Internet or my iMac. I live in switzerland and we have the fastest Internet in the World i think, i even have the most expansive one ( UPC-Cablecom) + a Mac and i still lagg in edge.