A few suggestions from ya boy 32014

Suggestions

I have a few suggestions that I feel would make the server more active, attract new people, and ultimately attract people to the hybridding part of the community. Which I feel is made up of our veteran members of the community.

1. Max capes. I think Max capes should be added because they have been implemented on OSRS. Since there is no way to max we could have a kill count to determine which max cape you get. Perhaps, 10k kills would get you the "plain-jane" max cape, then, each additional 1k kills would allow you to combine god capes, avas to max cape as a reward for reaching those kill counts. Currently there is not a reward for getting kills past 1k, long time members need a reason to stick around and continue grinding.

getdem.png

2. Instead of having "brid zone" or changing "brid zone to "wests", why not instead implement the "brid zone" in the same way osrs does it. Just create a separate instance of edgeville and treat it like a pvp world, add the same features as the brid zone. I think this area would be alot more attractive to brids and it would have the same features that noobs and veteran hybrids admire about the brid zone.(Close bank, people afking in the brid zone so it appears there is a population there that is bridding, unlike ::wests where you tele in see no one then tele out, i believe was the primary issue with that being "brid zone".) In turn, I think it would make bridding areas more active and possible attract new people to the community as this is not a very common feature amoungst RSPS's.

edgy.jpg

I hope these suggestions are at least considered. I know fixing items and the combat system is the priority. However, I feel that these features wouldn't be too difficult to implement and it would benefit the community in the mean time to crank out these updates then focus on the long term development of the code base. Please leave further suggestions, feedback, or "constructive" criticism of my ideas.

`Thank you all!`

Edited by 32014
  • Upvote 7

1. Rumor is that Gretar is releasing a cape for 10k kills, more information might be disclosed soon.

2. That idea is basically implementing a PK world that we don't need, because we can just walk 10 extra paces north and pk in edgeville, and we already have ::oldbrid, so why even bother adding new zones like this? I like your idea though, but a lot of players tend to disagree.

2 hours ago, Ali said:

1). Why not?

2). YES PLEASE. REMOVE OLDBRID, WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO BRID AT KBD? NOBODY. 

@eliza we would need that world? or atleast us brids would.

Yes to capes. 

No to Edge bridding.  You're just going to cry so I'll change to "Don't care about brid zone, won't be using it."

I don't see why the KBD room is continually brought up as a problem. Location is irrelevant, only thing that should matter is the fights. That's sort of like saying "who wants to Pk at Champions Guild (Fun Pk) / Lleyta (Risk) /Games Room (Multi Fun) etc etc." It's a RSPS - customizing everything is what it's all about.  You have a nice open expanse there and a bank area to "AFK" in as the OP suggested. Why do you want a cluttered area instead? If so, Gretar can just through a few more obstacles in old brid. That's a really nice PK box and I'd prefer that place myself -- except I don't go there much because I don't like to mage/melee brid. The only reason to move would be if the KBD actually gets added.
  • Upvote 1

ive been thinking about the capes dint want them at first but i think its a good idea to motivate ppl to get more kills on 1 account but since ther is only like 40 players with 10k kills and only 15 of them active it wudnt be fair or make sense

its better to make the standard cape require 5k kills then after that every 1k kills upgrade

about changing the brid zone to edgeville is pointless since its gona be the same rules jus different area of the map, i prefer the kbd lair its a plain and simple place and any1 who dislikes it can brid at wests or easts

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, and to those responding there is no difference I have to respectfully disagree. Hugging trees and around buildings is a big part of OSRS, I think its a new aspect to bridding and I would love if these things can be practiced on Roatpkz. I also think it gives hybridding a more authentic feel. 

6 hours ago, Ahmash said:

ive been thinking about the capes dint want them at first but i think its a good idea to motivate ppl to get more kills on 1 account but since ther is only like 40 players with 10k kills and only 15 of them active it wudnt be fair or make sense

its better to make the standard cape require 5k kills then after that every 1k kills upgrade

about changing the brid zone to edgeville is pointless since its gona be the same rules jus different area of the map, i prefer the kbd lair its a plain and simple place and any1 who dislikes it can brid at wests or easts

18 hours ago, Game Support II said:

Yes to capes. 

No to Edge bridding.  You're just going to cry so I'll change to "Don't care about brid zone, won't be using it."

Hide contents

I don't see why the KBD room is continually brought up as a problem. Location is irrelevant, only thing that should matter is the fights. That's sort of like saying "who wants to Pk at Champions Guild (Fun Pk) / Lleyta (Risk) /Games Room (Multi Fun) etc etc." It's a RSPS - customizing everything is what it's all about.  You have a nice open expanse there and a bank area to "AFK" in as the OP suggested. Why do you want a cluttered area instead? If so, Gretar can just through a few more obstacles in old brid. That's a really nice PK box and I'd prefer that place myself -- except I don't go there much because I don't like to mage/melee brid. The only reason to move would be if the KBD actually gets added.

Reveal hidden contents

22 hours ago, Elizathepat (2) said:

1. Rumor is that Gretar is releasing a cape for 10k kills, more information might be disclosed soon.

2. That idea is basically implementing a PK world that we don't need, because we can just walk 10 extra paces north and pk in edgeville, and we already have ::oldbrid, so why even bother adding new zones like this? I like your idea though, but a lot of players tend to disagree.

15 hours ago, Yoobs said:

1) Yes agreed
2) Would just end up exactly like ::wests and ::oldbrid no one would use it because they would rather go to ::oldbrid

@Yoobs I explained why I think people prefer ::oldbrid so much though. It's because 1. you can afk there and 2. with places like ::wests you tele in see no one so you immediately tele out and think people are at the other brid zone. I think another primary appeal of ::oldbrid is that there is a bank and altar right there--as well as you can see how many people are bridding. With an instance of edgeville pvp world all those things are available, it has the same appeal as ::oldbrid. However, the difference is edgeville pvp world is the identical place people go to brid on OSRS. New staples of bridding that have developed in the main game(using trees and buildings as obstacles, hugging corners) would be available to players who really want the look and feel of an 07 server. This may seem like a minute point--however I think it is very important to the game. I beg you to reconsider and ask Gretar to read this post/ or speak to him about it.