R.I.P #Ali

africans

9 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

people haven't thought about ali for years maybe their whole life and now hes died everyones obsessed, happens everytime someone like him dies. I get its to show respect but 99% are not bothered at all.

When u die ill remember u

1 hour ago, Xbrzh said:

people haven't thought about ali for years maybe their whole life and now hes died everyones obsessed, happens everytime someone like him dies. I get its to show respect but 99% are not bothered at all.

Idk i mean I'm sure everyone heard about him growing up and stuff but nobody really cares, unless they were a boxing fan.

i like to box children on a rocky balboa ting

12 hours ago, Xbrzh said:

That's because none of us were alive when he was in his prime. All we knew of him is what we've heard over the years, some old footage and a below-par Will Smith movie (haven't watched, seen some reviews). But apparently he was not "just a boxer" but a very intelligent and well spoken person outside the ring, and that's what made him great to so many people of his generation. Just watch some of his interviews and you'll see.

But anyway,  I see your point, every time someone famous dies they are brought back to the limelight for a couple of days, which is understandable, but I'll never understand how it's blown out of proportion. I'm an anti-social guy - that means I don't use social media, but I still hear of twitter trends, facebook profiles, people changing their pics to dead celebrities, etc. Why invest so much time caring about an old man who died after living with a degenerative disease for decades, when millions of people die every day and you don't bat an eyelid? He's been in my thoughts for 5 mins tops and not a minute longer, unless I get a personal invite to his funeral! Yeesh, glad I'm misanthropic. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Game Support II said:

That's because none of us were alive when he was in his prime. All we knew of him is what we've heard over the years, some old footage and a below-par Will Smith movie (haven't watched, seen some reviews). But apparently he was not "just a boxer" but a very intelligent and well spoken person outside the ring, and that's what made him great to so many people of his generation. Just watch some of his interviews and you'll see.

But anyway,  I see your point, every time someone famous dies they are brought back to the limelight for a couple of days, which is understandable, but I'll never understand how it's blown out of proportion. I'm an anti-social guy - that means I don't use social media, but I still hear of twitter trends, facebook profiles, people changing their pics to dead celebrities, etc. Why invest so much time caring about an old man who died after living with a degenerative disease for decades, when millions of people die every day and you don't bat an eyelid? He's been in my thoughts for 5 mins tops and not a minute longer, unless I get a personal invite to his funeral! Yeesh, glad I'm misanthropic. 

I don't mind people bringing them into the lime light, if he was as great as everyone said the fair enough but it's the people who have never though it cared who bring it up and act like its going to change their life, they will have forgotten about him by next week latest. 

Its like its cool to show respect to someone you don't care or know about just because they were supposed to have been a great person. People don't do it to show respect they do it to follow the crowd