Zoradz

Kevin

And has been for the last 3 years, you're going to either have to 'try' ban them, or just accept it and work either with or around it.

I don't see the community changing their ways anytime soon, no matter who the Forum Moderator is.

With all due respect. Just because someone's known as the one who won't change, it doesn't give him an immunity to the rule. Coming from other successful servers, being staff on some, when issuing a ban, you don't look at the player but at the "crime." If someone who's a known rule breaker breaks a rule, you deal accordingly as if you've never heard his name.

With all due respect. Just because someone's known as the one who won't change, it doesn't give him an immunity to the rule. Coming from other successful servers, being staff on some, when issuing a ban, you don't look at the player but at the "crime." If someone who's a known rule breaker breaks a rule, you deal accordingly as if you've never heard his name.

welcome to roatpkz

Can tell you haven't been here long.

With all due respect, i never stated ANYTHING relating to a player getting away with punishments due to his reputation, or claim you should treat certain users differently.

What i'm saying is after being here for 4 years, and moderating the forum for 2 of those, having about 4 partners during this, no matter WHO the forum moderator is, you won't change the community. 

People are going to flame and if you give extensive punishments for minor forum beef or flame, we simply won't have much activity anymore.

About 7months ago i went hardcore with enforcing rules, we went from about 200 posts per day to 30, i unbanned those who i thought deserved a chance, or those i deemed i/someone else banned, when there could've been an alternative, the forum slowly gained back its activity, as well as being less of a war zone.

I guess I poorly worded it, but essentially a part of what I was trying to get across was the fact that no matter the community, there are gonna be little shits for lack of a better term that don't change. He still has to handle the situation to protocol. If they don't wanna change, it's on them, the issues still have to be resolved and punishments need to be handed out. I may not have a ton of experience here, but it's the same thing from the game I came from and many others that I played periodically.

Can tell you haven't been here long. That's literally his point it doesn't matter how long someone has been here, fuck how complicated a person is or their relationships with certain people everyone is treated equally in the eyes of the roatz law. Yet, you just walked into proving his own point. 

With all due respect, i never stated ANYTHING relating to a player getting away with punishments due to his reputation,  "you're going to either have to 'try' ban them"

or claim you should treat certain users differently. "or just accept it and work either with or around it." 

So, you didn't say those things? it would be horrible if someone highlighted where you said those things.

What i'm saying is after being here for 4 years, and moderating the forum for 2 of those, having about 4 partners during this, no matter WHO the forum moderator is, you won't change the community. 

All you stated was a negative opinion  with no evidence, and your own experiences with this mans experience with lots of private servers and years under his belt.

People are going to flame and if you give extensive punishments for minor forum beef or flame, we simply won't have much activity anymore.

Well now that votings back, and if the forum and in game integration happen none of that would matter.

About 7months ago i went hardcore with enforcing rules, we went from about 200 posts per day to 30, i unbanned those who i thought deserved a chance, or those i deemed i/someone else banned, when there could've been an alternative, the forum slowly gained back its activity, as well as being less of a war zone. 

If they can behave themselves sure unban them, anyways if they don't change we don't need their activity plenty more of fish on game.

It's in bold. 

52527692.jpg

I'm not saying they should not be punished, i'm saying try other rater methods other than just spamming them with warning messages, i'd be confident saying 80% of the guys that flame on the forum would prefer a conversation or talking to from a Forum Moderator, as a pose to a pre-written warning message, especially from a guy they don't know at all.

That's a whole different discussion. If we're talking about what's more effective, talking to them or just throwing a warning at them, I would 100% agree that talking is more effective and studies IRL have shown that as well. However, that's not the impression I was given from what you were saying. Funny how we're havign debates on 2 different threads lol.

I'm not saying they should not be punished, i'm saying try other rater methods other than just spamming them with warning messages, i'd be confident saying 80% of the guys that flame on the forum would prefer a conversation or talking to from a Forum Moderator, as a pose to a pre-written warning message, especially from a guy they don't know at all.

I guess It won't hurt to try.

'Work With or around it', meaning as i said in my previous post, try actually speaking to them and ask them why, and to stop. Atleast the he does one of two things: 

Knows he tried.
Actually spoke to the community.

"Around" can be construed as understand that some people will never change and they shouldn't be punished. You clarified yourself at a later post for "work with", Yoobs does this ever since I and others mentioned it to him. Hence I gave him from the feedback that he does a good job ever since he incorporated that tactic. 

Zoradz, good on you for trying to speak with them. However if they persist it's not on you to correct their attitude, it's only your job to correct their forum continuity. 

Edited by Castial

"Around" can be construed as understand that some people will never change and they shouldn't be punished. You clarified yourself at a later post for "work with", Yoobs does this ever since I and others mentioned it to him. Hence I gave him from the feedback that he does a good job. 

Zoradz, good on you for trying to speak with them. However if they persist it's not on you to correct their attitude, it's only your job to correct their forum continuity. 

Why do you always need 10 paragraphs to make your point.

Really? because in English it means an alternative route, or different option.  

Don't overthink, this is a RSPS forum, it's simple, and to the point.

Ignoring someone due to not wanting unnecessary drama is an alternative route; and that seemed the most likely from the implication.

Overthinking if someone deserves a punishment due to the staffs discretion is part of the job, sometimes it's clear and dry that they deserve it. Sometimes it's a grey area and talking to them would be better. 

That's exactly the point i made, except i done it in a few sentences and it took you 4 posts of quoting me to understand what everyone else already has.

If he atleast builds up his respect and authority within the community before being rash with punishments, as say Yoobs or Legend are, that'd be fine.

A rank doesn't give you Respect. Its one of those things that are gained and obtained overtime.

It's not about me understanding something that I've already suggested to Yoobs, and others alike way before this thread was created. It's about me pointing out your fallacies, you claimed you didn't say stuff I pointed it out, now at the end of the day a part of it was subjective, the rest was not. 

As for me reiterating what you said, is because you contradicted yourself by saying don't overthink it. When you're arguing FOR to try alternative routes than his current thought process. Hence "overthinking it". 

I mean if you really want to about reiterating stuff, "

A rank doesn't give you Respect. Its one of those things that are gained and obtained overtime.

This is a small sample of what I argued in a previous thread, which I'm sure you read and got your sudden found knowledge from. I can gladly give you the thread link. 

The only objective hierarchy are ranks, not people.

I think what we should all agree on at the end of the day, giving Zoradz the knowledge for him to utilize and better himself is more important from where it came from. Because there is no origin point, it's common sense.  

Edited by Castial

I think you all are looking at this the wrong way. Instead of seeking to punish bad behavior; instead reward good behavior. Incentivize the use of the forums and make it actually something worthwhile to seek out. Have actual community engagement. Get the mods involved in pk tournaments, having dueling tournaments, server wide hide and seek with prizes, etc!

These forums unfortunately right now are the home to a few factions, with the rare occasional new blood (though most never stick around for long). You have power institutions by certain groups of "veterans", and the players who suck up to them....and than opposing rivals. Its a popularity contest, and it reeks of high school and middle school drama.

Theres no reason to seek out these forums unless you crave the drama here. If you can collectively lessen the influence of these factions by diluting the level of their drama, you will vastly improve the forum (and applying this same concept to in game would have the same results).

You can achieve these in several ways, first a containment board, like the flame board here for example. But you absolutely need strict off topic moderation. Secondly is to have a new rank like community mod, who are in charge of hosting events, and delivering results on increased forum activity.

Just a few suggestions.

• Upvote 1

33661875.jpg

It literally is, I don't see anyone else complaining about Zoradz, it's just the same people flaming and breaking the rules. You aren't exceptional just because you're ex-staff, you still get punished when you break the rules. Just deal with it.

i dont flame anyone and i dont break the rules unless you actually consider my post on the veteran thread spam. I'm complaining because he warned me for absolutely no reason.

• Zoradz locked this topic