State of Roat

Bone Time

Roat Pkz - Rigged for the rich?

Okay so these thoughts come into my mind almost everytime a login to the game... First off, bridding is not bridding anymore and this to me is the worst thing ever because this was pretty much why I played this server. Lets say I go to ::brid for some "fun" brid fighting, no fun for me because I don't have a tent whip, toxic staff, or serp helm like everyone there... I can't even go into the wilderness at edge looking for a normal brid fight without someone turning on their prayers and pulling out an ACB.. To be a respected brid back in 2k13 (the prime of bridding in my opinion) you never used unspawnables or donator items, and was speccing with a dds.. It went from that to bandos and AGS, and then now to all this other overpowered shit where to even compete you need to fight wearing at least like 10k.. I guess I would just like a Hybrid zone where it doesn't allow any unspawnable items(other that fcape etc.) or donator items. NEXT, we have another huge problem... No one has addressed that fact that the only way to make money on Roat Pkz is to either be poor as fuck and PK at edge forever until you get enough PKP to buy a DFS,DH, or a couple hundred PKP and risk it and either have to restart or make a couple hundred more PKP if you're lucky. A new method to success is a MUST, whether it be better NPC drops or higher drop rates, or just more bosses in general such as Godwars or some shit. Or maybe PVP drops (artifacts or vesta/zuriels/morg/stat). Even something as simple as making the barrows drop rates better. But as of now the economy of Roat Pkz is fucked up and makes it impossible for newer players to get anywhere. Party hats and other rares should be made valuable again (maybe wipe all or give them something special like STR, ATT, DEF, RANG, etc bonus' depending on color). I suggested about 2 years ago to put the AGS in the PKP shop and that was a success, but I also suggested to make claws good again, that hasn't happened yet which would be nice. OVERALL, mainly I guess I am just saying that a few minor changes that could take Roat Pkz a long way.

- Better bosses/ drops/ drop rates

- Maybe PVP Drops

- Maybe Slayer PVP tasks w/ slayer skill - maybe slayer cape can have nice bonus'

- All godswords in PK shop

- Vesta in PKP shop

- Either put chaotics in PK Shop or add something like dung maybe so we could put our Chaotics to use(would like to use chaotics in PVP donor or not)

Thank you for taking the time to read this little rant, please do give feeback! Love to hear whether support or disagree.

- BT

• Upvote 8
1 hour ago, Bone Time said:

Okay so these thoughts come into my mind almost everytime a login to the game... First off, bridding is not bridding anymore and this to me is the worst thing ever because this was pretty much why I played this server. Lets say I go to ::brid for some "fun" brid fighting, no fun for me because I don't have a tent whip, toxic staff, or serp helm like everyone there... I can't even go into the wilderness at edge looking for a normal brid fight without someone turning on their prayers and pulling out an ACB.. To be a respected brid back in 2k13 (the prime of bridding in my opinion) you never used unspawnables or donator items, and was speccing with a dds.. It went from that to bandos and AGS, and then now to all this other overpowered shit where to even compete you need to fight wearing at least like 10k.. I guess I would just like a Hybrid zone where it doesn't allow any unspawnable items(other that fcape etc.) or donator items. NEXT, we have another huge problem... No one has addressed that fact that the only way to make money on Roat Pkz is to either be poor as fuck and PK at edge forever until you get enough PKP to buy a DFS,DH, or a couple hundred PKP and risk it and either have to restart or make a couple hundred more PKP if you're lucky. A new method to success is a MUST, whether it be better NPC drops or higher drop rates, or just more bosses in general such as Godwars or some shit. Or maybe PVP drops (artifacts or vesta/zuriels/morg/stat). Even something as simple as making the barrows drop rates better. But as of now the economy of Roat Pkz is fucked up and makes it impossible for newer players to get anywhere. Party hats and other rares should be made valuable again (maybe wipe all or give them something special like STR, ATT, DEF, RANG, etc bonus' depending on color). I suggested about 2 years ago to put the AGS in the PKP shop and that was a success, but I also suggested to make claws good again, that hasn't happened yet which would be nice. OVERALL, mainly I guess I am just saying that a few minor changes that could take Roat Pkz a long way.

Agreed and being worked on atm

- Maybe PVP Drops
Elaborate 

- Maybe Slayer PVP tasks w/ slayer skill - maybe slayer cape can have nice bonus'
Could be nice but might aswell add bounty hunter instead makes more sense

Agreed but didnt pass the previous poll

- Vesta in PKP shop
No vesta should remain expensive as its the best melee armor in-game and dont want everyone running around in a set.

- Either put chaotics in PK Shop or add something like dung maybe so we could put our Chaotics to use(would like to use chaotics in PVP donor or not)
No there op as balls

Thank you for taking the time to read this little rant, please do give feeback! Love to hear whether support or disagree.

- BT

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/15/2016 at 0:24 PM, Bone Time said:

4 sure its so hard 2 earn bank without staking/riskfighting

- Maybe PVP Drops

I think something like Mysterious emblems would be fun :)

Bounties! 

Yes

- Vesta in PKP shop

No way theres too much PKP in the eco some players have 300K+

It'd be cool but nah because barrows in the PKP store now and Chaotics vs Zerk armor would be ridiculous 

- BT

- Hi BT long time no see =P

@Yoobs "No they're too op"

Heavy ballista, Elder maul, Abyssal tentacle, Serpentine helm, Augury and Rigour, Armadyl crossbow, Ancestral robes, Dragon claws, Occult necklace, Staff of the dead, Eternal/Primordial/Pegasian boots

You do realize though that all of the names above are items from Old School Runescape that have just been re-designed, all of them existed in Pre-EoC

Chaotic maul = Elder maul

Occult necklace = Arcane stream necklace

Heavy ballista = Hand cannon

Abyssal tentacle = Vine whip

The boots = Ragefire, and Steadfast

Staff of the dead = Staff of light

The list just goes on and on, really

Old School Runescape is much more like Pre-EoC than you think

He's right, Chaotics should be enabled in PVP again

• Upvote 2
On 2/6/2017 at 0:26 AM, Hamza said:

@Yoobs "No they're too op"

Heavy ballista, Elder maul, Abyssal tentacle, Serpentine helm, Augury and Rigour, Armadyl crossbow, Ancestral robes, Dragon claws, Occult necklace, Staff of the dead, Eternal/Primordial/Pegasian boots

You do realize though that all of the names above are items from Old School Runescape that have just been re-designed, all of them existed in Pre-EoC

Chaotic maul = Elder maul

Occult necklace = Arcane stream necklace

Heavy ballista = Hand cannon

Abyssal tentacle = Vine whip

The boots = Ragefire, and Steadfast

Staff of the dead = Staff of light

The list just goes on and on, really

Old School Runescape is much more like Pre-EoC than you think

He's right, Chaotics should be enabled in PVP again

So... enable them in pvp when the alternatives are added to the game and part of the economy of the server? 

Smart guy

On 11/15/2016 at 10:24 AM, Bone Time said:

- Maybe PVP Drops

- Vesta in PKP shop

- BT

i'll fun ya sometimes mage hybrid spawn just click the button and we geared in 2 secs 2 gl

On 2017-02-09 at 1:19 AM, Browsing said:

So nullify some items that are worth 5-10k? Don't understand ur logic at all 

Stop hiding on an alt and go back to your main

The items you want (ballista, elder maul etc) already exist, but with a different design, and slightly different bonuses. Now, why wait yeaaaaaaars for Gretar to add them in, when we can just enable chaotics?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Hamza said:

Stop hiding on an alt and go back to your main

The items you want (ballista, elder maul etc) already exist, but with a different design, and slightly different bonuses. Now, why wait yeaaaaaaars for Gretar to add them in, when we can just enable chaotics?

Obv would like to go back to my main but forgot the pw 'hamza' 40 posts guy.

Now tell me, it makes sense in your potato brain to have a ccb when there's acb? Rapier when we have tent? C staff when we have Sotd?

try to use ur brain for just 1 minute considering those items cost 15k+ together and ur saying to enable items that would cost 0... ur fucking retarded 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Browsing said:

Obv would like to go back to my main but forgot the pw 'hamza' 40 posts guy.

Now tell me, it makes sense in your potato brain to have a ccb when there's acb? Rapier when we have tent? C staff when we have Sotd?

try to use ur brain for just 1 minute considering those items cost 15k+ together and ur saying to enable items that would cost 0... ur fucking retarded 

tent = vine whip

2 hours ago, Browsing said:

Obviously that's the item it's based on.. the point is why would we make a tent whip useless u braindead foreigner 

WAS NEVER A POINT TO MAKE IT WHEN WE ALREADY HAD IT? WHY ADD SOTD, WHEN WE HAD SOL?

Why remove the old items, to add all the new ones?

The new ones have took so fucking long to add in, and the remaining will take even longer

Could've let chaotics stay, and sol too

/arcane stream

3 hours ago, Hamza said:

WAS NEVER A POINT TO MAKE IT WHEN WE ALREADY HAD IT? WHY ADD SOTD, WHEN WE HAD SOL?

Why remove the old items, to add all the new ones?

The new ones have took so fucking long to add in, and the remaining will take even longer

Could've let chaotics stay, and sol too

/arcane stream

Why? Because the server decided to move into a direction the players had interest in rather than letting it die. Before the items were changed it was 4 years of the same, boring, dead content. It was an outdated server.

couldve "let" them stay but why do that and let the server die? Since then the server has grown significantly and last month we got up to 250 players so obviously it was a great decision 

5 hours ago, Browsing said:

Why? Because the server decided to move into a direction the players had interest in rather than letting it die. Before the items were changed it was 4 years of the same, boring, dead content. It was an outdated server.

couldve "let" them stay but why do that and let the server die? Since then the server has grown significantly and last month we got up to 250 players so obviously it was a great decision 

Man is lost bro same as the other 80% of the server

• Upvote 1
On 2/14/2017 at 1:41 AM, Mike said:

Man is lost bro same as the other 80% of the server

LOL

On 11/15/2016 at 10:24 AM, Bone Time said:

- Maybe PVP Drops

- Vesta in PKP shop

- BT

VESTA IS DONATED FOR, IF YOU ADD TO PKP SHOP IT WILL LOSE VALUE MOST LIKELY AND THERE WILL BE TO MANNY SETS IN GAME AND YES I KNOW THERES LOTS OF VESTA BUT HOARDERS LIKE ME FIX THE ECO PROBLEM ON IT. CAPS LOCK IS LIFE #420BLAZEIT. SWAG

OH and about the fkin chaotics, yea i'm sure most people want them free even if pvp and it's supposed to be a benefit for being donor so i don't agree . and donors need MORE benefits not less so wtf are you saying?

2 hours ago, nick whimster said:

LOL

VESTA IS DONATED FOR, IF YOU ADD TO PKP SHOP IT WILL LOSE VALUE MOST LIKELY AND THERE WILL BE TO MANNY SETS IN GAME AND YES I KNOW THERES LOTS OF VESTA BUT HOARDERS LIKE ME FIX THE ECO PROBLEM ON IT. CAPS LOCK IS LIFE #420BLAZEIT. SWAG

OH and about the fkin chaotics, yea i'm sure most people want them free even if pvp and it's supposed to be a benefit for being donor so i don't agree . and donors need MORE benefits not less so wtf are you saying?

Why are you typing in caps? 

People wouldn't be asking for chaotics back if the donator benefits were notable. If Roatz development wants to avoid the trouble of explaining why chaotics shouldn't be in PvP, then just add some decent donator benefits! The community has been asking for months and months, to no avail. All I am saying is that I firmly believe that by doing what you can to appease to the player base, Roatz will grow to its full potential. (Pls remember I do NOT believe the best items in game should be free:chaotics).

• Upvote 1