Revamped Banners/Pips

Oak

38 minutes ago, Sage fest said:

It takes a mili second to read which may not sound like a lot, but it's a turn off. The gradient blends in too well since the text is the same, the text is too small, the font could be better, the design seems bland. 

Other than that not bad. 

Shut up its good

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, I M Pulse said:

Yeah, extremely nice work. I just feel the overuse of purple :thinking:

Yeah I was thinking that, but, I can only work with what the colour codes are on the forums.

5 hours ago, John said:

FUCK GREY, MAKE FORUM ADMIN PRETTY AND ILL ADD THEM

What colour you want nub

7 hours ago, Sage fest said:

It takes a mili second to read which may not sound like a lot, but it's a turn off. The gradient blends in too well since the text is the same, the text is too small, the font could be better, the design seems bland. 

Other than that not bad. 

hand draw me a userbar and I'll accept this comment

This is me giving constructive criticism, so please take this with a pinch of salt or absorb it.

A lot of your colors are far too similar such as Global Moderator, Developer, and 3 Year Veteran. There are ways around this that make the userbars differ from each other, colors can be placed a certain way, your bends/edges could be different from another rank, etc. Not every rank had to have the same design. I appreciate your efforts in making the forum userbars 'better', it certainly isn't an easy task and I applaud you for doing this. But I have to be honest, these could have been made more appealing. 

It took me several different attempts at userbars until I eventually created the current userbars. It takes a lot of time and patience. 

Edit*

I'm assuming you were following this guide? Maybe add a border underneath the actual bends/text to make it pop out more, giving it some depth and such. - 

Edited by Donnie
  • Upvote 3
11 hours ago, Donnie said:

This is me giving constructive criticism, so please take this with a pinch of salt or absorb it.

A lot of your colors are far too similar such as Global Moderator, Developer, and 3 Year Veteran. There are ways around this that make the userbars differ from each other, colors can be placed a certain way, your bends/edges could be different from another rank, etc. Not every rank had to have the same design. I appreciate your efforts in making the forum userbars 'better', it certainly isn't an easy task and I applaud you for doing this. But I have to be honest, these could have been made more appealing. 

It took me several different attempts at userbars until I eventually created the current userbars. It takes a lot of time and patience. 

Edit*

I'm assuming you were following this guide? Maybe add a border underneath the actual bends/text to make it pop out more, giving it some depth and such. - 

Thanks for your comments.

i didn't follow a guide it's all off my experience of using pen tool and glow techniques but I agree it is similar, i did add a background at first, however I didn't think it looked as great, I'll work on the variations of the userbar for the ones with similar colour. Having doing this stuff for 7 years and selling over £8000 worth of product, I certainly know my design when it comes to it. I tested many userbar designs on the forum and this one was the only one that seem to fit. I also created the first userbars for the forum before you, so I know what I should and shouldn't be doing. However you only get better learning from other people, as I'm sure you can agree.

Once again, thanks for your comments and I shall work from them.

@Donnie i don't understand your logic telling him not to go with the same design for every rank when you did the same thing, take the advice from your first sentence on this comment , i'm honestly curious.

and @Oak if these are implemented and you have the knowledge to put forth to it i'd like to see the particles around the actual design to move i feel as if that would give it a bit of a difference from other banners, i understand it's not easy just a suggestion if you can.

Edited by ml gudi
i'm dumb
On 6/3/2017 at 1:25 AM, ml gudi said:

@Donnie i don't understand your logic telling him not to go with the same design for every rank when you did the same thing, take the advice from your first sentence on this comment , i'm honestly curious.

and @Oak if these are implemented and you have the knowledge to put forth to it i'd like to see the particles around the actual design to move i feel as if that would give it a bit of a difference from other banners, i understand it's not easy just a suggestion if you can.

" There are ways around this that make the userbars differ from each other, colors can be placed a certain way, your bends/edges could be different from another rank, etc. Not every rank had to have the same design. "

This is my logic. I only kept the same design because I didn't have exact colors matching other ranks. :thinking: