Pure combat restrictions

PURE COMBAT RESTRICTIONS

The first issue I had when joining this server two weeks ago, is that I couldn't even attack any 'pure' with defence. I specifically changed my stats so that I could pk with an "advantage", even though I sacrificed health, prayer, attack and strength levels which puts me at a disadvantage as well. 

I see many players attempt void and zerker pure stats, which puts them in the same level as the servers pre-set 'pure'. I'm highly suggesting you let the wilderness be the wilderness. I'm sure many others would agree to this and would appreciate this change. Playing over the course of two weeks, the pure community is slowly dying and becoming dull.

As much as I love pking, I'm tired of seeing the same level 91 pures with 1-10 defence. I'm sure many others would appreciate this change as it would benefit the pure community and interest 'main pkers', possibly even new players.

- Wilma

1st: The defence with the roat pkz combat system makes you feel at a disadvantage but you aren't, trust me. You have all the advantages with defence. Prayer? What are u going to smite? a whip? gz !!!

2nd: 2 weeks and you say its dying and becoming dull. Yeah buddy its been like that for 4 years don't try to insinuate that if you've been here for 2 weeks. I'd appreciate the change, but you can have 20 defence too. Nobody wants to be 1 defence fighting 45 defence. 80 hp 45 def 99 str 70 atk zerk vs 1 def 99 hp 99 str 87 atk and the zerker will win the majority of the time. It would not interest main pkers - they pk at lvl 126 for a reason - they like it better than pure.

- Not saying that i dont like being op, my 30 defence build raped - but the fact is it probabyl wont be changed back !

Edited by edanusT
2 minutes ago, edanusT said:

1st: The defence with the roat pkz combat system makes you feel at a disadvantage but you aren't, trust me. You have all the advantages with defence. Prayer? What are u going to smite? a whip? gz !!!

2nd: 2 weeks and you say its dying and becoming dull. Yeah buddy its been like that for 4 years don't try to insinuate that if you've been here for 2 weeks. I'd appreciate the change, but you can have 20 defence too. Nobody wants to be 1 defence fighting 45 defence. 80 hp 45 def 99 str 70 atk zerk vs 1 def 99 hp 99 str 87 atk and the zerker will win the majority of the time. It would not interest main pkers - they pk at lvl 126 for a reason - they like it better than pure.

- Not saying that i dont like being op, my 30 defence build raped - but the fact is it probabyl wont be changed back !

4 minutes ago, Fruitiest said:

Support. I liked fighting voiders and zerks as a pure.

Well edanusT, It is a disadvantage if you're sacrificing health points, prayer, strength, attack, mage and even range. It is a disadvantage since you're sacrificing so much as opposed to the servers "Pure" pre-set. Not everyone has the pk points to buy gear, but you also forgot that this is a spawn server. So yes, you'll most likely smite spawnable items unless you come across the wealthy.

In your second argument, you can't speak for everybody. You don't have to fight anybody above 1 defence if that's what you desire, there's no game mechanic or person forcing you to do this. Even though I have only been playing for two weeks, I say it's "dull" because you see no differences except for 1-20 defence. Also many 'main pkers' use the pure preset to pk, you're entitled to your opinion but you can't speak for everybody.

You should also know that this is In-game suggestions.

-Wilma
@edanusT

Just now, Wilma Dikfit said:

Well edanusT, It is a disadvantage if you're sacrificing health points, prayer, strength, attack, mage and even range. It is a disadvantage since you're sacrificing so much as opposed to the servers "Pure" pre-set. Not everyone has the pk points to buy gear, but you also forgot that this is a spawn server. So yes, you'll most likely smite spawnable items unless you come across the wealthy.

In your second argument, you can't speak for everybody. You don't have to fight anybody above 1 defence if that's what you desire, there's no game mechanic or person forcing you to do this. Even though I have only been playing for two weeks, I say it's "dull" because you see no differences except for 1-20 defence. Also many 'main pkers' use the pure preset to pk, you're entitled to your opinion but you can't speak for everybody.

You should also know that this is In-game suggestions.

-Wilma
@edanusT

You dont sacrifice mage or range. Trading defence for the high or low stats zerk to pure is not a fair trade. How did i forget its a spawn server? for a zerker you need 100 tickets - fcape and torso. Which are untradeable. Just because I speaking for everybody, tht doesnt mean i'm wrong.

edanusT,

The main point is that there are sacrifices to be in the "pure" category, you mentioned and I quote  "You have all the advantages with defence. Prayer? What are u going to smite? a whip? gz !!!". Clearly you were being sarcastic but realistically that is correct, I'm not sure what else you would try to smite on a spawn server other than the "wealthy" as I mentioned before. The point of this isn't for gear, it's for enjoyment and entertainment purposes. Everyone who is currently playing this game understands how the pkp system works. Nobody here has mentioned you were wrong once. I suggest you read the recent posts again.

- Wilma

Edited by Wilma Dikfit
1 hour ago, Wilma Dikfit said:

edanusT,

The main point is that there are sacrifices to be in the "pure" category, you mentioned and I quote  "You have all the advantages with defence. Prayer? What are u going to smite? a whip? gz !!!". Clearly you were being sarcastic but realistically that is correct, I'm not sure what else you would try to smite on a spawn server other than the "wealthy" as I mentioned before. The point of this isn't for gear, it's for enjoyment and entertainment purposes. Everyone who is currently playing this game understands how the pkp system works. Nobody here has mentioned you were wrong once. I suggest you read the recent posts again.

- Wilma

ffs mate this isnt english class stop putting so much effort into ur posts

3 minutes ago, pk ahmad said:

Maybe we should have the option to free the defense restriction. If you tick off yes, then you can only attack within 20 def levels per wildy level as usual. If you tick off no, then anyone can attack you. Good?

no, it needs to be the same / universal for everyone because then you don't know who has it on or not when in the wildy

10 hours ago, Wilma Dikfit said:

PURE COMBAT RESTRICTIONS

The first issue I had when joining this server two weeks ago, is that I couldn't even attack any 'pure' with defence. I specifically changed my stats so that I could pk with an "advantage", even though I sacrificed health, prayer, attack and strength levels which puts me at a disadvantage as well. 

I see many players attempt void and zerker pure stats, which puts them in the same level as the servers pre-set 'pure'. I'm highly suggesting you let the wilderness be the wilderness. I'm sure many others would agree to this and would appreciate this change. Playing over the course of two weeks, the pure community is slowly dying and becoming dull.

As much as I love pking, I'm tired of seeing the same level 91 pures with 1-10 defence. I'm sure many others would appreciate this change as it would benefit the pure community and interest 'main pkers', possibly even new players.

- Wilma

Despite what I've said below, I actually agree with this. Although I don't believe it'll attract more players, it'll help with the versatility in the wilderness and open up more targets for me. However, the only way I would support this would be to somehow counteract the volatile, idiotic, pride-driven raggers that once inhabited the wilderness before this update. They're the major reason this update was pushed, because of the fact that they were destroying Pure Wildy continuously ragging everyone there for no reason, and it usually isn't worth your time to get involved in cancerous ingame beef like that so the players with an IQ level above 20 would do something else or log off. 

10 hours ago, Wilma Dikfit said:

Well edanusT, It is a disadvantage if you're sacrificing health points, prayer, strength, attack, mage and even range. It is a disadvantage since you're sacrificing so much as opposed to the servers "Pure" pre-set.
@edanusT

That's not necessarily true. Prayer is the same as the pure level at a standard 52 because of the fact that they can't use higher prayers that are helpful in a PvP aspect. Strength can still be at 99 for the majority of the zerkers, and even if it is reduced it's then boosted by the fact that they use equipment that has strength bonuses. Such as Zerker helm, Torso and Defender. Along with this, there is not a reason to sacrifice Range and Mage because they scale together in the leveling system, so you wont increase or decrease a level regardless if you wish to maintain 94+ magic for vengeance. (Even so, you can still go lower and mage-pot for it). The major downside would be the HP levels, but this again is counteracted by the fact that they have such a major defence advantage and offensive output that it is hardly even counteract-able by the majority of pures. If this was implemented, I hope you understand that you wouldn't be able to complain at all when you get farcasted by Pure NH'ers because we should "Bring back the Wilderness" or however you stated it in previous comments.

8 hours ago, Fruitiest said:

ffs mate this isnt english class stop putting so much effort into ur posts

Just because he learnt how to use punctuation doesn't mean he's putting that much effort into his posts fam. :D 

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, SmokeyMontana said:

that is just slowly making the wilderness inactivate instead I think the defence restriction should be 1-45 def as fighting zerks and voids as pure is realistic but I don't wanna see any level 92s in barrows/ bandos 

my point is that if ur a 1def pure zerkers and voiders are harder cos they hav alot of offence

i enjoy fighting barrows and bandos pures at 1def cos they dont hav pray half the time or if they do that got like 50hp max and its easy kill