An idea to increase multi clanning

What do you think about adding "territory"
So like, a clan overrules a certain part of the wildy a notification comes up saying "X cc has taken over X territory, bonus PKp for the clan that over takes it"

Wildy zones would be multi and single.

if you have any other ideas to add to this feel free to post them. 

• Upvote 7
Just now, Sinister said:

How would declaring who's who work, would their be a limit to how many members each "clan" can have, would this include ingame clan tags ?

Sick idea if done properly 

I'll be honest, I didn't think it through, it was an idea I threw up without the little bits defined. 

However, with the new clan chat I'm sure we could implement a clan system with clan tags or something along the lines of.

6 minutes ago, Tribrid said:

good idea i support but I dont see Gretar adding this would probably not happen

Zoradz new dev

• Upvote 1

Sounds interesting but the idea needs expanding. For instance how could you define a territory as being ruled (in terms of game variables), what does a clan need to do to make a zone officially theirs? What about when the ruling clan is offline - this sounds like a great idea for a minigame, but could it work for open-play too?

I was considering how the mechanics of this could work, and I thought to myself, how is territory taken over in real life? By declaring war on an enemy, invading their land and taking out their leader. Once the head is cut off, the rest of them either submit to your rule or become prisoners of war! Now in the context of this game, obviously that last part is irrelevant because no one would submit: in real life YOLO but, in game you can respawn indefinitely so it's unlikely you'll betray your team and serve your conquerors instead.

Therefore based on the above, a simple solution could play out: once an opposing force takes out the clan leader (ruler) of a territory - the victorious clan's leader is now automatically assigned ruler of that territory by the server. This makes for a very tactical game in which you need a commanding leader who must be saved by his clan at all costs or the territory will be lost.

Another possible solution I've thought, what if each territory has it's own "base station" - a stronghold in that particular territory? It is this spot that must be conquered in order to take control of the whole territory. In this version it doesn't matter whether you kill the ruling clan's leader or not, what you must do is enter enemy grounds, reach their stronghold (or "fortress" - click here to see Img.1), and replace the enemy's standard/banner with your own (how a banner may look - click here to see Img.2). There will be one pre-defined spot where you can plant this item, not just anywhere. The goal of this version is for the ruling clan to successfully defend attacks to their land and stop them from planting their flag at all costs - because if they manage to do that then the losing clan members automatically die. I know it sounds extreme but I think the winners deserve to be rewarded well, so there will be no mercy!

Just some ideas whilst I have the time and my minds running...

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, PK Guy said:

Sounds interesting but the idea needs expanding. For instance how could you define a territory as being ruled (in terms of game variables), what does a clan need to do to make a zone officially theirs? What about when the ruling clan is offline - this sounds like a great idea for a minigame, but could it work for open-play too?

to make a zone thers a clan has to get 5 more kills more than the other clan gets on them in like 30 mins or something, if 1 clan has more members than the other then they hav to get more kills in x amount of time

when the ruling clans offline then another clan rules until when they get back online they have priority rule over them

I was considering how the mechanics of this could work, and I thought to myself, how is territory taken over in real life? By declaring war on an enemy, invading their land and taking out their leader. Once the head is cut off, the rest of them either submit to your rule or become prisoners of war! Now in the context of this game, obviously that last part is irrelevant because no one would submit: in real life YOLO but, in game you can respawn indefinitely so it's unlikely you'll betray your team and serve your conquerors instead.

Therefore based on the above, a simple solution could play out: once an opposing force takes out the clan leader (ruler) of a territory - the victorious clan's leader is now automatically assigned ruler of that territory by the server. This makes for a very tactical game in which you need a commanding leader who must be saved by his clan at all costs or the territory will be lost.

the leader method is a bad idea cos then he has to be a tanker its basically like the void knight from pest control getting piled by wave after wave of pkers rather than npc and he will eventually run out of supplies and dies

Another possible solution I've thought, what if each territory has it's own "base station" - a stronghold in that particular territory? It is this spot that must be conquered in order to take control of the whole territory. In this version it doesn't matter whether you kill the ruling clan's leader or not, what you must do is enter enemy grounds, reach their stronghold (or "fortress" - click here to see Img.1), and replace the enemy's standard/banner with your own (how a banner may look - click here to see Img.2). There will be one pre-defined spot where you can plant this item, not just anywhere. The goal of this version is for the ruling clan to successfully defend attacks to their land and stop them from planting their flag at all costs - because if they manage to do that then the losing clan members automatically die. I know it sounds extreme but I think the winners deserve to be rewarded well, so there will be no mercy!

lol this is basically castle wars but in wildy, also wat happens when the clan goes to restock? or if thers other players getting involved who are not in a clan? they are trapped at the base until they get sent to edgeville and the flag will be passed between 2 teams constantly

Just some ideas whilst I have the time and my minds running...

12 hours ago, Zoradz said:

What do you think about adding "territory"
So like, a clan overrules a certain part of the wildy a notification comes up saying "X cc has taken over X territory, bonus PKp for the clan that over takes it"

Wildy zones would be multi and single.

if you have any other ideas to add to this feel free to post them. 

its a good idea but i think it will take alot of time to code without any problems

a simpler way is adding clan wars can be custom version but the wars will be organised atleast