Why Barrows Should Remain Spawnable

Should Barrows be Made Unspawnable?

I've noticed that the suggestion of moving Barrows items to the pkp shop has become extremely popular, mainly with bridders. I don't really agree with this idea and wanted to give a few pros and cons to making them unspawnable. More likely than not, if they move Barrows to the pkp shop, they'll also be moving Bandos and Armadyl to the pkp shop, so I'm also considering that. Most of the post will be about Ahrim's and Dharok's because those are the most commonly used Barrows sets.

PROS

• Reduces the amount of prodders in pure pk (Although, adding a ::pure zone would fix the problem as well)
  • Adds new items to the economy
  • Encourages risk fighting
  • Lessens DH prodding 
  • (forum.roatpkz.com/index.php?/topic/3599-move-dh-to-pkp-shop/) 0wnedbychris' post about how Dharok's is prodded in bridding. While moving it to the pkp shop may lessen how much its used in bridding, it won't lessen its effects. Most bridders have money to burn and wouldn't mind spending 250 pkp on a DH set. A better solution would be to make the DH axe less accurate so it isn't as OP in bridding.

CONS

• Hurts new players at Edge main pk. Assuming Bandos is moved to pkp shop along with Barrows, which it most likely will be, new players will be at the mercy of more experienced players who have the pkp for Barrows. This creates a huge gap in defensive stats, and potentially offensive stats if whip is made unspawnable. Players who have DH will probably go for long kill streaks because they'll be much more OP than new players.
  • Edge main pking will be boring for new players. I know the bridders on the forums don't care about edge pkers but this is where a lot of new players start. New players wouldn't want to come to a spawn server to pk in rune. Main pking in rune is for eco servers. Edge main pking will be reduced to veng comboing (As if it isn't already). I've been to some spawn servers who have Barrows as an unspawnable. The main melee pking there is just... boring if you're starting out. There's also a lot of veteran players who target new players for easy kills. 
  • It hurts new funpkers as well. I know funpk pking is a pretty small niche in relation to the rest of Roat Pkz but you can't ignore them. New players at funpk will find it hard to fight against those who use the PVP armours (Statius', Morrigan's, Zuriel's, Vesta's). Even if the PVP armours are removed, Vesta probably won't be removed because it's worth a good amount, new players still won't find it easy fighting against DH.
  • As if it isn't already dead enough, Guthan's, Verac's, Torag's, and most of Karil's will never be touched. Having them in the pkp shop will be a waste of space. A solution to this could be to leave Guthan's, Verac's, and Torag's as spawnable, and put Ahrim's, Dharok's, and Karil's into the pkp shop. Karil's will be weird to work with, however. If it is added to the pkp shop where you have to buy the whole set, people will complain. Those who will buy Karil's are bridders who only want the top. If it is made so you could buy the individual pieces, the rest of Karil's will just be dead content in the pkp shop.
  • Doing so will also lessen variety in pking. Having so much stuff as spawnable encourages being unique and experimenting which is something I've always loved about Roat Pkz. If Barrows was moved into the pkp shop, the only uses of it that will be seen is for bridding, risk fighting, and prodding at Edge main. My post about the amulet of the damned, (forum.roatpkz.com/index.php?/topic/4103-add-amulet-of-the-damned/), was made to encourage variety in the use of Barrows. An update like this will contradict the point of implementing the amulet of the damned.

SOLUTIONS?

I've seen some solutions on the forum that might work better than moving all of Barrows to the pkp shop

• Like I've said before, lowering the accuracy of the DH axe could help bridders who are frustrated with DH prodding.
  • Making a barrows set something you could vote for. Encourages voting and helps new players integrate into the game.
  • From Ahmash on 0wnedbychris' post mentioned earlier, "i been saying it for like 2 years put the dh axe in pkp shop for like 200-300". This could be a more mild approach to solving the problem with DH prodding. 

IN A NUTSHELL

Barrows items shouldn't be moved to the pkp shop because doing so discourages new players getting into the game and lessens variety in pking. 

CONCLUSION

A decision like this is a big one to make. It's up to the community to figure out whats best for the future of the server. If you have any suggestions of your own, or rebuttals, be sure to comment below. 

• Upvote 5
2 minutes ago, Alienboy said:

Should Barrows be Made Unspawnable?

I've noticed that the suggestion of moving Barrows items to the pkp shop has become extremely popular, mainly with bridders. I don't really agree with this idea and wanted to give a few pros and cons to making them unspawnable. More likely than not, if they move Barrows to the pkp shop, they'll also be moving Bandos and Armadyl to the pkp shop, so I'm also considering that. Most of the post will be about Ahrim's and Dharok's because those are the most commonly used Barrows sets.

PROS

• Reduces the amount of prodders in pure pk (Although, adding a ::pure zone would fix the problem as well)
  • Adds new items to the economy
  • Encourages risk fighting
  • Lessens DH prodding 
  • (forum.roatpkz.com/index.php?/topic/3599-move-dh-to-pkp-shop/) 0wnedbychris' post about how Dharok's is prodded in bridding. While moving it to the pkp shop may lessen how much its used in bridding, it won't lessen its effects. Most bridders have money to burn and wouldn't mind spending 250 pkp on a DH set. A better solution would be to make the DH axe less accurate so it isn't as OP in bridding.

CONS

• Hurts new players at Edge main pk. Assuming Bandos is moved to pkp shop along with Barrows, which it most likely will be, new players will be at the mercy of more experienced players who have the pkp for Barrows. This creates a huge gap in defensive stats, and potentially offensive stats if whip is made unspawnable. Players who have DH will probably go for long kill streaks because they'll be much more OP than new players.
  • Edge main pking will be boring for new players. I know the bridders on the forums don't care about edge pkers but this is where a lot of new players start. New players wouldn't want to come to a spawn server to pk in rune. Main pking in rune is for eco servers. Edge main pking will be reduced to veng comboing (As if it isn't already). I've been to some spawn servers who have Barrows as an unspawnable. The main melee pking there is just... boring if you're starting out. There's also a lot of veteran players who target new players for easy kills. 
  • It hurts new funpkers as well. I know funpk pking is a pretty small niche in relation to the rest of Roat Pkz but you can't ignore them. New players at funpk will find it hard to fight against those who use the PVP armours (Statius', Morrigan's, Zuriel's, Vesta's). Even if the PVP armours are removed, Vesta probably won't be removed because it's worth a good amount, new players still won't find it easy fighting against DH.
  • As if it isn't already dead enough, Guthan's, Verac's, Torag's, and most of Karil's will never be touched. Having them in the pkp shop will be a waste of space. A solution to this could be to leave Guthan's, Verac's, and Torag's as spawnable, and put Ahrim's, Dharok's, and Karil's into the pkp shop. Karil's will be weird to work with, however. If it is added to the pkp shop where you have to buy the whole set, people will complain. Those who will buy Karil's are bridders who only want the top. If it is made so you could buy the individual pieces, the rest of Karil's will just be dead content in the pkp shop.
  • Doing so will also lessen variety in pking. Having so much stuff as spawnable encourages being unique and experimenting which is something I've always loved about Roat Pkz. If Barrows was moved into the pkp shop, the only uses of it that will be seen is for bridding, risk fighting, and prodding at Edge main. My post about the amulet of the damned, (forum.roatpkz.com/index.php?/topic/4103-add-amulet-of-the-damned/), was made to encourage variety in the use of Barrows. An update like this will contradict the point of implementing the amulet of the damned.

SOLUTIONS?

I've seen some solutions on the forum that might work better than moving all of Barrows to the pkp shop

• Like I've said before, lowering the accuracy of the DH axe could help bridders who are frustrated with DH prodding.
  • Making a barrows set something you could vote for. Encourages voting and helps new players integrate into the game.
  • From Ahmash on 0wnedbychris' post mentioned earlier, "i been saying it for like 2 years put the dh axe in pkp shop for like 200-300". This could be a more mild approach to solving the problem with DH prodding. 

IN A NUTSHELL

Barrows items shouldn't be moved to the pkp shop because doing so discourages new players getting into the game and lessens variety in pking. 

CONCLUSION

A decision like this is a big one to make. It's up to the community to figure out whats best for the future of the server. If you have any suggestions of your own, or rebuttals, be sure to comment below. 

I agree with just putting the axe into the pkp store that's a good idea

the accuracy of dh shouldn't be lowered its just how people pop out 60s at full hp, its like if you use dh you can hit what you are supposed to hit at low hp at any hp, putting it into the pk store would not solve anything they just need to fix it

Just now, Alienboy said:

C'mon bro you have to think of the big picture here. Something that appeals to more people than just bridders.

I am thinking of the bigger picture, which is why my answer is no.

"the community" (the relevant people) have already made up their decision which is why the suggestion is being put through.

It's the perfect way to get rid of and replace the current items in the pkp shop that don't belong on a 317.

2 minutes ago, Why Gg said:

I am thinking of the bigger picture, which is why my answer is no.

"the community" (the relevant people) have already made up their decision which is why the suggestion is being put through.

It's the perfect way to get rid of and replace the current items in the pkp shop that don't belong on a 317.

Maybe we shouldn't take advice from the "relevant people" if it hurts the growth of the server. I doubt you even read the whole post. There's more to it than just pleasing people on the forums

11 minutes ago, Alienboy said:

Maybe we shouldn't take advice from the "relevant people" if it hurts the growth of the server. I doubt you even read the whole post. There's more to it than just pleasing people on the forums

We have 200+ players online daily, please explain how it would "hurt the growth" lmao.

Edited by Why Gg

barrows wont be added to the pkp shop nor will chaotics be removed cos only about 40 players max want this change but once the ingame polls are added in the results will be that 75% of the server dont want the osrs mode or items to be put in pkp shop

bridders are irrelevant its edge pkers who hav more priority only thing is none of them use forums

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Why Gg said:

We can, but the suggestions you're making are not going to make that happen :)

You have the audacity to think that your niche community in Roat is more important than the rest of the server? You're misguided because edge pkers still make up a majority of the community and many are donators as well. Your only defence against my suggestion is "no." and that you want it.

4 minutes ago, Ahmash said:

barrows wont be added to the pkp shop nor will chaotics be removed cos only about 40 players max want this change but once the ingame polls are added in the results will be that 75% of the server dont want the osrs mode or items to be put in pkp shop

bridders are irrelevant its edge pkers who hav more priority only thing is none of them use forums

Ty someone who has a brain 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, SmokeyMontana said:

I respect this topic, you said that new players would be at the wrath of experienced players with pkt etc. Lets just make a roat pkz starter kit. Starters spawn with 1 of each barrow set whip etc 100 pkt- only 2 max per ip? what you think

max 2 per mac address but even then 2 of each item wont take u very far once u done a few fights ur back to 0 bank, cos roat pkz is mostly filled with failed pkers and ppl who cant compete on osrs like all the hybrids and raggers so they want this to be like osrs

Just now, Ahmash said:

max 2 per mac address but even then 2 of each item wont take u very far once u done a few fights ur back to 0 bank, cos roat pkz is mostly filled with failed pkers and ppl who cant compete on osrs like all the hybrids and raggers so they want this to be like osrs

instead of dragging the idea try to make it better what can we do to improve that 

2 minutes ago, SmokeyMontana said:

instead of dragging the idea try to make it better what can we do to improve that 

only option is to have 2 worlds, world 1 being the current roatz keeping it spawn and leaving chaotics and possibly adding new items on this world ther will be like 150 players

then world 2 will be osrs items only and putting most of the good gear in pkp shop this server will hav max 50 online

also ther wont be a reset for world 2, the character files will just carry over

Edited by Ahmash
3 minutes ago, Ahmash said:

only option is to have 2 worlds, world 1 being the current roatz keeping it spawn and leaving chaotics and possibly adding new items on this world ther will be like 150 players

then world 2 will be osrs items only and putting most of the good gear in pkp shop this server will hav max 50 online

also ther wont be a reset for world 2, the character files will just carry over

disagree, we don't have enough players to be playing with 2 worlds. + we have more important things to try and fix then to make 2 worlds.. maybe if we get 500+ players sure 2 worlds

Just now, Alienboy said:

You have the audacity to think that your niche community in Roat is more important than the rest of the server? You're misguided because edge pkers still make up a majority of the community and many are donators as well. Your only defence against my suggestion is "no." and that you want it.

Ty someone who has a brain 

It's not going to happen retard, stop trying.

6 minutes ago, Alienboy said:

And this is what happens when someone knows he's wrong. Stop commenting if you have no real argument. And stop using that girl as your profile picture, not like you have a chance with her.

You clueless irrelevant arab.

Once the current pkp gear that don't belong on a 317 server gets removed, they'll need to find the second best items to replace them with which will be bandos/armadyl/ahrims. 

Right now the combat system is so fucked that people in spawnable kits can outhit you camping their little barrows items, putting dharoks for instance in the pkp shop will stop retards from rushing you constantly because they'll actually be risking something.

Nsers (raggers) use barrows items to rag you in spawnable kits, this'll put a stop to that unless they're willing to risk it (they're not).

trust me if anyone on this serv has a chance with her its me u little pussy yute ur dp is a pic of ur nans irl stop typing.

4 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

She's not even hot

gay irl

Edited by Why Gg
4 minutes ago, Why Gg said:

You clueless irrelevant arab.

Once the current pkp gear that don't belong on a 317 server gets removed, they'll need to find the second best items to replace them with which will be bandos/armadyl/ahrims. 

Right now the combat system is so fucked that people in spawnable kits can outhit you camping their little barrows items, putting dharoks for instance in the pkp shop will stop retards from rushing you constantly because they'll actually be risking something.

Nsers (raggers) use barrows items to rag you in spawnable kits, this'll put a stop to that unless they're willing to risk it (they're not).

trust me if anyone on this serv has a chance with her its me u little pussy yute ur dp is a pic of ur nans irl stop typing.

gay irl

First of all I'm from New York. 

Ragging won't be impeded by this. Most have the money. If you think they'll be too pussy to risk it you're wrong. 

Rushing will decrease? Ags, claws, dds, dbow, etc 

I wonder where you're from.  I'll remember to never visit there. Must be aids.

23 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

Lmfao this is hilarious. "Make the axe only unspawnable!!" So the Arabs only use axe as their +1

Your cons are pretty much the most pointless cons ever. 

My cons are pointless because they don't affect bridders. Okok

Just now, Alienboy said:

First of all I'm from New York. 

Ragging won't be impeded by this. Most have the money. If you think they'll be too pussy to risk it you're wrong. 

Rushing will decrease? Ags, claws, dds, dbow, etc 

I wonder where you're from.  I'll remember to never visit there. Must be aids.

Your opinion doesn't matter at all considering you've never visited anywhere else besides edge to pk.

You literally don't know how anything on this server works.

Also, I'm from the UK so if you ever come visit I'll shank you in your eye pussy

11 minutes ago, Why Gg said:

Your opinion doesn't matter at all considering you've never visited anywhere else besides edge to pk.

You literally don't know how anything on this server works.

Also, I'm from the UK so if you ever come visit I'll shank you in your eye pussy

Lol I multi pked in actual rs. You obviously don't understand how this is going to work if you think your opinion is more important than all of edge.  And lol a brit trying to act tough. 

EDIT: look dude honestly I don't like acting like a dick. Sorry for that. Just hear me out.  I feel that keeping barrows as spawnable would be best for New players

Edited by Alienboy
10 minutes ago, Alienboy said:

Lol I multi pked in actual rs. You obviously don't understand how this is going to work if you think your opinion is more important than all of edge.  And lol a brit trying to act tough. 

"multi pked" enough said LMFAO

You're not relevant at all, you probably joined a couple days ago so you wouldn't know anything about: this server, its players, and the direction it's headed in.

"a brit" stfu pussy

Edited by Why Gg
1 minute ago, Why Gg said:

"multi pked" enough said LMFAO

You're not relevant at all, you probably joined a couple days ago so you wouldn't know anything about: this server, its players, and the direction it's headed in.

"a brit" stfu pussy

I joined in 2012 tf. I'm just worried for the server if we only appease a small group

Just now, Alienboy said:

I joined in 2012 tf. I'm just worried for the server if we only appease a small group

It's not a small group at all, it's the ones that contribute to this server and are online daily.

We know what's best for this server and in order for it to grow, these updates must take place.

I get that you think pking is going to be boring for the new players, however it just encourages them to get their pkp up to buy those items. 

The way everything is going right now is just too easy, like I said max gear isn't even worth pking with anymore considering people in spawnable kits can outhit you.

Hopefully with these new updates taking place it'll reach a wider audience of singles pkers with YouTube channels to promote the server.

7 minutes ago, Why Gg said:

It's not a small group at all, it's the ones that contribute to this server and are online daily.

We know what's best for this server and in order for it to grow, these updates must take place.

I get that you think pking is going to be boring for the new players, however it just encourages them to get their pkp up to buy those items. 

The way everything is going right now is just too easy, like I said max gear isn't even worth pking with anymore considering people in spawnable kits can outhit you.

Hopefully with these new updates taking place it'll reach a wider audience of singles pkers with YouTube channels to promote the server.

gear on this game hardly makes a difference to hits, only really to defence.

A lot of edge people still contribute to the server. i don't think rune pking will do it for them, considering most just welfare.  I understand that this does encourage new players to try and get those items in a way.  If i've learned anything from my friends who stake it's that if they lose they're shit, they'll quit lol. I don't want new players to quit if they lose their armor. Honestly if the eco is flooded,  we should eco reset. It's not as easy making a YouTube vid for a spawn server because it's just pking.  Plus rsps YouTube channels aren't rlly big

Edited by Alienboy
5 minutes ago, Alienboy said:

A lot of edge people still contribute to the server. i don't think rune pking will do it for them, considering most just welfare.  I understand that this does encourage new players to try and get those items in a way.  If i've learned anything from my friends who stake it's that if they lose they're shit, they'll quit lol. I don't want new players to quit if they lose their armor. Honestly if the eco is flooded,  we should eco reset. It's not as easy making a YouTube vid for a spawn server because it's just pking.  Plus rsps YouTube channels aren't rlly big

Oh noooooooo, people will have to get 10 kills to get their dh back!!!!! that's just sooooo sad :( 

3 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

Oh noooooooo, people will have to get 10 kills to get their dh back!!!!! that's just sooooo sad :( 

Are you always this carcastic -.- I've talked to some people in-game and they keep saying it should be 500+. Honestly I think it's really unnecessary. It really doesn't do much for the eco. It's not really a pkp sink because the armor will always be there. Prodding shouldn't be an argument against it when there's already op spawnable weps like the ss 

Either way, it's still going to be ever so relevant on RoatPkz. The sets will NOT be expensive, Dharok's and Ahrim's would most likely be 300-400 pkp a set, which is not that much (my opinion on what the price should be). It's 3-4 days of voting for 100 pkp, plus they can pk in Rune/Dragon armour on here. Rune isn't as weak as you would think. Anyway, Dharok's isn't only not liked by bridders (which doesn't make up as much as the server as the forums would make it seem) but also by a lot of pkers because of how fucked up it is. You hit what you should at low hp when you've got high hp, and vice versa. If it gets put into the shop, it would still need to be altered/fixed because it would still have the same problem. Putting a price on it helps, but not as much as it being more like what it should be.

Player growth would not be halted or even affected if this change were to happen. People would stick around because it is so easy to get PKP on here (was for me anyway).

I don't think all the barrows armours should be added, leave out Karil's and Torag's. Verac's and Guthan's are both underrated and underused imo. 

First man that actually has arguments about why it should stay/leave good job on that!

But if the price for barrows sets is low say like 20 pkp each part and you can get a set within like 10-20 kills maybe on the weekends even 5-10 kills, do you think people would care? I don't think they would really care. When you look at edge now NOBODY is risking anything and IMO that is boring asf. I think with barrows going to shop for a low price people wouldn't care too much if they risk 100 pkp

Sorry for the bad english im 4n 

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Legend™ said:

First man that actually has arguments about why it should stay/leave good job on that!

But if the price for barrows sets is low say like 20 pkp each part and you can get a set within like 10-20 kills maybe on the weekends even 5-10 kills, do you think people would care? I don't think they would really care. When you look at edge now NOBODY is risking anything and IMO that is boring asf. I think with barrows going to shop for a low price people wouldn't care too much if they risk 100 pkp

Sorry for the bad english im 4n 

Lol stijn the Somalian 

either way dh needs fixing, it's not op because it hits high it's op because it hits high when they are about 60hp, dh is just like using c maul imo

very nice post man well made! and i do agree on alot of stuff^_^

20 hours ago, Bind U Dead said:

If barrows is added to pkp shop, then barrows minigame should be added. However, if armadyl armor and bandos and also the rest of the godswords (bgs, zgs, sgs) added to pkp shop, then gwd minigame should be added and also it could drop hilts and shards to make a complete godsword.

wouldn't that kinda ruin the whole point of roatz being a pk server? i would agree on wildy bosses since its still pk related and on roatzpkz its 100% sure to get pked while bossing ( for example while doing chaos ele )  so there would still be some pking involved.

although i do get the point your making and i do agree not just everything should be buyable from shops i liked the idea of grinding chaos for divine and this needs to be more implemented into the server imo ^_^