Video competition and member of the month

I think a video competition would add a lot of incentive for the video makers of this server to make quality videos rather than their standard 4 vids they have to.

How it would work is:
-Everyone who wants to enter can enter
-The staff member running the competition would poll every single entry
-The top 3 in terms of votes would then be voted upon by all of the staff to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
-If you're caught voting on diff accs or voting for your own video you'd be disqualified

I also think a member of the month would be a good way to notice players efforts.

I think this would be easier to determine than picking a staff member. The staff could look for things like:
-Any punishments in the last month
-Play time
-Check his chat log
-Other players opinions on alts

It may also help the general toxicity of the server. It would influence people to go singular months at a time without being punished and that would probably clean up many peoples acts. 

For each of these suggestions I think a rank should be given. For the video competition, maybe just create a forum rank saying "VCW" or something of that nature. 

Then for the member of the month, give them an ingame yelltag titled 'MOTM'. Those 2 things would definitely be something 2 strive for. 

Edited by Kihfan55
  • Upvote 4
31 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

I think a video competition would add a lot of incentive for the video makers of this server to make quality videos rather than their standard 4 vids they have to.

How it would work is:
-Everyone who wants to enter can enter
-The staff member running the competition would poll every single entry
-The top 3 in terms of votes would then be voted upon by all of the staff to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
-If you're caught voting on diff accs or voting for your own video you'd be disqualified

I don't think this will work polling it to the community, because say you have a team like lavish, with 7-10 people (not sure of numbers) you can have them all vote for your video and end up winning. Having staff choose the winner of the top 3 would be great, but maybe you could try to limit the votes, 1 per forums account so that one team couldn't vote 3 of their members videos to top 3. Other than that, I think this is a good idea and should be implemented. +1

35 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

For each of these suggestions I think a rank should be given. For the video competition, maybe just create a forum rank saying "VCW" or something of that nature. 

Then for the member of the month, give them an ingame yelltag titled 'MOTM'. Those 2 things would definitely be something 2 strive for. 

They are adding yell tags for winners of tournaments soon, so why not make this something aswell. Great idea for MOTM, Goodjob mate. +1

@Gretar

1 minute ago, Nyzic said:

I don't think this will work polling it to the community, because say you have a team like lavish, with 7-10 people (not sure of numbers) you can have them all vote for your video and end up winning. Having staff choose the winner of the top 3 would be great, but maybe you could try to limit the votes, 1 per forums account so that one team couldn't vote 3 of their members videos to top 3. Other than that, I think this is a good idea and should be implemented. +1

They are adding yell tags for winners of tournaments soon, so why not make this something aswell. Great idea for MOTM, Goodjob mate. +1

@Gretar

yeah ofc it would be 1 per forum accs, the poll would be 1 topic so u could only vote once for 1 video