RoatpkZ The Bad

br3ad

Now, I am going to be extremely harsh here. The first thing that got me a big annoyed was:

http://prntscr.com/9ja8tq

The donator shop: Why are the spirit shields and chaotics restricted to donors only? The idea of it is dumb and it doesn't help the server as a whole. A pk server needs some sort of PVM and Skilling elements, this will provide balance and gives people more things to do when they're bored. But I'll get back to that specific argument soon. The donor store, 

not a huge fan of it. I don't exactly know how this works but, it doesn't look that good. Random packages are just eww from my point of view.

http://prntscr.com/9ja9rh

Not a fan of this either, don't know why it only shows combat stats. The normal graphics for stats indication is perfect, no point changing it to something like this.

Pk Point Store:

http://prntscr.com/9jaa7t

I mean 5k for AGS and only 4 pkp per kill and 8 pkp per kill over the weekends? If you're going to make pking rewarding, having a high price  of an item is understandable. But if there's no killstreak rewards that increases the amount of pkpoints you get, I mean theres no point grinding so hard lol. But you can say voting does help... let's be real it's RoatPKZ not RoatGrind yea? 

PVM:

Only two monsters and I believe donors have perks for this. I understand, but condensing all the drops to two PVM monster is just plain lazy. Put more PVM monsters in the wild!! This increases the activity in wilderness!

Some monsters you can consider adding are:

Giant Mole

Bork

OSRS wildy boss..

The list goes on really..

Spawning:

Honestly I like spawn servers, but there's a point when the spawning ability goes out of balance. The same goes for Roatpkz, I don't mind spawning ahrims or barrows. Sure it's not the best for the economy but when you can spawn godswords other than ags as well as bandos. Now that's retarded, honestly make bandos obtainable from PVM or through the PKP shops. Also teleport tabs, WHY WHY WHY make them spawnable? You're promoting people to use them!! Put them in the PKP shop!!!

The problem right now is that, new players aren't going to stay that long. It's hard to build a bank (minus the fact that you donate money and stake), people will have to grind ALOT to get decent gears, East and West aren't that populated. Not much wilderness activities in general both PVM and PKing. The lack of important updates; in the end most veterans will get bored and will probably go stake at the duel arena. Depending on the outcome, they will most definitely quit. There is also a lack of staff, and events hosted by the team; A good server requires good PR with the players, hosting events. There are barely any mods/admins online...

Roatpkz will not gain more players in the long run.

Then again this is my opinion. Feels free to post below.

PS: I forgot my password in game lmao, please reply to my email ASAP XDXDXDXD

Edited by br3ad
12 hours ago, br3ad said:

Now, I am going to be extremely harsh here. The first thing that got me a big annoyed was:

The donator shop: Why are the spirit shields and chaotics restricted to donors only? The idea of it is dumb and it doesn't help the server as a whole. A pk server needs some sort of PVM and Skilling elements, this will provide balance and gives people more things to do when they're bored. But I'll get back to that specific argument soon. The donor store, 

not a huge fan of it. I don't exactly know how this works but, it doesn't look that good. Random packages are just eww from my point of view.

Not a fan of this either, don't know why it only shows combat stats. The normal graphics for stats indication is perfect, no point changing it to something like this.

Pk Point Store:

I mean 5k for AGS and only 4 pkp per kill and 8 pkp per kill over the weekends? If you're going to make pking rewarding, having a high price  of an item is understandable. But if there's no killstreak rewards that increases the amount of pkpoints you get, I mean theres no point grinding so hard lol. But you can say voting does help... let's be real it's RoatPKZ not RoatGrind yea? 

PVM:

Only two monsters and I believe donors have perks for this. I understand, but condensing all the drops to two PVM monster is just plain lazy. Put more PVM monsters in the wild!! This increases the activity in wilderness!

Giant Mole

Bork

OSRS wildy boss..

Spawning:

Honestly I like spawn servers, but there's a point when the spawning ability goes out of balance. The same goes for Roatpkz, I don't mind spawning ahrims or barrows. Sure it's not the best for the economy but when you can spawn godswords other than ags as well as bandos. Now that's retarded, honestly make bandos obtainable from PVM or through the PKP shops. Also teleport tabs, WHY WHY WHY make them spawnable? You're promoting people to use them!! Put them in the PKP shop!!!

The problem right now is that, new players aren't going to stay that long. It's hard to build a bank (minus the fact that you donate money and stake), people will have to grind ALOT to get decent gears, East and West aren't that populated. Not much wilderness activities in general both PVM and PKing. The lack of important updates; in the end most veterans will get bored and will probably go stake at the duel arena. Depending on the outcome, they will most definitely quit. There is also a lack of staff, and events hosted by the team; A good server requires good PR with the players, hosting events. There are barely any mods/admins online...

1: the reason why chaotics and spirit shields are in the donator shop in the first place is to keep the server running if you think servers can stay online without any votes or donations for the owner you're wrong because else the server would never be known or be displayed on other rsps pages.

2: eventually these chaotics and ss will be removed from the donator sotre because they wanne keep this server as much 07 as possible but some items will probably also be added thats the whole reason why the donor store exists in the first place no one is gone donate 10$ for some lame ass capes.

3: i mean the answer is in your sentence its a PK SERVER so saying it needs a variety in skilling and pvming is stupid.

4: the donator store is fine as it is now the packages give a variety in items and not everyone can afford huge packs for 30$ so thats why it also includes the pk packs etc.. and if people dont like the packs they Always have the option of buying donator/super donator tickets , or donator points os they have the option to choose the packs they want.

5: as said before its a PK SERVER so why waste extra space and time to display skills when they cant be trained and they will Always stay at lvl 1 that would just be useless.

6: i agree on the fact that killstreaks should receive a higher pkp reward but this is also the reason why we have donor zones , roatz champ and chaos elemental even tho this isn't a pvm server this still gives people the opportunity to make some extra bank and receive extra items

7: this is just dumb the whole idea of roatzpkz IS to grind out the pk points i've seen people with 40kills begging for shit because they think its too ''HARD'' to make bank if you only play this game to get rich without doing shit you really shouldn't play this ( btw im not pointing this out to you im speaking in general ) because the majority of the players are like this

8: pvming is being reconsidered and may or may not be added in the future i'd say for those who would like to see the awsome cool updates that will probably happen in he future stick around and be patient if not then thats their problem but people need to keep in mind this is a pking based server only not a main server where u can do everything u want

9: just NO, the pkp shop as it is now is good enough and i support the things that they should add to the shop but they should NOT! remove anything else from the game for the pk shop i mean you first tell us that you think people find it too hard to make money on this server and that its too repetitive pking wise and now u tell us you wanne put bandos and godswords etc.. in the pk shop i mean u may find it pleasant but i can't be bothered doing boring ass rune fights all day long.

10: saying that new people will quit and even veterans of the game will to because they get bored and go stake is bullshit the server is at an alltime high point at the moment we recently broke our max players online record and i'm a vet been cleaned hundreds of times the max time i quit roatz for was like 2weeks and i was still actively on forums daily

11: there is staff online everyday and i haven't seen anyone complain about the lack of support/help from them i think the do a great job if u dont know em all yet heres a list: @Gretar, @Yoobs, @Ahmash, @Ungrateful, @Zoradz, @Robes, @Legend™, @Hemmi80, @graphics <--- ? mb if i forgot someone just tell me.

i hope some of this helped you out. don't think i'm disliking the post or something im glad you mentioned some of this and i actually like some of the ideas just not all of em.

and ps: to recover your account click the roatz icon bottom right on your ingame screen and click '' recover and account '' .

good post man

sincerely,

Rawrdatank :)

• Upvote 1

Everything u said is valid and has been told to gretar. Either he makes a bad excuse of why he won't change it or it takes years to fix. Right now he is fixing magic and so far it has taken him 2+ weeks (at least) to do. 

My friend, who taught gretar how to fix magic, would be able to enhance the server in the time it is taking gretar just to do magic, but Gretar won't let him do it.

With the ability to back up files and other measures that could be taken to ensure that nothing happens, it makes no sense for Gretar to not just give him a 2 week time table to poll and add things to the server.

arguments to this:

"This is a 4 year project that Gretar has been working on and he can't just give it to someone so that they could use it"
-No it's not. Gretar has done 3 weeks-1 month worth of work to it in 4 years. The dupes that have been fixed are the only noteworthy fix

"You would be giving him access to everyones accounts"
-He doesn't play this server currently and if you give him access to the files now, he could just give himself whatever he wanted, and Gretar could just determine what items he could have afterwards. He's a hybrid, so the items would most likely be in pkp so it wouldn't be taking money from the server (since donations are rares)

• Upvote 3
17 hours ago, br3ad said:

All spirit shields are going to be moved into chaos ele drop table and will be tradable, chaotics are going to be removed when there is something valid to replace them with for example ccb replaced with acb. But valid points overall.

Packages are better than people just being able to buy specific items in my opinion i like them.

Agreed, i remade all my game frame because it was annoying me how horrific it looked.

Pk Point Store:

PKP shop should be completely re-done i think AGS should be expensive though.

PVM:

Giant Mole

Bork

OSRS wildy boss..

Agreed hopefully we will add 07 wilderness bosses soon.

Spawning:

Agreed with bandos, we received a lot of backlash when we put ags in pkp shop which didn't improve Gretar's opinion on adding things like bandos to pkp shop. Completely agree with tele tabs in pkp shop. Easts is full of people who rag and wests isnt populated because everyone goes to ::brid. I am normally extremely active but im one of the only eu staff members so its sometimes difficult dealing with 200 players on your own, so i cant always help everyone. I try to host as many events as i can but the items usually come out my own pocket.

Agreed

Legend and Gretar deal with emails and account recover, let me know if you still have not gotten a response.

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, Yoobs said:

You're probably the most dedicated staff member out of everyone. if only there's a lot more of you; I suppose Roatpkz will remain the same until it dies out, at the same time it's not gonna increase or decrease players anytime soon. But soon enough you'll see veterans quit, or sell their items thru Sythe because they simply don't want to play this server anymore. This is due to the lack of change and involvement of staff. I thank you for your reply, you're probably the only person that gave me a serious feedback without any trolls or smart asses trying to prove me wrong.

Nonetheless, if these issues aren't fixed; server will die out. Period. 

9 hours ago, Kihfan55 said:

Everything u said is valid and has been told to gretar. Either he makes a bad excuse of why he won't change it or it takes years to fix. Right now he is fixing magic and so far it has taken him 2+ weeks (at least) to do. 

My friend, who taught gretar how to fix magic, would be able to enhance the server in the time it is taking gretar just to do magic, but Gretar won't let him do it.

With the ability to back up files and other measures that could be taken to ensure that nothing happens, it makes no sense for Gretar to not just give him a 2 week time table to poll and add things to the server.

arguments to this:

"This is a 4 year project that Gretar has been working on and he can't just give it to someone so that they could use it"
-No it's not. Gretar has done 3 weeks-1 month worth of work to it in 4 years. The dupes that have been fixed are the only noteworthy fix

"You would be giving him access to everyones accounts"
-He doesn't play this server currently and if you give him access to the files now, he could just give himself whatever he wanted, and Gretar could just determine what items he could have afterwards. He's a hybrid, so the items would most likely be in pkp so it wouldn't be taking money from the server (since donations are rares)

Sounds like someone who's in it for money :D:D:D Nothing against you bro!! @Gretar

Edited by br3ad
  • Upvote 1
On 12/28/2015 at 1:51 PM, br3ad said:

Early on in the server, a fair few people donated for the chaotics and other stuff as well as the ability to yell, but as the server's went on and gone through players (and had players that stuck around, myself included), people seem to just donate for the ability to yell. Most donators I run into don't use the donator items that are there to be used. The capes have always been a bit suspect, but all the items seem to be uninteresting now. 
Yoobs said the chaotics would be removed once something suitable was found as a replacement, but I'm not sure they're worth replacing. Maybe just remove them and remove the donator store as well. Lower the normal Donator status price to 5$. However if there is something worth replacing the chaotics with, might as well do it.

Also 100% agree with the Skilling and PVM point. Would love a little bit of skilling on here as I am much more focused skiller than I am good at PKing.

I personally prefer the idea of buying individual items, but it can't be denied that the packages have raked in a lot of money for the server and for Gretar. I don't entirely agree with the fact that the packages are able to be traded, but I doubt many other people have that opinion.

Agreed. I think Gretar changed it as skilling wasn't able to be done and thought it was useless to have those stats shown (assumption), but it does look kinda iffy.

Pk Point Store:

I'm hoping that the AGS will be lowered in price, but also that the normal PKP reward for pking noobs doesn't change. Killstreak rewards are something that I think should be implemented, but hopefully wouldn't be abused.

PVM:

Giant Mole

Bork

OSRS wildy boss..

Not the biggest PVMer, but agree that there should be more activity in this area.

Spawning:

Always thought having Bandos in the PKP store would be better than having it be spawnable. It's popular and people are definitely going to pay PKP to obtain it. 
Might as well agree with tele tabs since a lot of bridders use them.

Most of the veterans on here (that I know) don't like the duel arena lmao. They just quit on their accord or log in every month or so because of the lack of change. Updates have become a lot more frequent than they once were, but it's still not the best. Better than nothing though.

The server has never really needed a big staff team, but there's only one of each position now (except Forum Mod). (Edit: I realise there's 3 admins, but Yoobs is 'Global Admin' and Stijn (Legend) does a lot of behind the scenes stuff, so I counted just Mike (Ungrateful) for the admins.) I personally would like to see 2 of each staff member, preferably different time zones so a certain time zone to make sure that a certain time of the day doesn't go without a staff member online. If I hadn't of resigned earlier in the year, there would still be a forum moderator, but I didn't really feel like I had enough motivation to play. Plus I'm not active all the time. If I had more time, I wouldn't have resigned, but there's no use having a guy who isn't motivated or isn't up to date with the server all the time. It doesn't really help when there's not many candidates for staff positions.

People will leave, but people always come.

Edited by Harley
  • Upvote 1