Roat's Toxic Community

Arcadium

This post probably won't get far but felt like saying something anyway. I wanna start by saying I absolutely love this server in general and have been playing it for a considerable amount of time now, alongside many other players. The various current features and the upcoming client are exciting and fun and that's what keeps me playing but there is still a major issue with this server and that's the community.

The people on this server are some of the most toxic I have ever come across on any game in my life. Since I started playing 3-4 years ago, it has always been this way and in my eyes there has been very little attempt to resolve the problem. I can admit that sometimes I am guilty of the occasional flame, but the sheer amount of hatred that people direct towards other players is ridiculous. I understand it's a game at the end of the day and I personally take nothing too seriously but I believe something needs to be done about this ASAP. 

When the new client is released, it is hopefully going to attract more players to the server and notably boost the active player count. However, as soon as these people join Roat, they'll be introduced to a fuckfest of flaming and hatred in public chat/::yell and this will probably start turning people away. From a 'business' side of it, surely Gretar wants to make as much money as possible through players donating. The more players we can keep on the server, the more donations you'll receive and the more money you will make. I speak on behalf of all players too when I say I'd like to see PKing as active as possible. 

I just think it would be beneficial for everyone if this server can begin taking action on these cancerous players that actively seek to indite pure hatred onto everyone else on the server. ::yell needs a definite clean up and public chat needs to be monitored much more closely. It may be necessary to hire more server-support players who have permissions to give temporary mutes when appropriate. It'd need to be people who are trustworthy and not those who are likely to abuse their authority. 

You can call this post 'a waste of time' or simply tell me just to 'man-up', but the people who will say these things will be the same people in-game causing flaming 24/7 and being toxic as fuck. It'd be everyone's best interests if this issue started being resolved earlier than later.

Cheers boys.

• Upvote 1

I understand your frustration towards the community, and why some people get very upset over little things. You need to understand that the majority of the community has already accepted the fact that Roatpkz is not a friendly server. You ask for change and, frankly, the staff aren't the ideal 'role models' that they're supposed to be. I'm astonished that the Roatpkz community has not matured during these years, but you can only expect so much from incompetent players who enjoy the tormenting of others.

Sincerely,

Alkosor

Edited by Alkosor
  • Upvote 1

Hm, for some reason I don't think you play roatz much, it's already found the perfect balance of flame and pleasant manners. It's all honesty based off clan rivalry and even that has its limits, from the few active notable ss staff (Killbob,Nyzic,etc) to the one mod for a server that has 200+ players, yell chat has drastically chilled over the years to the point it legit needs no staff supervision except for few rare cases of a reminder to settle down from good theater beef. Look I respect the fact that through runescape, we get to experience many different types of cultures, world perspectives, ideas, etc.

However "monitoring public chat", 1) we don't have the man power to micro manage every single player and staff already do monitor it by simply playing the game, 2) It sounds totalitarian as fuck and strips freedom of expression the rules are already a perfect moral boundary bubble. 3) These kids are 15-20+ meaning they're responsible for their actions they know right from wrong, many of them still need growing up to do, that's what the report section is for. Simply put from a business perspective? I'd rather see a place where you can have a relaxed leniency rather than straight up draconian punishments, Roatpkz is a unique subculture where we put the emphasis on the whole community, AND the individuals needs. I believe this will never change, please use the report section in the future. 

Image result for nick young meme

• Upvote 3

Game is aids

players are ebola

always been this way and will probably always stay like this

Gretar probably knows how toxic the community is but why would he care? I mean we have the rules that should be followed and a report section to report a player when players break the rules and we also have good staffs that makes our environment ingame little less aids. That's it and that should be enough. 

We can just accept the fact that this community makes us bald

It's kinda sad reading these replies that everyone has just accepted the way the community is and no one really cares to do much about it. 

@Sage fest there is no way in hell the community is a "perfect balance of flame and pleasant manners". You stating that confirms that you, in fact, are the one who doesn't play much. It's laughable you've even said that. If you played the server enough you'd know there is no balance at all and the majority of players continue to flame, abuse and talk shit to players on a regular basis. Your approach to the issue is, in my opinion, completely wrong and the relaxed, laid back mentality that it's 'not a big deal' is exactly why it's the way it is. 

@Persona yes my friend, the reason I took time writing this entire post was because I died to a clan in-game. Who's a clever boy?

@JBLIND™ I can't really understand why Gretar doesn't want to attract and keep as many players as possible and earn as much money as possible. It doesn't really make sense. It's just kinda tragic that everyone accepts that to play this game you've gotta put up with this amount of toxicity from other players when it could be dealt with.

Edited by Arcadium
grammar

8 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

Chill it's all banter 

like I said I don't take what people say in-game too seriously but it's complete aids having to read the pure amount of shit people say to each other. Just seems like it could be resolved fairly easily over time but no one really gives a shit. Ah well.

2 minutes ago, Arcadium said:

like I said I don't take what people say in-game too seriously but it's complete aids having to read the pure amount of shit people say to each other. Just seems like it could be resolved fairly easily over time but no one really gives a shit. Ah well.

I say it all the time, if there was no flaming on roat it would be so boring to play.

For example if I was seshing with someone and notflaming them whilst doing it I'd be bored af 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

I say it all the time, if there was no flaming on roat it would be so boring to play.

For example if I was seshing with someone and notflaming them whilst doing it I'd be bored af 

a bit of light-hearted flame/banter is fine yeh, but when the ::yell chat has some kid just typing 'YOU'RE A N*GGER* etc it gets beyond the point of banter

8 minutes ago, Arcadium said:

a bit of light-hearted flame/banter is fine yeh, but when the ::yell chat has some kid just typing 'YOU'RE A N*GGER* etc it gets beyond the point of banter

imo that's stilll just banter, the more offensive it isn't the funnier it is

I tried to do something and did do something for a while when me and Smackd use to go hard on people that were repeat offenders but Gretar always lifts the punishments, it's not really up to moderators and admins because at the end of the day Gretar will just unban/unmute all the toxic people as they're the only people keeping the game alive. For a while the community was alright but it was so fucking dead because we banned 90% of the toxic people, so it's a necessary evil. People who come to RoatPKZ are people that have been banned off other p servers or are just looking for a bit of a joke really. This community is literally marketed at under 18, immature and mentally damaged orphan kids (and arabs) and that will never change. There's far better and more serious private servers out there, the only thing that makes Roat fun is the flaming! 

Edited by Yoobs

14 minutes ago, Yoobs said:

I tried to do something and did do something for a while when me and Smackd use to go hard on people that were repeat offenders but Gretar always lifts the punishments, it's not really up to moderators and admins because at the end of the day Gretar will just unban/unmute all the toxic people as they're the only people keeping the game alive. For a while the community was alright but it was so fucking dead because we banned 90% of the toxic people, so it's a necessary evil. People who come to RoatPKZ are people that have been banned off other p servers or are just looking for a bit of a joke really. This community is literally marketed at under 18, immature and mentally damaged orphan kids (and arabs) and that will never change. There's far better and more serious private servers out there, the only thing that makes Roat fun is the flaming! 

:joy: Pretty much sums it up..

1 hour ago, Yoobs said:

I don't think you have to be extremely hard on these people to begin resolving the issue though. Temporary mutes are the most basic and effective punishment that will help control people's behaviour on the server- but if Gretar just lifts them anyway then I guess there isn't much that can be done. It seems silly to say that the toxic people are the only thing keeping the server alive, in my opinion if the server was a lot less toxic then it'd attract more players and boost the active player count dramatically. It's a shame that a server with the cool features and updates it has is ruined by a few immature kids that create this shit community. It'd be nice to see the toxicity of the player base reduced but if the issue starts at the top (with Gretar not really caring) then I guess no one else should care. Just seems a shame that's all, but whatever- it doesn't majorly effect my life so I guess I'll deal with it.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

It's people with ideas like this that make me cringe. Stop now before you make a suggestion thread called "Concentration camp for kids who flame?" 

5 minutes ago, Xex said:

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No.No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

It's people with ideas like this that make me cringe. Stop now before you make a suggestion thread called "Concentration camp for kids who flame?" 

you clearly know a lot about cringe with that profile picture dont you lad

It's all banter, and yo I was pretty surprised you were the one who created this thread since you're pretty toxic yourself. :P

There's nothing wrong with the community just grow up and work on your sense of humour instead of posting threads stating how bad/cancerous the 'community' is.

2 hours ago, genj said:

if you dont like toxicity then get off the internet lmfao

8 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's all banter, and yo I was pretty surprised you were the one who created this thread since you're pretty toxic yourself. :P

There's nothing wrong with the community just grow up and work on your sense of humour instead of posting threads stating how bad/cancerous the 'community' is.

I'm not that toxic at all? I don't think I've ever had an interaction with you on roat at all. As I said, I'm guilty of it sometimes yeh but definitely not one of the worse.

If you think there's nothing wrong with the community then you're part of the problem, but yeh it's clear no one really cares that much anyway so it's aight I'll forget about it.

11 hours ago, Arcadium said:

you clearly know a lot about cringe with that profile picture dont you lad

The irony is delicious your whole thread just became moot. Don't join in on the toxic fun if you're trying to condem real niggas lmfao. 

Inb4thebellowbitchassreply. 

ZFIG0fZ.jpg