Combat Bugs/Suggestions

Hi guys, Alex has recently asked me about combat bugs and to list them. Since there is such a large list i will make an official thread and an official list of all combat related bugs. Please post below with the bugs you know and they will be added to the list.

• Dding on players and being unable to hit back.
  • No mage defense bonuses.
  • Defense bonuses needs tweaking.
  • Hitbox needs to be fixed.
  • Melee accuracy needs tweaking.
Edited by Yoobs
  • Yoobs pinned this topic

Hi guys, Alex has recently asked me about combat bugs and to list them. Since there is such a large list i will make an official thread and an official list of all combat related bugs. Please post below with the bugs you know and they will be added to the list.

• If someones dd'ing on you and you're frozen it takes like 3 seconds of spam clicking them to attack and freeze them.
  • Also, if you're chasing someone and trying to catch a freeze you randomly stop following while the person you're chasing is at a distance, but still visible and on the map.
  • On 07 the hit appears before you barrage, can we make it the same?
  •  You can catch freezes so easily while wearing range tank, but you could splash like 3-4 times in ahrims. 
  • Msb right now is way too accurate, it hits through tank and prayer.
  • Not really a combat bug but, if you rapidly type ::east in and tele you will not take any damage at all and is being abused constantly.
Edited by Why Gg
  • There are delays when you Mage someone, if you pot or eat it takes a lot longer to barrage than normal.
  • If someones dd'ing on you and you're frozen it takes like 3 seconds of spam clicking them to attack and freeze them.
  • Also, if you're chasing someone and trying to catch a freeze you randomly stop following while the person you're chasing is at a distance, but still visible and on the map.
  • On 07 the hit appears before you barrage, can we make it the same?
  •  You can catch freezes so easily while wearing range tank, but you could splash like 3-4 times in ahrims. 
  • Msb right now is way too accurate, it hits through tank and prayer.
  • Not really a combat bug but, if you rapidly type ::east in and tele you will not take any damage at all and is being abused constantly.

This isn't a bug it's the same on 07.

• When you mage someone then dclaw spec them, most of the time it will only hit twice in one spec, rather then hitting 4 times in 1 spec Example: (blitz to dclaws)

Here's a video to prove:

Edited by pure v1
  • When you mage someone then dclaw spec them, most of the time it will only hit twice in one spec, rather then hitting 4 times in 1 spec Example: (blitz to dclaws)

Here's a video to prove:

Happens if you switch weapons too fast as well.

edit: probably to avoid wep glitching, but still

Edited by Harley

You shouldn't be able to hit back if someone dd's on you until you're unfrozen.

I want to mention something that most of you have noticed. Magic is very inaccurate, it does do damage but it's inaccurate.. I think it needs to be fixed. :S

Just quit.

mad pls

postwhore more pls

upset pls

Edit: regardless i hardly play anymore and i just hop on forum for shits & giggles vs people like you who bawl their eyes out when the slightest suggestion is against your point of view. i feel bad for you honestly, people like you will never survive in the real world. 

Edited by rain

You're going off-topic on every post, stay on topic.

wtf u talking about 

some 40 year old virgin like i care about ur irl problems move lmao

irl problems lol, I just broke down everything for you and you clearly can't seem to understand it. Whatever, I'm done replying to you. Since all you want is post counts or whatever. Just watch lol, you're going to end up homeless in 10 years. You have so many insecurities from the replies you've sent it's all too clear. I'll pray for you man.

Not being able to attack when the target is DD'ing - attacking then walking back into the DD isn't a bug, it's on OSRS and was on pre-EoC.

A bug is that the above does NOT happen when you're behind a tree. When you're behind a tree and attack, you should run out and attack. But, if you're fast enough you shouldn't of been attacked due to you being behind the tree when their time for attacking was available. This technique is known as "Tree-Hugging" and isn't only available to trees, but other places where you should be able to stand without recieving damage due to an obstacle being in a way. 

(Video to demonstrate not being attacked back when "Tree-Hugging".  --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVyNvMJbhPA   (0:50 - 1:18 is a perfect example of Tree-hugging. (Only damage he reieves when opponent is froze is Ring of Recoil damage.))

Also, clipping AND movement mapping needs to be fixed. During a Hybrid fight or NH fight, there's wahy too many occurances where you haven't gave the direction at all of the direction your character moves when you have movement. This is highly problematic and needs fixing, movement mapping and clipping os one of the most broken things on this server IMO. There's too many cases where it's obviously ineffective and incorrect on the fastest way to a specific direction/location.)

Also, another thing I would suggest would be increasing the effectiveness of Protection Prayers. At the moment, Protection Prayers only are accountable for shaving maybe 40% (I think) of damage off of the total damage, however even if you're using them you're still capable of being hit 37's by Range Voiders through prayer, and it's even more likely to be hit 20-30's at higher levels through prayer. With Chaotics and D-Capes I think that the effectiveness of protection Prayers should be increased as it simply is not effective with the gear EASILY available ingame.

Edited by Fancy Boots
Reason for edit: Additional Idea.

u  watch too mant pk videos stop dreaaming that ur shisha

Thanks for a stupid little derogatory comment that had NO imput what-so-ever. If you watch the video, you'll notice all the clips are are simple treehugging, 1fakie switches if you're lucky and 15%'s. All of these are simple, and not hard. Anyone who's been NH'ing for a month could easily do it. I'm not trying to "Be like shisha", I added a video that I found showing strong examples of Tree-Hugging. Don't act like you're better than me somehow, because honestly, I've NH'd you at pure and it was laughable. 

(Was a Pre-EoC NH'er, acc got banned from the Bot-Nuke.) <-- But you've never played RS past F2P Pre-EoC, so I wouldn't expect you to know.

Fix up.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for a stupid little derogatory comment that had NO imput what-so-ever. If you watch the video, you'll notice all the clips are are simple treehugging, 1fakie switches if you're lucky and 15%'s. All of these are simple, and not hard. Anyone who's been NH'ing for a month could easily do it. I'm not trying to "Be like shisha", I added a video that I found showing strong examples of Tree-Hugging. Don't act like you're better than me somehow, because honestly, I've NH'd you at pure and it was laughable. 
(Was a Pre-EoC NH'er, acc got banned from the Bot-Nuke.) <-- But you've never played RS past F2P Pre-EoC, so I wouldn't expect you to know.

Fix up.

http://gyazo.com/452f68a46a6191de48672681e1109dc7

u do realize 15%'s has nothing to do with tree hugging?? what relevance does 15%'s have to do with my post that u wish so bad that u were shisha?? lool haha

edit: btw nobody asked 4 ur paragraphs lol -.- nobody actually believes u nhed pre eoc bcus 

1. u lied about being limesanator
2. ur a no namer
3. u have no proof of any acc
4. ur shit

Oh my days you are so dizzy...

I didn't once say that 15%'s have something to do with Tree-hugging, I was stating what the majority of the video consisted of... Everything in that video is basic NH'ing skills, and I was SIMPLY STATING what was seen within it. Therefore making your comment "Dreaming of being Shisha" pointless (And irrelevant) because what is seen in his video was what is expected from any pure NH. 

"Nobody asked 4 ur paragraphs".... Are you serious? Read the title of the thread... You're so clueless LOL. Not being able to Tree-hug correctly is a combat bug due to incorrect Movement mapping and Clipping. It affects combat in all aspects of PK'ing but you're imbecilic mind falters at processing basic information and interpreting it to suit multiple PK'ing scenario's...

As to correct your incorrect list...

1). No, that was Loe, not me. Please get your facts right you clownfish.
2). Actually I'm known throughout the game.
3). Maybe because when you get banned Pre-EoC, all your records on the HighScores were wiped. (But you never Played Pre-EoC, so I wouldn't expect you to know this basic fact.)
4). Evidence please? Legit all I see you do is spew about Hybridding and complaining how Hybrids are irrelevant on this server, and mild flame/flamebaiting. I have no idea why you're so salty, but my days... Insulting people when you read and interpreted my post incorrectly, have incorrect facts that you accuse me of AND no evidence to back up what you're saying? #1 Irrelevant and Imbecile award goes to you my friend...

Hope you enjoyed the read. To be fair, you've probably learnt more from my posts than you ever could at school.

(If you attended, most don't take on students with IQ's of a rock. (Unless you're intellectually challenged, and "special". And judging by your posts, it wouldn't surprise me NGL...))

Edited by Fancy Boots
Reason for Edit: Typo.
  • 1 month later...

sometimes when ur specing and switch weapons too fast it only shows 1 hit like dds for example even tho it really does 2 hits and claws sometimes show 2 hits

like if u switch to whip while ur in middle of dds spec the 2nd spec hit is hidden so the opponent doesnt kno he got rambod

also magic is glitched on npc i was barraging 60+ and stacking 100s

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/8/2015 at 7:16 AM, popbob said:

I think the combat system is perfect. :D

The combat system is far from perfect.

Accuracy formula for both Melee & Range needs fixing, whip on a pure is just beyond a joke how accurate it is I think an ideal way of handling something like this issue whilst trying to keep both Main Pkers & Pure Pkers happy.

Is to create two seperate formulas one to handle Main's and one to Handle Pures.

Due to the fact Whip may not be overly accurate as a main, but is very accurate as a Pure so I believe that's probably the better way to handle something like this.

Edited by Notepad
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Notepad said:

The combat system is far from perfect.

Accuracy formula for both Melee & Range needs fixing, whip on a pure is just beyond a joke how accurate it is I think an ideal way of handling something like this issue whilst trying to keep both Main Pkers & Pure Pkers happy.

Is to create two seperate formulas one to handle Main's and one to Handle Pures.

Due to the fact Whip may not be overly accurate as a main, but is very accurate as a Pure so I believe that's probably the better way to handle something like this.

Lol m8 it won't be fixed, there's no point posting suggestions. I do agree with you though. 

• 1 month later...
  • Gretar unpinned this topic