Yoobs

Yoobs

Hey guys, i'm writing about my experience on RoatPkz and generally just about my admining style etc. Some may find this boring but i see a few people complain about what i do, so i thought i would make a post explaining in detail about everything.

I started RoatPKZ last year in Nov and got forums moderator in around two weeks, I think then went up to global moderator pretty quickly. At the start i tried to go into RoatPKZ with a really nice and polite play-style and really focus on being an moderator etc but realistically i just got flamed by the whole server for the first few months which really demotivated to actually care or be polite to any players. I took a month break then i came back to RoatPKZ and it sort of clicked to me that i was here to help people not put up with there bullshit. I decided to make an example of Craig by banning 400 of his alts as i was so sick of his shit, i started being a lot harder on players and given them strong punishments.

I felt the community overall was allowed to get away with too much on the server which resulted in most players thinking it was acceptable to flame and act disrespectful. This is when i decided i'm not going to nice or be forgiving i'm going to treat players how they treat me you flame me and i will flame you back. Most people say well you are a staff member your suppose to not flame, no actually i'm here to help and i'm definitely not here to abused by players. Through out being staff on this server i haven't really had much support from other staff team members, on a normal day i deal with 200 players by myself as we have no other active eu staff at the moment.

A lot of people complain about me being too tough its simple as don't fuck with me and i wont fuck with you, break the rules or act like a tough guy whatever do that somewhere else do it with me and i will end up punishing you. I'm more than friendly and a fair guy as long as you are fair and friendly to me. I spend a lot of the time doing stuff the like forums, coming up with suggestions and getting Gretar to actually do updates for the server. All i have done from the start is try to improve the server overall for people. Some people complain about Meridian also, Meridian gets muted and banned pretty much everyday and i will punish them exactly the same as id punish other players (feel free to ask other staff if you don't believe me).

Now i'm not putting up with players shit and face it i will never change from that, you flame me then expect flame back. Fuck with me and ill fuck you over x10 harder. When you are an admin and dealing with 200 players, especially in such a toxic community then you can feel free to comment on my admin ability. I help over 200 people a day on the server and try to improve the server as much i can in every aspect and i will carry on doing so. I'm not asking anyone to change or cut me some slack, but i will treat you how you are treating me. I'm a normal human like everyone else and i want the server to be good and improve it as much as i can, i don't get payed for being an admin i do it as a favor to Gretar.

FYI: I cannot spawn items even for myself, i don't have any amazing op commands that help me in anyway and Gretar doesn't give me items. I play exactly the same as the rest of you.

(Sorry if it was a bit ranty, i just felt this needed to be put across).

• Upvote 8

The only people who try to come for ur head are people with a sub 80 iq. Nobody with a brain can disapprove of the way u administrate the server. If things have happened and they believe you have made a mistake along the road (an entire year lol) then so be it.

Roatpkz has drastically improved since u got admin especially. I noticed the people in particular who don't see eye-to-eye with u have never given u any credit for the improvements the server has undergone (the item additions, zone additions, and further so) but their vendetta against you, generating off the one disagreement they have with u, has led them getting themselves banned because ur firm on the 'ragging' subject.

U always have the best interest of the server in mind and its retarded for any1 to think otherwise. U listen to people's opinions with whom u think matter but ur decision on what you tell gretar/believe for yourself has always been yours and ur yet to be wrong

• Upvote 3

Imma be honest, I wasn't your biggest fan when you got staff as soon as you did, but I'm glad to say you proved most of the server (except people who don't agree) including myself wrong. You've been an awesome addition to the staff team and are constantly active in trying to improve the server and voicing your opinions on things. You do plenty of work for the server. If you had a little better support in your time zone, it'd be nice to see. 

It's good that you give just as much shit back as you get given. It's mainly people you punish that have a problem with you, which shows they can't take a little bit of punishment all that well. It's also nice to see a staff member (especially an admin) not losing interest in the server and always wanting it to improve. 

• Upvote 1

Yoobs, I don't think players realise how much you do behind the scenes. I don't know too well how the server was before, but from what I have heard you have made a great impact on this community. 

In terms of the way you admin, you're tough but fair and I think you do a great job - I'll back you up on every decision you make. I can't wait to see what else you bring to us in 2016 buddy. 

Edited by Zoradz
  • Upvote 1

I remember making you a sig on old forums as a welcome gift after seeing all the hate. You've really helped out the server in a way many people don't see, dish out fair punishment & stay active. I've seen many staff go inactive after a while, but you stuck around  & it shows determination.

-Keep doing you :) 

• Upvote 1

ive always tho of u as a good staff but i jus never knew u were the best ever until me, u and robes spoke for hours the other week

it made me realise and think jus how much u done for this server and how well u enforce the rules and looking back Robes wasnt that good of a staff member he dint really care about the updates and community

keep up the good work lad

Edited by Ahmash
  • Upvote 1
21 hours ago, Yoobs said:

Hey guys, i'm writing about my experience on RoatPkz and generally just about my admining style etc. Some may find this boring but i see a few people complain about what i do, so i thought i would make a post explaining in detail about everything.

I started RoatPKZ last year in Nov and got forums moderator in around two weeks, I think then went up to global moderator pretty quickly. At the start i tried to go into RoatPKZ with a really nice and polite play-style and really focus on being an moderator etc but realistically i just got flamed by the whole server for the first few months which really demotivated to actually care or be polite to any players. I took a month break then i came back to RoatPKZ and it sort of clicked to me that i was here to help people not put up with there bullshit. I decided to make an example of Craig by banning 400 of his alts as i was so sick of his shit, i started being a lot harder on players and given them strong punishments.

I felt the community overall was allowed to get away with too much on the server which resulted in most players thinking it was acceptable to flame and act disrespectful. This is when i decided i'm not going to nice or be forgiving i'm going to treat players how they treat me you flame me and i will flame you back. Most people say well you are a staff member your suppose to not flame, no actually i'm here to help and i'm definitely not here to abused by players. Through out being staff on this server i haven't really had much support from other staff team members, on a normal day i deal with 200 players by myself as we have no other active eu staff at the moment.

A lot of people complain about me being too tough its simple as don't fuck with me and i wont fuck with you, break the rules or act like a tough guy whatever do that somewhere else do it with me and i will end up punishing you. I'm more than friendly and a fair guy as long as you are fair and friendly to me. I spend a lot of the time doing stuff the like forums, coming up with suggestions and getting Gretar to actually do updates for the server. All i have done from the start is try to improve the server overall for people. Some people complain about Meridian also, Meridian gets muted and banned pretty much everyday and i will punish them exactly the same as id punish other players (feel free to ask other staff if you don't believe me).

Now i'm not putting up with players shit and face it i will never change from that, you flame me then expect flame back. Fuck with me and ill fuck you over x10 harder. When you are an admin and dealing with 200 players, especially in such a toxic community then you can feel free to comment on my admin ability. I help over 200 people a day on the server and try to improve the server as much i can in every aspect and i will carry on doing so. I'm not asking anyone to change or cut me some slack, but i will treat you how you are treating me. I'm a normal human like everyone else and i want the server to be good and improve it as much as i can, i don't get payed for being an admin i do it as a favor to Gretar.

FYI: I cannot spawn items even for myself, i don't have any amazing op commands that help me in anyway and Gretar doesn't give me items. I play exactly the same as the rest of you.

(Sorry if it was a bit ranty, i just felt this needed to be put across).

dw, we all love u bae

• Upvote 1

agreed man you have done and still do the best u can and i do like the way u handle things just keep in mind that people will Always try to take u down since you are a staff member after all and they dont really appreciate or recognize all the hard work u put in this server ^_^

but try to be a bit less aggressive about the way u handle things now i think people nowadays have much more respect for u and the things u do and i agree rulebreakers should be punished very strictly but ( and correct me if im wrong im not sure about this nor am i accusing someone ) i have heard that people have gotten jailed for trashtalk or even rushing a staff member while i do agree that threatening people is wrong and should be considered breaking a rule but i don't agree on the fact that people would get jailed for a little trashtalk or especially not for rushing i agree on ragging but rushing is just a part of a pk server wether it happens to regular players or staff should not make a difference

btw as i said before its just things that ive heard around the community im not saying you or any other staff member has actually done this it could just be some rumors

anyway keep up the good work and the strict punishment man but try being as fair as possible

goodluck ^_^

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, rawrdatank said:

especially not for rushing i agree on ragging but rushing is just a part of a pk server wether it happens to regular players or staff should not make a difference

If he has jailed them for rushing, he's more than within his powers. Rushing (specing and then teleporting) is against the rules now.

• Upvote 1

I personally didn't like you at first, mostly because of how fast you received your promotions and how you weren't playing for a month or so after you were promoted.

But after chatting with you for months in Meridian Skype chat and just pking w/ you and studying your actions it was really nice to see the way you do things to and for the server, if I were to compare roatpkz a year ago to now, it wouldn't look like the same server whatsoever in terms of community, updates, etc. Without your help, half of the updates we have now (07 items, especially) would have never came around and this server would most likely have a player-base of about 60. But thanks to you this server has strived to around 200 players daily and is still improving. Also u sound like Tay X D when he whispers js. Love u

• Upvote 1